Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

DDoS Attacks vs Teamspeak Servers

When teamspeak will be able to do something to counter these ddos attacks ?

I've tried several DDoS Protected hosting companies, and "none" of them, can really provide protection against all the UDP Attacks we're receiving, something must be done, because teamspeak is too sensible against all these types of attacks, and when we manage to get some peace, always someone is working to get something new causing us downtimes again.

Sorry for it, but I'm kinda of frustrated due to this. :/

I'm seriously considering to try other similar solutions (and they do exist), but I really wanted to stick with Teamspeak, if there could be any real light for this.

flood udp

The attack udp was getting to your server?he has firewall your server?

Why are people getting ddos'ed all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosmodelo View Post
    The attack udp was getting to your server?he has firewall your server?
    It has everything you can imagine, firewalls, ddos mitigation devices and so on, we are investing a lot on this, still it is not enough.

Who is the provider your server?

Who is the provider your server?
    I've tried many solutions, such as: Staminus, Level 3 (BlackLotus), Voxility, OVH, Koddos, Link11 and so on, none of them are able to solve "all" issues, always there is some sort of "breach" that will cause us issues... Actually there must be some sort of change in the software side, in order to improve this condition, Teamspeak is not the only victim on this, but actually most of FPS Games as well, such as Counter Strike for example.

Please i would to tell me now the provider your server!

Please i would to tell me now the provider your server!
    I still have boxes in all these companies yet.

I hope some developer have the time to check this.
    Last edited by MaxDev; August 11th, 2016 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDev View Post
    I've tried many solutions, such as: Staminus, Level 3 (BlackLotus), Voxility, OVH, Koddos, Link11 and so on, none of them are able to solve "all" issues, always there is some sort of "breach" that will cause us issues... Actually there must be some sort of change in the software side, in order to improve this condition, Teamspeak is not the only victim on this, but actually most of FPS Games as well, such as Counter Strike for example.
    Staminus is garbage, just search bad reviews on them. Black Lotus is more geared towards large attack mitigation.

I would suggest you give nfoservers.com a shot, John the owner knows what he's doing, he invested tons into ddos protection and it doesn't even cost extra. They also have a wonder firewall config in their control panel you can set custom rules and many many common ones, as well as walk you through u32 and BPF settings.

I can't recommend nfo more, I have several boxes with them for years without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Randinator View Post
    Staminus is garbage, just search bad reviews on them. Black Lotus is more geared towards large attack mitigation.

I would suggest you give nfoservers.com a shot, John the owner knows what he's doing, he invested tons into ddos protection and it doesn't even cost extra. They also have a wonder firewall config in their control panel you can set custom rules and many many common ones, as well as walk you through u32 and BPF settings.

I can't recommend nfo more, I have several boxes with them for years without issues.
    Same problem NFOServers doesn't solves our issues too.

My TeamSpeak is currently run on an OVH gameserver dedi for their anti-ddos, we currently are targeted between 1-20 times at any day. On a bad day, this can be over 20 individual attacks, they rarely have any affect due to the anti-ddos OVH has and I would recommend it, although it is expensive.

Have you tried filleting with the firewall settings? John has always been on top of attacks. What issues were you having that they couldn't help you with??

I've tried everything, also did John, the main problem is what I said in the begining, we're dealing with attackers that are 24x7 trying to bypass these system and cause us issues, in one single day, John had to face 8 different types of attacks and he ended up saying he couldn't solve it because of the complexity, the same result happened to other companies as well, in fact Teamspeak have to implement something to help these companies providing a better service, this is a common affirmation between all these hosts.

Lets hope a teamspeak developer read this thread and take some productive measure to help us on this...

@dante696
    Last edited by MaxDev; August 14th, 2016 at 03:36 PM.

Lightbulb Suggestion how TS3 can protect against DDoS

Hello, i've got a website running, with cloudflare. And that has removed all the DDoS i got on my site before.
    But on TS3, there's no support for using cloudflare.
    I recommend a way to add eather cloudflare or any other anti DDoS services.
    Because the server i'm on get's DDoSed daily.
    Currently there's around 60 - 80 people on the server daily and it's max is 512.
    Last edited by dante696; August 23rd, 2016 at 07:37 AM. Reason: merged

I don't think they will help:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...mspeak-Servers

We are by ourselves basically, the only option is maybe going to Discord...

Thread Information