Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[HELP] Add clients that have never connected to your server to groups, possible?

I run a ts3 server and have recently, and very unfortunately, had some data lost on my personal pc that long story short lead to the deletion of the ssh key that I had recently changed and not backed up yet, losing access to the server.

The server is still up and running (for now...) and I have full access/permissions to it through teamspeak, just am not able to get access to the backend. This is obviously a big issue as I can't backup the server, update the server, ext and will be SOL if the server ever crashes, ext.

My most recent backup is missing a large amount of new clients that have since connected to the server, and I would like to add them to server groups so that when they connect to the new server it will be as seamless as possible and they will already have all the server groups that they have on the most recent version. However, when trying to do it within teamspeak (Server Groups>add>paste clients unique ID) it says "Your requested ID was not found on this server! Would you like to create an invitation instead?" and does not allow me to add it to said server group.

Is there a way to manually add a client to a server they have not yet connected to(using their unique IDs)? Through the teamspeak client, serveryquerry, or through editing the server files directly? Any solution would work even if it would be tedious on my end.

I know that the first time a new user connects to a server; his client will automatically send his public key to the server. The virtual server creates a unique identifier from this public key and stores this identifier in its database. So essentially I'm at the mercy of if the unique ID saved by the server alone would be enough to create said identity on a new server w/o issue.

Thank you for any help, whether a solution or just letting me know it's impossible (but please only do so if you're sure)

Quote Originally Posted by Travy View Post
    I run a ts3 server and have recently, and very unfortunately, had some data lost on my personal pc that long story short lead to the deletion of the ssh key that I had recently changed and not backed up yet, losing access to the server.

The server is still up and running (for now...) and I have full access/permissions to it through teamspeak, just am not able to get access to the backend. This is obviously a big issue as I can't backup the server, update the server, ext and will be SOL if the server ever crashes, ext.

My most recent backup is missing a large amount of new clients that have since connected to the server, and I would like to add them to server groups so that when they connect to the new server it will be as seamless as possible and they will already have all the server groups that they have on the most recent version. However, when trying to do it within teamspeak (Server Groups>add>paste clients unique ID) it says "Your requested ID was not found on this server! Would you like to create an invitation instead?" and does not allow me to add it to said server group.

Is there a way to manually add a client to a server they have not yet connected to(using their unique IDs)? Through the teamspeak client, serveryquerry, or through editing the server files directly? Any solution would work even if it would be tedious on my end.

I know that the first time a new user connects to a server; his client will automatically send his public key to the server. The virtual server creates a unique identifier from this public key and stores this identifier in its database. So essentially I'm at the mercy of if the unique ID saved by the server alone would be enough to create said identity on a new server w/o issue.

Thank you for any help, whether a solution or just letting me know it's impossible (but please only do so if you're sure)
    Hello it is impossible to add a user in a group if this one has never connected cordially

It would be possible by directly editing the database but I strongly not recommend you to do so. First you would have to add it into the client list and then you should be able to add the UID from teamspeak like you tried.

Does the site hosting the server not have a "Console" login option through a website portal? That login should be considered local by the server and not require a key as is required by the ssh connection, then you should be able to update the settings to not need the key for a moment to allow creating and linking a new key. Or at the very least allow you to stop, backup and upload the server to a new location. If you are intent on moving still.

Thread Information