Forum

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    I can pretty much say there will be no news about TS5 at GamesCom since TS3 3.3.5 and still in alpha as well as TS5

sounds more like an assumption

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon34 View Post
    I can pretty much say there will be no news about TS5 at GamesCom since TS3 3.3.5 and still in alpha as well as TS5
    What do you base this off of? Did you go to their booth and tell you that?

I wanna request everybody who visit gamescom2019 please update us with any information you received in the event regarding ts5 :P

I'm now trying to bring some light into the dark.
    A friend of mine was at gamescom today and stopped by at teamspeak.

There have been 6 tablets where you could enter a raffle by typing in your email and if you lost you may have been granted a second chance by picking a random paper out of a bucket. As a price you had the chance to win a laptop but mainly TS-merch.
    Furthermore, there was a small box which houses 6 staff-members and the big "Soon" written on the back wall.

Trying to gather some informations about the "soon" my friend reported that the staff either had no clue itself or was trying to block. The only informations he could gather is that they're trying to start this year but cannot make any promises or guarantees at all.

If only Teamspeak was as cool as they were 5 yrs ago....

https://youtu.be/6i5MxrvbLCc - click link to watch, owner disabled on websites.

If there really is no TS5 at the gamescom panel, then who cares about Teamspeak at gamescom? nobody cares THAT much about badges... If you knew you cannot show anything there then just tell people before hand, you will seriously disappoint the community again...

It's Gamescom, many devs are handing out sneak peaks and videos and screens, interviews, and Teamspeak will remain silent? Like I've said before unless they have some secret technology that will blow discord away we get it, but you are currently playing catch up and have already lost so many users by waiting so long, they REALLY need to take this opportunity on Wed. and display TS5 already, you paid to set up Teamspeak there why not take advantage of that advertising, nobody is going to get excited for badges aside from the rare badge collectors, everyone wants to see Teamspeak 5

I really really hope come 10am we get to start seeing TS5 in action...

If its another gamescom without proper information il be canceling the sponsorship with Teamspeak end of this month.

With the failed promises, no proper updates and useless teasing they've done its tough to trust a company. Even if they come with TS5 i'm worried its gonna be another long long wait for next features and updates. Its just not worth it most likely. Teamspeak has been king for a long time on this market and it made them stop developing since they're already at the top. Now its pretty much starting to cost them their company.

I don't like discord for many reasons but if 99% of the customers move to Discord then you cannot stay behind. You have to go where the market is and what your client base wants. I fear Teamspeak its days are done, simply cause the majority has moved on. It leaves us few fans with no choice but move along or go down with Teamspeak.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricenl View Post
    If its another gamescom without proper information il be canceling the sponsorship with Teamspeak end of this month.

With the failed promises, no proper updates and useless teasing they've done its tough to trust a company. Even if they come with TS5 i'm worried its gonna be another long long wait for next features and updates. Its just not worth it most likely. Teamspeak has been king for a long time on this market and it made them stop developing since they're already at the top. Now its pretty much starting to cost them their company.

I don't like discord for many reasons but if 99% of the customers move to Discord then you cannot stay behind. You have to go where the market is and what your client base wants. I fear Teamspeak its days are done, simply cause the majority has moved on. It leaves us few fans with no choice but move along or go down with Teamspeak.
    Same boat we are in.

Their doors should be open right now, maybe someone can finally let us know if TS5 is there or not. If not, then I feel like they purposely knew they had nothing at gamescom and gave out these tiny “hints” making ppl think it might be there as their only way for hype for ppl to actually show up...
    Last edited by Trunkz Jr; August 21st, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

I've got many many informations. I'll be making the post later in which i sum up all the informations. For now you should know: they wanted to release ts5 on the gamescom, but they told me thay they sre currently in the last stage of the development. They are testing heavy loads on ts5. It should be ready in around 2-3 weeks if the tests are Successful. Else it will take another 2 months or so.
    As i said i will be making the more detailed post when im home, im currently still on the gamescom

Quote Originally Posted by MrDariusAD View Post
    I've got many many informations. I'll be making the post later in which i sum up all the informations. For now you should know: they wanted to release ts5 on the gamescom, but they told me thay they sre currently in the last stage of the development. They are testing heavy loads on ts5. It should be ready in around 2-3 weeks if the tests are Successful. Else it will take another 2 months or so.
    As i said i will be making the more detailed post when im home, im currently still on the gamescom
    Thanks, very cool!

This is some good news I would have been delighted to hear about ts getting released even after 2 months but they must give us a date. Waiting for your detailed post :P

When you say you have more info, is this in regards to new information about TS5 or simply info about it not being around?

they wanted to release ts5 on the gamescom, but they told me thay they sre currently in the last stage of the development. They are testing heavy loads on ts5. It should be ready in around 2-3 weeks if the tests are Successful. Else it will take another 2 months or so.
    In my computer science studies many years ago, the lecturer told about the "Law 90/10 of software development". If you think your project is 90% finished, it is actually only 10% finished. This means, the remaining 10% will take the same amount of time as the finished 90%.

About 1.5 years ago, Teamspeak thought the new client will be finished 0.5 years after the announcement. I assume it will not make it this year, which makes perhaps 2 years in the end as a whole, which would be a reasonable development time for a complete re-engineering of a medium scoped app like the Teamspeak client for a tiny group of developers like Teamspeak.

Don't believe a word spoken by marketing. They ceased speaking, which is a good thing, if there isn't anything to tell about.
    See what a company actually delivered. Nothing exists until a company has it actually delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    In my computer science studies many years ago, the lecturer told about the "Law 90/10 of software development". If you think your project is 90% finished, it is actually only 10% finished. This means, the remaining 10% will take the same amount of time as the finished 90%.

About 1.5 years ago, Teamspeak thought the new client will be finished 0.5 years after the announcement. I assume it will not make it this year, which makes perhaps 2 years in the end as a whole, which would be a reasonable development time for a complete re-engineering of a medium scoped app like the Teamspeak client for a tiny group of developers like Teamspeak.

Don't believe a word spoken by marketing. They ceased speaking, which is a good thing, if there isn't anything to tell about.
    See what a company actually delivered. Nothing exists until a company has it actually delivered.

TL;DR

#ValveTime

Thread Information