Forum

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Is it still possible to put rank names in front of your name via the permission system? e.g. [ADMIN]
    Is it still possible to set a server banner (the one in the screenshot from last page looks more like a channel banner)?
    Will there be a native game-overlay? Or is one planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Will TeamSpeak 3 retain it's name or be called something else?

Will TeamSpeak 3 still be promoted for download on your site or will it be a little out of sight?
    The name stays. The support continuous and the TS3 clients still will get some love.
    Can't say at the moment when TS3 starts vanishing form the website.

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    Is it still possible to put rank names in front of your name via the permission system? e.g. [ADMIN]
    The client will not show the name in server tree. Can't say yet if that feature will return.

Is it still possible to set a server banner (the one in the screenshot from last page looks more like a channel banner)?
    Server banners may get replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by SCP
    No. TS5 will continue to support Overwolf through our new addon API, but it will not be integrated or shipped with the client.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

What are the current options to show different ranks apart from setting an icon for the specific group?
    Have you added any features which are currently done by bots (Ranking-Bot, JTS3Mod, Sinusbot? (auto-poke,rank assign))
    Anything you can share about the overhauled whisper-feature?
    Is it still possible to have "blank" spacers?
    How does the search bar in the left corner work? Is it to find public servers or to find servers which you already added?
    Is it possible to be incognito in your contact list?
    Will downloads work like in ts3? / Will there be a file browser?
    Last edited by mindo; July 31st, 2019 at 11:49 AM.

Will you have steam support a clickable link that allows you to join TeamSpeak? Currently if you just type your address ts.uwsgsming.com (which is ours) it gives them a clickable link, which many ppl do click it and it opens a website that leads nowhere and they tell me (nope didn’t work) because they don’t understand it doesn’t work like Discord, and when you do provide a link: http://tinyurl.com/ybko6m2q that connects to our TeamSpeak but Steam does not allow that link you get something about it being suspicious, so it’s frustrating trying to connect someone to our place we have to actually talk them through it via Open connections > connect > paste the address etc which is a put off for many people when with discord it’s a click and your in.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Server banners may get replaced.
    No, please don`t

How many % till the closed beta are missing?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0REroLU8AIrQgI.jpg

On that Image there, where it says developers developers developers, is that a channel avatar and channel banner there?

It┤s the channel banner that you can already set in the latest server version. Ofc the TS3 client doesn┤t show this since it does not support channel banners.

How soon is the closed beta away?

And will TS5 have an File Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by thundercats View Post
    The next version will have a file manager ofc. They have no reason to remove this feature from TS. If you didn┤t know TS3 does have a file manager too. Just press middle mouse button or right click->file browser on any channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Will you have steam support a clickable link that allows you to join TeamSpeak? Currently if you just type your address ts.uwsgsming.com (which is ours) it gives them a clickable link, which many ppl do click it and it opens a website that leads nowhere and they tell me (nope didn’t work) because they don’t understand it doesn’t work like Discord, and when you do provide a link: http://tinyurl.com/ybko6m2q that connects to our TeamSpeak but Steam does not allow that link you get something about it being suspicious, so it’s frustrating trying to connect someone to our place we have to actually talk them through it via Open connections > connect > paste the address etc which is a put off for many people when with discord it’s a click and your in.
    tools -> invite buddy -> change Invitation Type to Http Redirection
    send the url from here

it will look something like this
    http://www.teamspeak.com/invite/ts.uwsgsming.com/

If steam added support for other protocols for URLs (like FTP://, SSH://, or more specifically ts3server://), then this would be the easiest method of linking to servers

How soon is the closed beta away?
    Remember? Post #1 is still the answer to Beta status question. Doesn't matter how often you will ask that one question.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0REroLU8AIrQgI.jpg

On that Image there, where it says developers developers developers, is that a channel avatar and channel banner there?
    Yes that is a channel Banner. **The design may change for first release.
    Channel Banners are only available in TS5. They differ from setting images into the description.

Quote Originally Posted by McGG67 View Post
    How many % till the closed beta are missing?
    We will not announce any Beta status or date till we are 100% sure to release one.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by SCP
    No. TS5 will continue to support Overwolf through our new addon API, but it will not be integrated or shipped with the client.
    SCP mentioned the new overlay was coming directly from TeamSpeak and that it will not use Overwolf anymore? I think you made a mistake Dante. The quote from SCP is below.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider007 View Post
    Question 10 @ScP: Will there be an new Overlay directly from Teamspeak?
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP View Post
    Yes, we'd like to provide a minimalistic cross-platform solution... but not with the initial release.

Quote Originally Posted by AGamer View Post
    SCP mentioned the new overlay was coming directly from TeamSpeak and that it will not use Overwolf anymore? I think you made a mistake Dante. The quote from SCP is below.
    You got me there »\_(ツ)_/»
    Need to clarify which one is right. Maybe both are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by McGG67 View Post
    Does the TS5 client has an option to switch from TS5 to TS3 instant?
    I'm not sure what you mean with an 'option'.

Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by MCG View Post
    .So I don't think that they're going to add a "Switch to TeamSpeak 3" button.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Why should TS5 bring users back to the TS3 client with a button.
    Yes there are 2 clients and one server but TS5 as client itself is totally different. That wouldn't work.

Did I misunderstood something?

You got me there »\_(ツ)_/»
    Need to clarify which one is right.

I'm not sure what you mean with an 'option'.

TS5 probably dosen't have all the options to interact witht he server as TS3 at the moment. That's what i mean with that.

Thread Information