Forum

Claim a server Nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This thread is for discussion and feedback for the 3.1.6 release of the TeamSpeak Client.
    Please see the announcement for changelog / features.
    Hello, I want to tell you that it is a wonderful update!
    Everybody can get benefit from it!
    There is a one big problem!
    Some people going to take and register another famous names to their servers, if they know before the owners of these servers!
    or they took the name of a new company that they does not have a ts3 server yet! so that is the problem!
    Is there a way to report like theses issue?

Have fun and don't forget to eat breakfast :*
    Last edited by dante696; August 18th, 2017 at 01:31 PM. Reason: thread moved out of client release thread. this is not a client topic

Thank you for that feedback.
    Companies, Hosts, Product, Name owner can contact us via ticket system in case they own the name that has been used somewhere else.
    Click me to get to a detailed How to "report an issue with Server Nicknames"

Already ate my breakfast 8 hours ago but thanks for that hint.
    Last edited by dante696; August 18th, 2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: thread moved out of client release thread. this is not a client topic
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hello Dante,

As you have stated above companies and individuals with branded names should be able to request a removal if it was registered by someone else to profit from it.
    We already contacted the support via the support system but we only got a standarized answer back. I don't think this system was intended to allow such a behaviour.
    It would be nice if you could check the ticket (RVE-459-59680) for a better understanding. We are kinda disappointed getting treated like that as a long time customer.

Best regards
    NoTeefy
    Last edited by dante696; August 18th, 2017 at 01:31 PM. Reason: thread moved out of client release thread. this is not a client topic

I saw the ticket and your 2 reports. You will get an answer in your ticket within the next hour.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Cool

Hello!
    I'm pretty sure you are going to "kill me" for this report but...I can't stop thinking about it.
    Let's start.
    Today I added 5 (five) Server Nicknames on my TeamSpeak account. When I tried adding one more, an error message showed up:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-09-01 (2).png 
Views:	91 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	15964

It clearly says: "Max amount of server nicknames is: 5!"
    Now let's evaluate "5!"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-09-01 (3).png 
Views:	65 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	15965

Then...why can't I add server nicknames up to the limit shown in the message box?!
    Thanks!

I hope you enjoyed this report.
    Otherwise I'm sorry if I made you angry!

It's a sentence ending with “!“ and not a mathematical formula.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    It's a sentence ending with “!“ and not a mathematical formula.
    Typical Dante.. always taking the candies away from us...

Nickname beanspruchen/Claim Nickname

Hallo,
    ich habe eine Frage bezüglich der rechtmäßigen Verwendung von Server-Nicknames.
    Ich habe einen Teamspeak mit der Domain "Tech-gaminglounge.[no ads]" erstellt und wollte ihm den Nickname "tech-gaminglounge" zuweisen. Der entsprechende Nickname, wurde jedoch nach der Erstellung des Teamspeak-Server von einem anderen (Konkurenz)Teamspeak gesichert. Besteht eine Möglichkeit den Nicknamen in einem solchen Fall für sich zu beanspruchen?

Hi,
    I have a question regarding the legitimate use of server nicknames.
    I created a Teamspeak with the domain "Tech-gaminglounge. [No ads]" and wanted to give it the nickname "tech-gaminglounge". The corresponding nickname, however, was saved by another (competition) teamspeak after the Teamspeak server was created. Is there a way to claim the nickname in such a case?
    Last edited by dante696; November 24th, 2019 at 12:04 PM. Reason: merged

Hi

Wenn der gewünschte Nickname auf dieser Seite schon benutzt ist, kannst du ihn nicht bekommen. Falls lange niemand mehr diesen Server Nickname verwendet, wird er automatisch gelöscht und d.h., dass man sich diesen Nickname wieder claimen kann.

Andererseits musst du den Server Administrator drum bitten, dass er den gewünschten Nickname löschen kann... einfach so, damit du ihn verwenden kannst.

Anders gehts nicht.
    Last edited by MCG; November 24th, 2019 at 07:13 PM. Reason: +added link

Quote Originally Posted by MCG View Post
    Hi

Wenn der gewünschte Nickname auf dieser Seite schon benutzt ist, kannst du ihn nicht bekommen. Falls lange niemand mehr diesen Server Nickname verwendet, wird er automatisch gelöscht und d.h., dass man sich diesen Nickname wieder claimen kann.

Andererseits musst du den Server Administrator drum bitten, dass er den gewünschten Nickname löschen kann... einfach so, damit du ihn verwenden kannst.

Anders gehts nicht.
    Falsch...... Siehe Post 2.
    Ist ein Name rechtlich geschützt, sind wir verpflichtet bei Nachweis dieses geschützen Namen zu übertragen.

Thread Information