Forum

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    How did you get the file but no beta key?
    He found a direct link in the site code, just like me, but you won’t go beyond this window

Quote Originally Posted by MCG View Post
    Oh dear... let's wait

Attachment 18416
    How did you get there? When I try to log in to https://beta.teamspeak.com, it loads infinitely

DO I HAVE TO HOST MY SERVER WITH TEAMSPEAK?
    No.

Again, one of the most loved features of TeamSpeak is the ability of our users to host their own servers, wherever and however they like. This feature has not been removed, we are simply creating a better user experience by allowing servers to be setup from within the client.

In addition to an improved user experience, this also enables us to provide our users with a FREE voice server each.

Self hosted servers do not include our global chat services.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    The global chat is not related to a specific TeamSpeak Server so you can use it regardless of where your server host hosted. Basically, what it means is... TeamSpeak Server chats are not global chats.
    Is there an option planned that i can have those 'global chats' stored on my self hosted server? So that everyone who has access to my server can read those messages even when they were not connected when the message was sent?
    Something like persistent server chats.

That would be a cool addition.

Quote Originally Posted by NOFEAR2h View Post
    He found a direct link in the site code, just like me, but you wonít go beyond this window
    The site code of which page?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanashi View Post
    Hello @ScP,

I have a serious question about TeamSpeal 5. Since the beta is now available, I hope that questions about features will be answered.

There is now a global chat which is independent from the server. Will there also be text chat only channel? That would be a reason for me to switch back from Discord to TeamSpeak because I use my server to support my products. What would also be important to me is that the chats are permanent and available even after the client restarted.

kind regards
    Hanashi

Edit: my last sentence is cleared: "Thereís no more chatís disappearing when you disconnect (unless you want them to, of course!)"
    I am having the same question. The global chat system can be attached with some specific server or not? (Attached means compulsory for ts5 users to stay in the chat, If people don't stay in the group chat then its like a skype group chat and no one really cares for it. Larger communities with great no. of users require a large no. of text channels where we have a lot of information to manage and spread it around.

Quote Originally Posted by MCG View Post
    Oh dear... let's wait

Attachment 18416
    bro after the sh..t you pulled here... i bet you are the last one who will get a key from Teamspeak; https://forum.ts3public.de/index.php...hrheit/#post26

it is accually quite rude that you are still here act like nothing happened...bro you are from a another planet without manners i can tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    The site code of which page?
    the link is in the js file

Quote Originally Posted by NOFEAR2h View Post
    the link is in the js file
    Oh wow, I looked out for an exe file.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    I am having the same question. The global chat system can be attached with some specific server or not? (Attached means compulsory for ts5 users to stay in the chat, If people don't stay in the group chat then its like a skype group chat and no one really cares for it. Larger communities with great no. of users require a large no. of text channels where we have a lot of information to manage and spread it around.
    Global chat is not bound by servers. You create a global chat group and can invite friends from yur contact list. Within this group you as owner can assign Admin,Mod,member,guests. Once they invited and they accept they stay within the chat till they leave themselves r they get kicked. But in order to use this feature "global chat" you need a myteamspeak account since the whole exchange happens in the cloud.

TS5 also has a nice feature that shows you when someone from your teamspeak server you are connected to starts a chat with you.

In order to chat with contacts or global chats you do not need to login to a voice server, starting the client is enough to straight chat away.

But what is with text chat only? The following picture seems that there is text chat only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-3f.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	18419

Quote Originally Posted by mazeman View Post
    bro after the sh..t you pulled here... i bet you are the last one who will get a key from Teamspeak; https://forum.ts3public.de/index.php...hrheit/#post26

it is accually quite rude that you are still here act like nothing happened...bro you are from a another planet without manners i can tell you that.
    Awwww that's cute and you don't even know the whole story, I didn't really took the weblist over.
    Now explain me the definition of "rude" please.

----- back to topic -----

Also: Some peoples have found the direct download link for the client but you can't do anything with the client without the "Testing" Badge. You can only receive this via e-Mail, if you've registed up for the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanashi View Post
    But what is with text chat only? The following picture seems that there is text chat only.

Name:	2-3f.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	18419
    The Server Tree looks like this if you have Compact Tree disabled.

Disabled:

Name:	2019-10-14 18_55_04-TeamSpeak.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	18420

Enabled:

Name:	2019-10-14 18_55_12-TeamSpeak.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	18421
    Last edited by RealSYOX; October 14th, 2019 at 06:56 PM. Reason: added pictures

That's not the answer of my question.

Quote Originally Posted by mazeman View Post
    Global chat is not bound by servers. You create a global chat group and can invite friends from yur contact list. Within this group you as owner can assign Admin,Mod,member,guests. Once they invited and they accept they stay within the chat till they leave themselves r they get kicked. But in order to use this feature "global chat" you need a myteamspeak account since the whole exchange happens in the cloud.

TS5 also has a nice feature that shows you when someone from your teamspeak server you are connected to starts a chat with you.

In order to chat with contacts or global chats you do not need to login to a voice server, starting the client is enough to straight chat away.
    Yeah I was afraid this is going to slow down the community development.

I am still requesting the teamspeak staff to revise the global chat system.

Hosting a large community means you have to add up all the members from your teamspeak server. The moment you join the server you MUST BE connected to the chat system as well so you can see things.
    There are too many things for us to do in the chat system:

Announcements
    Server Rules
    General Info
    And many other things.

If global chat is associated with the server (yes I do understand that means you need a myTeamspeak ID to join but we also have a system that allows only myTeamspeak users to join the server).

In order to build up a successful chat system embedded inside a community you have to force the clients to use it. How will you force the clients when the global chat is not even bound by the server. It means more than 75% people will just simply ignore the chat system and continue with their boring disconnected life on the community.

You can keep the global chat optional for the servers but its a MUST for servers who are willing to build an interactive community to have their own working and functional chat system.

Barely anyone will interact with each other in a large community, people will just call it spam and leave. There can a mute option added to the chat system to avoid notifications being popped from time to time.

So I'm guessing we still can't connect from web like Discord..? Maybe Teamspeak 5 server we can?

Thread Information