Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Server side messages

Hi there,

Before I begin, I would like to thank a lot Teamspeak Team for great work they do.

It will be good if all the messages written in the server channels are stored in the database. This will give a lot of possibilities to the developers.

For the moment, I think messages are only stored in client side.

This won't happen and has nothing to do with TS5 at all (removed T5 Beta from title).
    Anyone who was involved in a chat only should get the messages and be able to store these. Anyone else should not and respect privacy of the others.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by guillian77 View Post
    Hi there,

Before I begin, I would like to thank a lot Teamspeak Team for great work they do.

It will be good if all the messages written in the server channels are stored in the database. This will give a lot of possibilities to the developers.

For the moment, I think messages are only stored in client side.
    Mate this is TeamSpeak and not some company that sells all your data and does not respect your privacy! This is why people use TeamSpeak and also a reason why it got so popular! If they would add such a server stored chat where the owner could read what the users wrote all of their loyal users which probably keep them alive at this time would leave and TeamSpeak would vanish very fast.

I think OPs idea was that you have some permanent chat. There is no need for all channels to retain the chat log, but for some it might be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by guillian77 View Post
    It will be good if all the messages written in the server channels are stored in the database.
    Quote Originally Posted by fspower View Post
    I think OPs idea was that you have some permanent chat. There is no need for all channels to retain the chat log, but for some it might be worth it.
    He clearly said that he wants all messages written in channel chats logged on the server. This is a huge privacy issue imo! When Iīm in a channel with specific friends and we send us some shit I donīt want that logged on the server.
    The idea to have extra channels that you canīt join and only write that are permanent is a whole other thing which would be cool, but not all channel chats that are used for voice and to send messages only to the people inside them.

I support the idea of a permanent chat.
    How does TeamSpeak want to stay competitive with Discord without such a feature?
    You could symbolize it by an icon whether the channel has a permanent chat or not which does not affect the privacy,
    but offers a permanent chat process, which is synchronized for everyone on every device (smartphone, computer).
    The permenent chat could be defined via checkbox in the channel settings.
    I consider this to be one of the most important functions that the new TS or the server should support.

[Suggestion] We need Chat Channels on TS5

Hi,

We all love teamspeak. Recently TS5 beta version was released. A lot more was expected from TS5 and the most important feature was the chat based channel. Teamspeak did bring up a global chat feature but its not a channel chat feature and its not associated with the server at all. I have created a petition on change.org so TS developers can finally add this crucial feature in the upcoming beta/public versions of TS5.

Change.org petition link: http://chng.it/SHHrtVvq

I am hereby kindly requesting all members to show their support on this petition so Teamspeak developers can finally notice the public demand and requirements of a modern VOIP.

Thank you.
    Last edited by dante696; December 12th, 2019 at 11:53 PM. Reason: merged after first reply to my post. it's the topic we have in forum already.

We did not remove the channel chat and a chat based channel is still possible.
    Just moderate the channel and disallow that user can request Talk Power in that channel. You are welcome.

Ps this has nothing to do with TS5.
    Would be a server feature where client need to understand the feature.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I know the chat based channel is still possible but its not working the way a global chat works. You have to be online in that channel to receive a message. We are talking about a chat channel somewhat similar to global chat system, the only difference would be that it will be linked to the server and everyone who joins it will remain a part of it as simmple as that.

I think you know what I am pointing at dante (we need a chat channel similar to a steam group chat or a discord server chat where all candidates can see the stuff even when they are offline.)

Now i know and understand what you mean.

I merged the thread into an existing discussion about it.

Thread Information