Forum

My Microphone volume seems to reset every time I open Teamspeak

Okay, so this has just started happening recently, but every time I open Teamspeak, my microphone becomes extremely quiet and my guild-mates can no longer hear me. I have checked every setting possible that might be affecting this, but I simply cannot find an answer.

I have windows set to not do anything when communications happens, my microphone is boosted (which seems to be what TS is changing), I haven't allowed applications to take exclusive control of my mic and automatic voice game control isn't enabled in TS.

What I think is happening is that TS is somehow messing with my microphone boost level in sound settings, without changing the slider value, because to fix the issue, I generally just move the slider for boost up to 30 dB then back down to 20 dB and it works until I close TS.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a permanent fix?

My guess -> Your microphone is quiet in general and it always takes a while for AGC till volume got corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintry View Post
    What I think is happening is that TS is somehow messing with my microphone boost level
    No, we do not touch any microphone settings.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

If you're using the Windows 10 1903 update, it could be their mixer feature that gives you some trouble. Try to set your mic as default for TeamSpeak und check if the levels are correct there...

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    My guess -> Your microphone is quiet in general and it always takes a while for AGC till volume got corrected.

No, we do not touch any microphone settings.

So why is it only happening when Teamspeak starts? the volume is absolutely fine before I open TS and I listen to the microphone, then as soon as I open TS and listen again, it drops considerably and then I have to mess with the boost levels to fix it. It suppresses when TS starts.

Thread Information