Forum

[TS5-Beta] Audio issue information collection and discussion

Hi.

I've been testing the TS5 beta with some friends of mine and all in all I'm really looking forward to the new client and its new features.
    However, there is one persistent issue that all of us were able to replicate, there seems to be an issue with the audio quality in the beta. The audio can be described as more muffled compared to TS3. I didn't see a detailed mention about this issue on the forums so I thought I'd create a thread for the discussion of this bug, if it even is a bug and not our imagination.

Some details about the issue:
    • Seems only to affect outgoing audio.
    • Tests were done in a channel with opus music at the quality 10 setting.
    • Server version is 3.9.1 for Linux running in docker with the official teamspeak image (latest).
    • We are all relatively close to the server, the highest measured ping was 15ms with no observed packet loss.
    • TS3 client version was 3.5.0Beta, TS5 client version was beta8, both on Windows 10.
    • The perceived muffling from TS5 clients did vary but was always worse compared to TS3.

So ive recived a Beta Key today, but my friends can bearly hear me with the ts5 beta. ts3 works fine. i own a yamaha mx12xu with a shure sm7b and changed no settings at it. i turned off every noice reduction and cancellation.

The second problem is, if i speak, all others get extremly quiet and i cant hear them.

someone got any suggestions?

Can confirm. Compared to TS3 microphone volume is way lower

Yes, TeamSpeak 5 have slightly worse audio quality than any TeamSpeak 3 version, because of Voice Activity Detection (VAD) on any Mode (Auto/VolGate/Hybrid). But when Noise Reduction is enabled, audio quality is much worse as always in any TeamSpeak version, it is normal.
    Noise Reduction always have been for people with poor microphones that sound suck, and it does great job, its helping with a noisy background and 50/60hz noise from electronics. The good thing was add a levels of strength.

The volume is fine for me. I always have +6dB on every TeamSpeak I have used because in TeamSpeak 3, the old automatic gain control has significantly reduced volume in the past. Now it's done in Playback side so personally is much better way to have all people on the same volume level (in 3.5.0 or 5.0.0-beta of course).

Maybe VAD can still be improved and it will sound just as good as it is turned off.

Important: Always test on Opus Music and 10 quality setting!

Thread Information