Forum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    The only way that the program says socket error 11004 or something is when you have a IP and you type it in. You forget the colon.

Example: 123.456.789.123.8767

Correct Example: 123.456.789.123:8767

You have to put in the colon for it to work. Or it will go "nucking futs" and just say, "SOCKET ERROR #11004!" or something.

I happen to know a lot about Teamspeak. Just that this new Telnet program that is out and I do not understand it.

Happy chatting!

reply to socket error 11004

i dont use the browser name or server name i try putting in the ip addy and i get the socket error but what i am mostly confused about is i have ts on 2 other computers on the same network that work just fine but now when i put ts on a third computer it gives me the socket error 11004

any suggestions on why this is occuring please let me know
    thanx
    kamakaze

socket error 11004

Does having pop blockers on and running norton's effect in anyway being not able to use teamspeak? I am very new to this so sorry if it sounds silly.

meAtwAd you genius

My AA clan just got new TS server and ever since I've gotten the 11004 socket error thing. I've read a ton of these forums and could never get the problem worked out. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

One thing tho, I never used the colon on our old server and clan members tried to help and always used all dots, no colons. So why do I suddenly have to use it when apparently noone else does?

Thanks again

Im still getting a Socket Error # 11004

can u guys ping this tk.thetainted.net it doesnt work for me also i ned the port #. their website is thetainted.net and it tells u the ts info there but i cant get it to work ssome reason!
    Last edited by poofy; September 26th, 2005 at 04:49 PM.

Getting the Error too

I tried downloading The Client yesterday and Cant get on either due to the socket error 11004. I followed the instructions listed here http://www.gmans.net/ibn_TS_Reg_Instructions.htm

But still get the error, I email the admin to see what I could do and he responded that the server was down, I emailed him back a few times explaining that I still cant get on.

I use this as my server address www.incidentbroadcast.com:8767

I still havent heard (A day later from the administration) about what I shoul do. Im using XP Home and Disbaled my firewall and anti-virus firwall for this.

Im starting to think that it may not be capatable to XP.

Even when i put in a ip address and not a website name ... i still get socket error >_>

Well you should had a Teamspeak Crew there to help.
    Hey dude, STOP spamming this forum!

I got this Error just a moment ago when conecting to the teamspeak on my LAN.

I discovered I typed the address in incorrect (Domain name not IP) and I typed it in correct bingo, I am wondering if this could be a common cause.
    People that get it when using IP's to connect shouldn't get it because of that because it would try to connect to a different location but could it come up when you put the wrong address in?

Good afternoon.

Currently I am also getting the 11001 Error.

I figure it is definatley some sort of improper IPS information. I have 2 different TS servers I hook up to for different guilds. One I still can log on to while the other gives me this error.

The odd thing is nothing changed on my comp. What I DID change was going from dial up to cable.

I do not have an external Fire Wall (Which my guildies have informed me I am an idiot for not having) Standard windows XP and MacAffee Anti Virus.

I have checked and it is an "allowed" program in each of those.

I did use the web address at first until I read this thread. I have now changed it to the IP # and I can reach the server, however I do not have a "socket Numer" as I see many people here talking about.

My question is, what is a socket number? Is there a "standard number" that TS uses? If not how would one figure out the socket number on their own or do I need to get in touch with the person who hosts the server?

Thank you kindly for reading and replying.

Regards.

I can't seem to get this to work..

When I try the "Quick Connect", and inputed the server name provided me for the application I wanted, I got a "socket error #11004".

When I tried the normal "Connect", to the server list, and hit the "update list", with the filters set to pick up anything and everything, I got zero hits..

I can see not being able to see a specific server, but shouldn't I get hits for all the other servers??

Thanks

I want to say THANKS to meAtwAd for fixing my 11004 problem with simple one push of a key, the : key. Now me and my machine are not going nucking futs. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by meAtwAd View Post
    The only way that the program says socket error 11004 or something is when you have a IP and you type it in. You forget the colon.

Example: 123.456.789.123.8767

Correct Example: 123.456.789.123:8767

You have to put in the colon for it to work. Or it will go "nucking futs" and just say, "SOCKET ERROR #11004!" or something.

I happen to know a lot about Teamspeak. Just that this new Telnet program that is out and I do not understand it.

Happy chatting!
    This is also for an adress which ends with 6081?
    I get the socket error only on our own rented remote server,, server support says it's my system (though I can join any TS server other then that one) and i say it's the server.
    Will try the : thingy tonight and see what it does, maybe I've been abit stupid.....

Thumbs up Some Help

Ok guys, i was like you all unsure of what to do after receiving the Socket Error 11004.
    Try this simple method if you can. when you open TS go to connection then to connect and to the web server list tab. find the server that you are looking for (if you can) and then go in to it from there.
    You will be a guest if you get in but all you have to do is register with the server which is easy(at the top under "self").

Then when you have entered all your information disconnect and once again go under connection but now when you click connect just from the webserver list press copy to local adressbook (when you have the server you want).
    then go to Local Addressbook and the information will be there.
    Next just under nickname, click the registered (tab) and type in your details.
    Click connect at the bottem and it should work!

I do not know any of the technical aspects of TS so plz dont badger me about how to do implicit detailed functions.
    This method worked for me and just try it out yourself!

Thread Information