Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

More Plugin support?

Hey,
    since I am not a Visual C++ developer, I had problems while creating a TS3 client addon/ plugin.
    You already said that you will focus more on plugin programming/ adding support for TS5, but I'd like to know if you provide wrappers for some more languages e.g. C#?

And you can now add contacts, probably is a myTeamspeak account needed.
    Do people now see your myTeamspeak profile name? I sadly used my full name, and don't want other peoples to see my myTeamspeak account name (so my full name)

Thanks in advance!
    I really do like TS5 btw.

Was just wondering are we gonna get the spec for the end to end encryption or is that protocol gonna be proprietary?

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Thanks for the feedback... however, could you be a bit more specific on this? What exactly is it you don't like?
    Sure, I can list some. These are my personal opinions.

* Hide the Users, Quality, and Type panels on the channel descriptions.
    * Ability to see channel's chat without having to join it.
    * Having Contacts always shown in another panel.

Honestly, if there was a design/way to squish everything in the left panel to something more compact similar to Discord that would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Somesite View Post
    * Ability to see channel's chat without having to join it.
    How much Times this gonna be asked for...
    Like every Week since TS2 cames out?
    This is TeamSPEAK, not TeamSPY.. Jezuz..

* Having Contacts always shown in another panel.
    You can "Drag and Drop" the Contact-Tab below the Server-List.
    So they got his own "Panel" and youll always see them.
    Last edited by SmokinShark; December 12th, 2019 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinShark View Post
    No, this is modern. Even Discord has this feature. Alternativley there could be a "text only channel" like in Discord or split text and voice channel like Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by ImScheinox View Post
    Thats cool to see! But maybe the text is hard to read. Attachment 18723The info window in ts3 fits way more to the backgroundAttachment 18724In Ts5 it is way to black in my opinion + you can't move the info window!
    I have to agree that the connection info UI is looking a bit odd with its color combinations and background darkness. Please improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanashi View Post
    No, this is modern. Even Discord has this feature. Alternativley there could be a "text only channel" like in Discord or split text and voice channel like Discord.
    Well I would suggest a totally new friends/contacts window. You should keep the list detachable like steam friends list, the same can be said for the bookmarked server list. If you make that entirely separate it will stop confusing people as it seems that in the process of adding hundreds of features in a compact UI you guys made it look dirty and confusing instead of clean and user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by vonas View Post
    What's up,

I right-clicked on a user in the channel tree to get the tooltip menu with those quick options. I tried to hide it again by just scrolling down, but it so happened that it stayed where it was, it didn't disappear. So, that should probably be fixed. Also, I'd appreciate if you don't trigger elements around the tooltip when you click somewhere to hide that menu again. Since there's no 'x' to remove it you intuitively click somewhere else to do that. But right now you have to make sure that it doesn't trigger any action like opening the information window of a channel or user. It would be great if that got changed.

Thanks for reading.

Best regards,
    Jonas
    Right behavior(s) would be do not allow to scroll as long the context menu is opened OR close it on scroll.
    I create a ticket but also move this out of bug section because this currently not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by vonas View Post
    Hey there,

I prefer using Teamspeak with just a single column window. That means in my view I have to navigate between chats, settings, the channel browser, etc. to go back and forth between one another. What really annoys me is that whenever I navigate back to the channel browser (where you scroll up and down to select your channel and see users in the current or subscribed channels) the window scrolls to the top every single time. As a consequence I need to scroll back to where it was, which is quite a pain in the long run.

Thanks for reading.

Best regards,
    Jonas
    Thnx for the report. We have that issue on our list.
    Last edited by dante696; December 12th, 2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: merged
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    We'll work on readability and other improvements. This is the first iteration of the new connection info widget and we're happy to adjust things based on user feedback.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69C421DE-9FE7-4D06-979F-F21FCFEBF9D5.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	454.0 KB 
ID:	18728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69C421DE-9FE7-4D06-979F-F21FCFEBF9D5.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	454.0 KB 
ID:	18728

You know how you guys made those neat TS5 videos like how to create a server and add friends etc you guys seriously need to make one on How to JOIN TeamSpeak to begin with (TS3 and TS5 versions). Give us some type of Master link or Page that we can guide people to go to on downloading, installing, and joining a server.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C791F686-0B7C-49EC-96B2-DFFEE55459B4.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	360.3 KB 
ID:	18729

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinShark View Post

You can "Drag and Drop" the Contact-Tab below the Server-List.
    So they got his own "Panel" and youll always see them.
    Just like my last post, let me preface this with the fact that I said it was my opinion. I'm paying for a 32 slot server. There's absolutely no way I'm going to convince my community to move from Discord to TeamSpeak as it currently sits. The most obvious and main problem is the user interface and then its functionality.

Sure, tell me it's impossible to do (clicking on channels to view its chat without joining the channel). I find it funny that this feature is requested so often, and TeamSpeak just created a new client from the ground up, yet still didn't implement that feature?

Just my 2 cents.

Just like my last post, let me preface this with the fact that I said it was my opinion. I'm paying for a 32 slot server. There's absolutely no way I'm going to convince my community to move from Discord to TeamSpeak as it currently sits. The most obvious and main problem is the user interface and then its functionality.

Sure, tell me it's impossible to do (clicking on channels to view its chat without joining the channel). I find it funny that this feature is requested so often, and TeamSpeak just created a new client from the ground up, yet still didn't implement that feature?

Just my 2 cents.
    It's because TeamSpeak is primarily a VOIP client, not a text chat software. They may add this, but I'm not sure it's needed for the use case TeamSpeak has currently. I could be wrong, but we'll see what they add.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    It's because TeamSpeak is primarily a VOIP client, not a text chat software. They may add this, but I'm not sure it's needed for the use case TeamSpeak has currently. I could be wrong, but we'll see what they add.
    But nobody is complaining about their VOIP, we all know it’s the best and still is, the problem is EVERYTHING else. I see how long it took just to get to this visual aspect I would have thought with all that time they would have some amazing features, nope just visual in fact they took AWAY TS3 features never mind adding in big features to bring back those who left for Discord.

Like I mentioned above it’s still tough bringing in people to TeamSpeak because they just don’t know how after using Discord it’s considered as complicated to them. The only thing I can really do is show them the flashy TS5 trailer they made so they can see there is something to look forward to, but at this rate it’s going to take forever just to leave closed beta...

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    But nobody is complaining about their VOIP, we all know it’s the best and still is, the problem is EVERYTHING else. I see how long it took just to get to this visual aspect I would have thought with all that time they would have some amazing features, nope just visual in fact they took AWAY TS3 features never mind adding in big features to bring back those who left for Discord.

Like I mentioned above it’s still tough bringing in people to TeamSpeak because they just don’t know how after using Discord it’s considered as complicated to them. The only thing I can really do is show them the flashy TS5 trailer they made so they can see there is something to look forward to, but at this rate it’s going to take forever just to leave closed beta...

I mean they haven't really taken away any TS3 features as they're mostly server-side, they just haven't implemented them into the new client. It seems like they're spending a lot of time on UI design so far, they really need to release a roadmap / planned feature list to resolve this.

I'd rather them take their time to leave closed beta because there's lots I want to see implemented and not just another rushed buggy piece of software.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post

I know you are running a community mate and you are facing problems on how to keep people together.

I am unsure if this is a proper place to give this suggestion but my Community is sponsored by teamspeak.

We have more than a 100 slots, after we got sponsored and some heavy work done by us we finally got good activity on ts but now we find this ultimate issue of communication. We might have a 100 people on our teamspeak server but these 100 people do not even know each other, not more than 5-7 ppl sit in one channel because obviously why to sit in a crowded channel.

Voice channel with chat option is totally useless to me in this case. When you are building a community and you want to keep the community alive you need your 100 players on your server to communicate with each other. Now I have some odd 180 channels on my server with over 150 used by the public. Give me a single source I can use to communicate with my 100 clients? Am I suppose to go into each of their channel (that too whenever they are active) to just inform the daily community activity? I mean come on this is common sense how am I supposed to build a community like this? Even a guy with a job in a mailroom find his job easy but mine ITS JUST TOO MUCH HECTIC.

Now we all expected something extraordinary from TS5 (I know its still in beta but after 1.5 years of development I don't see any great work done in the client to attract the public yet. We are not trying to discourage your work but you've got to understand your priorities)

If you prioritize the stuff that should come up first (the most important ones) you will be able to implement that one first. If you develop the server chat or chat based channel first at least we can regain our activity in the disconnected community sir. I appreciate if you guys take it seriously (although no signs have ever been seen)

Many are used to the fact that a program is free, and often I hear phrases why pay for something if there is free. At one time, such garbage as Raid Call also positioned itself as a TS killer and what we see is stalled, Discord is waiting to take into account, they already have problems with servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shystriknsk View Post
    ... they already have problems with servers.
    They don't. If you are talking about the latest outages, they were mostly caused by GCP.

Thread Information