Forum

Correct ID of Identity

Hello, i notice that the ID that i can copy from the permissions list is most short than the file i export from identity list for make the backup, i mean when i open the .ini file with block notes.
    Well there i have very long ID but in ts permission list i got only short "version".
    Its some way there for have the long ID by the short ID?

ID & the Identity are 2 different things.

The Client ID is used for current connection.
    The Client Database ID (the one you see in permissions) is the one where your client is stored under in your database. It depends on how many other such DB Ids did exist when user joined the first time.
    The Identity is used to identify the client on your server and to assign him right permissions again as an example.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    ID & the Identity are 2 different things.

The Client ID is used for current connection.
    The Client Database ID (the one you see in permissions) is the one where your client is stored under in your database. It depends on how many other such DB Ids did exist when user joined the first time.
    The Identity is used to identify the client on your server and to assign him right permissions again as an example.
    I need this for help a friend that have accidentally delete the main identity used for connect in any ts. I have his unique ID that i got by permissions list on my teamspeak, with this one i can got the ID that i need for paste it on .ini file for then import it on Identities window?

The ID or UID you see in the server won't help.

Only when you friend has a local backup or exported his identity in the past will get it back.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information