Forum

Channel Admin: Custom CA group doesn't inherit on new channel creation; defaults toCA

I have created a custom channel admin group. We're going to call it "BobsCA" for reference here.

When I give a user BobsCA in a channel it will inherit down as intended on the existing sub channels below. Good!

However; when a user with BobsCA creates a new sub channel them selves; it defaults their channel group to the standard "Channel Admin" group instead of giving them BobsCA.

Is there any way around this?

When a user creates a new sub channel, he gets his default Channel-Admin Group from the server settings and that prevent them from receiving their inherited Channelgroup.
    You have to remove the group by yourself or give them the rights to do it on their own (i_group_member_needed_remove_power and i_group_member_remove_power should be equal).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pepps View Post
    When a user creates a new sub channel, he gets his default Channel-Admin Group from the server settings and that prevent them from receiving their inherited Channelgroup.
    You have to remove the group by yourself or give them the rights to do it on their own (i_group_member_needed_remove_power and i_group_member_remove_power should be equal).
    Yeah; exactly what I wanted to avoid. Bugger. Really hoped there was a better way around this.

Thread Information