Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Discussion] TeamSpeak Server 3.11.0 Beta

You have Feedback for this server release?
    Tell us what you think or which problems you have with it.

The changelog and Download is available in our Release Thread
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You have Feedback for this server release?
    Tell us what you think or which problems you have with it.

The changelog and Download is available in our Release Thread
    The fact that pre-releases are kept for a month before official launch is a bit scary tbh, if this is the rate we will get updates at, then we might be here a while before we see anything substantial, be that with TeamSpeak 5 and the features it too may bring to the server or the server itself.

Nothing in this server is breaking to the point it needs a month of testing, in fact the server lags has been a thing for many versions prior and should have apparently been fixed ages ago.

Starting with this release we want to move the server to a bimonthly release schedule. While i can not guaranty that we are going to keep to this schedule, i am optimistic that we will. As part of this schedule, we also decided to always have a month long beta phase.

You are right that this version does not have many changes. The reason is that a major feature we wanted to add to the server unfortunately needed more time in the oven, and thus was removed from this release, but that just means that the next release will be bigger instead.

Quote Originally Posted by mmuenchow View Post
    You are right that this version does not have many changes. The reason is that a major feature we wanted to add to the server unfortunately needed more time in the oven, and thus was removed from this release, but that just means that the next release will be bigger instead.
    If the updates will be more substantial than just bugfixes, then that will be understandable.
    It is not, however, appriopriate to fix a few bugs and announce a whole new version with a months wait - that's the point I am trying to get at.

The problem with a bimonthly schedule is that bug fixes and small changes and tweaks should be released as and when produced - otherwise we have to wait another month before running these in production and then wait a further 2 before the issue may be finally fixed if a given update does not fully solve the problem (as has already been the case previously, even with the lags upon deletion of channels etc.).

I say in production, because my understanding is that running these pre-releases in a live environment is not supported.
    So we often have no other choice but to wait.

We are talking about very hypothetical situations here, so i can not answer you directly, simply because we decide such things on a case by case basis. What i can tell you is, that we will do out of schedule releases for pressing issues. We did this before, and we will so in the future.

Hi,

I dont really now if this is a problem that belongs directly to Teamspeak. It could also be some kind of problem with YATQA but I noticed that in this version my admin Query client isn't disconnecting sometimes
    Name:  RuYlaoMpJk.png
Views: 3298
Size:  50.2 KB

YATQA sends a space at the end of it's commands. That space breaks everything.
    We will fix that.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Beta 2 with mentioned fix is available.

Download 3.11.0 Beta 2

Could you please fix the degraded performance on big servers as a priority? Its ridiculous that me deleting a channel with 5 subchannels was able to drop 250 users on our server. Utterly ridiculous is also the fact that this drop in performance has happened when nothing major has been added.

Saying this from a 3.10.2 perspective, but we've been promised "improvements" for quite some time and nothing has changed.

hmmmmmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We also try solve the problem where server starts lagging or user timeout on channel or group creation/edit etc. We hope this versions runs better now.

Code:
    ## Server Release 3.11.0 15 January 2020

### Changed
    - Because of degraded performance on larger servers, the new hint system has been disabled per default.
    - Made further improvements to timeout and latency handling for larger servers.

The fact you use "hope" in these announcements is ironic. Because if it doesnt then we have another month of waiting before anything happens and I am not using beta builds on purpose to avoid any mishaps.

The choice of the word "hope" is meant to be positive.
    We already have positive feedback for this beta from hosts with these performance problems.

In the Changelog it says 15 Januar 2020.
    Is this the planned releasedate or just a mistake?

No mistake. Why should this be a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantoflarz View Post
    Could you please fix the degraded performance on big servers as a priority? Its ridiculous that me deleting a channel with 5 subchannels was able to drop 250 users on our server. Utterly ridiculous is also the fact that this drop in performance has happened when nothing major has been added.

Saying this from a 3.10.2 perspective, but we've been promised "improvements" for quite some time and nothing has changed.
    BTW If you starting the server with a startup parameter, you can running the server with out any problem on 3.10.2. I've been using this version for weeks

Thread Information