Okay, so I've reached the point where I'm ready to pull my hair out over a bug in our plugin that other clients occasionally experience but I cannot replicate on my own machine. This bug causes a crash, so it is somewhat important to fix, but I can't seem to debug properly.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, when I open the memory dump files I can see the exception code, but I can't get visual studio to tie it to the source code. I've tried linking the symbols files for Qt, and my plugin build, but to no avail. So I am getting almost no details about what the exception pertains to specifically in the code and with no way to replicate it in TS itself, I am at a loss for how to correct the issue.

Can someone please explain to me how exactly you go about properly debugging your plugin, via the memory dump files TeamSpeak spits out on a crash, in Visual Studio; or at least point me to somewhere that I can read more about it. It would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know how but at one point before we started using Qt I remember checking a memory dump file from a crash and it made it very easy to identify the exact location in the code that the crash occurred, but I have no clue how I did that then or why it doesn't work now.