Forum

Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Beta key distribution system

With the beta keys now being sent out how are they getting picked as i see people with accounts not older then 6 months getting keys yet i signed up the day the beta request was first opened and feel i have either missed my invite or some strange picking system is being used.

Just after some sort of clarity as to how the keys are being distributed

The e-Mails are picked randomly - it doesn't matter how old your account or sign-up date is.
    Some peoples did get a key with "fresh" (some months) accounts/dates and others are waiting.
    1 year or 1 month doesn't really matter in this case.

From my understanding; all e-Mails should be received after 6 weeks (step by step...).

ok thank you

I do not have any to redeem yet. Whether you send code today?

You can't edit channel Avatar yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    You can't edit channel Avatar yet?
    Yes, not yet available.

- So here is TS3 VS TS5 compact view.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compare.png 
Views:	336 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	18474

- I'm connected to both at the same time.

- There are no Country Flags (I love seeing where ppl are from), please add this feature back (possibly in a creative non ugly way?), this is something I don't think you can do on Discord so why not take advantage of that?

- If you see how our icons are nice and organized on TS3, and then it adds me the stupid Beta Test icon (seen in the image above), this is why I want it disabled server wide people just don't care about their stupid forced badges. Now In their options I did see an option to disable it, I just can't confirm if this was just for myself, or forced ENTIRE server (if it's the entire server, i will be happy), it does say SERVER I just need this confirmed.

Name:	serverbadges.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	18476

- As mentioned before the Background behind the server groups/badges on TS is too Dark (on Dark Theme), on the Light theme it's not as bad since it's much lighter so it's not taking away too much focus from everything else, you can see how I edited it to make it lighter, this would be nicer please...

Name:	Test2.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	296.3 KB 
ID:	18477

- Compared to Discord, 7 people in one channel take much much more room, I don't understand why the need to add the groups/badges UNDER someone while in that view, it's REALLY ugly they need to be at the side... I don't need to see someones groups when we talk I just want to see their names, this is why Compact view is still better which is sad because I WANT To see the avatars.
    They should just add smaller avatars for Compact view (This should be Default) and then add an option to DISABLE avatars.

Name:	Untitled3311.png 
Views:	232 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	18475

Name:	BestView.png 
Views:	397 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	18478

I'll add more soon, these forums only allow me 5 pics at a time...
    Last edited by Trunkz Jr; October 19th, 2019 at 11:39 PM.

Btw this is light compact view for those that never got to see it.

Name:	Untitled22211111.png 
Views:	279 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	18479

Not sure if there is an official place to provide feedback to them on the Beta.
    Last edited by Trunkz Jr; October 19th, 2019 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    If you see how our icons are nice and organized on TS3, and then it adds me the stupid Beta Test icon (seen in the image above), this is why I want it disabled server wide people just don't care about their stupid forced badges. Now In their options I did see an option to disable it, I just can't confirm if this was just for myself, or forced ENTIRE server (if it's the entire server, i will be happy), it does say SERVER I just need this confirmed.

Name:	serverbadges.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	18476
    This is only for you, so if you don't like to see the Badges of other Users, you can disable it.

edit: i think it will be better if they change the name from "Server" to "Server Tree"
    Last edited by RealSYOX; October 19th, 2019 at 11:46 PM. Reason: added text, see edit:

Are there any hints or greyed out areas of the client that suggest additions of features? How is channel chat?

Quote Originally Posted by AGamer View Post
    Are there any hints or greyed out areas of the client that suggest additions of features? How is channel chat?
    Not that I can tell, any big features seem to be coming with a Teamspeak 5 Server, this client is just visual, why this took this long just for a visual update and hid it like they discovered a new space fuel is beyond me.

Anyway, as for channel chat:

Name:	Untitled1231.png 
Views:	563 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	18481

It's probably the nicest thing on TS5 beta which is private chat and channel chat, it's so much nicer being able to chat with others while still having your Teamspeak in the middle to talk, it's just nice. They still need to allow embed images (embed youtube works) but it's leaps better than Teamspeak 3 you will enjoy this aspect. Also in the Yellow boxes I made, when you have a PM open with someone, it shows them talking both in channel and on the left side their light turns on too, was nice being in the settings messing with stuff and still being able to see them talk.

TS5 Server?

Hello Guys,

Are there any plans for a self-hosted TS5 server software like what we have for TS3? I mean the TS3 server is still not supporting a proper HA/Fail-Over scenario and it would be a "very very" nice to have feature (also I believe closing to 2020 it is a must...). The new client is a good start, will there be a beta application for the server (if a new server software is on the roadmap...)?

Thanks!

On one of the pictures of Trunkz Jr I saw that Channel Commander is not displayed. Will it be implemented or will it be omitted?

Is there a 32 Bit Client for Windows or only 64?

How can i know if i signed up for the beta program? I'm pretty sure i signed up but cant find any confirmation email.

Thread Information