Forum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Solution: Socket Error #11004 (maybe other preconnect timeouts)

i didnt see a solution to this one here so i thought i'd post it.

According to this technet article a Socket error #11004 is a DNS timeout issue, not an issue with the ts server itself.

the easy work around is to use the IP address in the server address field instead of the hostname.

so instead of using yourtsserver.com:8768, use 123.456.789.123:8768 (substituting the IP address of your ts server for the example).

I hope that helps.

EDITED by Guldi: => MERGED Threads (As this one contains a usefull link) !
    Thread was made sticky earlier.
    Last edited by guldi; October 14th, 2004 at 12:17 PM.

When you start your teamspeak client on your computer, click on "conection", then "quick connect".

Where it says "Server Address" instead if a regular url address such as www.swoop67.com:8768 <--- these last digits are your port numbers, you will need to replace the actuall address with the IP address so now it should read something like this.
    204.08.0.44:8768 the ip address you should know if you have hosted the TS server remotely, ask your hosting provider if your not sure what it is.
    Remember the ip address that i used is just made up, its only there to show you that there should be a group of four numbers sperated by full stops followed by the port number.

Hope that helps.

Socket Error (11001 / 11004)

when i try to connect, i get a socket error message. please help!

EDITED by Guldi: Made it sticky and changed subject to "Socket Error (11001 / 11004)"
    Last edited by guldi; July 7th, 2004 at 06:50 PM.

New Socket Error

I searched the socket error number like people suggested in other posts. I finally came across one person saying to put in server address 12345. Once i did that I got a whole new error message. Socket Error # 11001, Host not found. I searched this error message and found more posts on this. After reading them though, I still do not understand what it is that I have to do. Please help!! Thanks!

Exclamation How To Fix The "Error getting network address for

How To Fix The "Error getting network address for ".....". Cause: host not found (11001)"
    How To Fix The "Error getting network address for ".....". Cause: requested entry not found (11004)"

An 11001 error means that the name you provided for a server in the client connection cannot be resolved to an IP address because DNS entries for that host name cannot be found. Try using the appropriate (internal or external) IP address for the server in the client connection string instead of the name.

An 11004 error means that the name you provided for a server in the client connection cannot be resolved to an IP address because DNS entries for that host name cannot be found or connection cannot be resolved to an IP address because DNS entries for that host name are misconfigured (for example a CNAME record without an appropriate A record). Try using the appropriate (internal or external) IP address for the server in the client connection string instead of the name.

If you need help determining your external IP address, from the TS server, bring up a browser and go to http://www.myipaddressis.com/ which will, after a moment, tell you your external IP address.

If you need help determining your internal IP address, from the TS server, go to a command interpreter prompt (on WinNT/XP/2k3, select Start, Run and type CMD and select OK) and type in IPCONFIG (if running WinNT/XP/2k3) and press ENTER. You should see something similar to the following:

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : example.com
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.60
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254

which displays the IP address of this machine as being 192.168.1.60 which is the internal IP address.

Walkabout

wobbly Guest

socket error 11004 argh

i seem to be having the same troublke as you fellas,i keep getting this accursed socket error when i try to connect to my rented teamspeak server,i have looked for hours at stuff about dns and ports etc but can seem to find no answers in laymans terms i.e. delete this,type this etc.
    would be eternally grateful if anyone could assist me in this matter
    strange thing is i can connect to other teamspeak servers????
    wobbly

if anyone could assist me in this matter
    Don't think so cause the whole system is not that trivial. And as you don't state at which step of the process you're getting trouble, this would take quite some time (when do people learn to ask a good SPECIFIC question, NOT "help, I don't understand it *sigh*)
    However have you gone thorugh this thread ?

DunNa Guest
    Ok I am also having this problem.

Here is basicly what happens.
    I try to add a server to the list.
    I enter the ip for the server.
    I file in the rest of the stuff (names and such).
    Once all that is done I then try to connect to this server.
    I get this error warning for error #11004.

If this is not clear enough of whats going on or what I'm doing I'm sorry. I'm a n00b+2 when it comes to TS. I also have the most current version of TS and all that stuff.

m&m's Guest
    read the links in the posts above as well as this 1
    http://forum.goteamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=3599

SDDarkStalker Guest

How I fixed the #11004 error

This error seems to occur when you have a domain address such as ts2.teamspeak2server.com:8787 instead of an ip address like 123.456.789.0:8787 and I have had it happen with every address I tried, I think it may be something to do with my firewall blocking the TS2 client from accessing a DNS server so it cant resolve any domain names.

anyway the way to resolve this is to use the IP address of the server, to find this (in windows) run c:/windows/System32/cmd.exe (or type cmd into the run window). then enter 'ping <TSAddress>' where <TSAddress> is the address of your teamspeak server without the port (the :8787 part on the end).
    This will respond with something like...

Pinging <TSAddress> [IPAddress] with 32 bytes of data:

The [IPAddress] is the address you need to use to access teamspeak, just add the port back on to the end of the address.

And a quick example incase you dont quite understand that
    here I will use the fictional teamspeak server 'teamspeak.server.com:8888'

into the cmd window I'd enter:

ping teamspeak.server.com

and get the response:

pinging teamspeak.server.com [121.653.892.92] with 32 bytes of data:

then I'd use the address 121.653.892.92:8888 to connect to my teamspeak server instead of the teamspeak.server.com:8888 address and I wont get the #11004 error

Ok I hope that helps someone, sorry for the rambling explanation.

11004 problem

Hi there when i'm trying to connect to this server Ps-Ts.Net, PS/OUTFIT/Black Hawks (NC M) Channel i get the old socket error 11004, now i've tried all the solutions in the threads about it but i get no luck, even when i got into the cmd window and do the ping thing to find it's ip adress i get the message (ping request could not find host ps-ts.net,. please check name and try again.) if anyone could help me with this problem i would really appreciate it.

thanks

****** # ping ps-ts.net
    PING ps-ts.net (217.8.144.133) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from cD9089085.sdsl.catch.no (217.8.144.133): icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=78.7 ms
    64 bytes from cD9089085.sdsl.catch.no (217.8.144.133): icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=79.3 ms
    64 bytes from cD9089085.sdsl.catch.no (217.8.144.133): icmp_seq=3 ttl=51 time=76.6 ms
    64 bytes from cD9089085.sdsl.catch.no (217.8.144.133): icmp_seq=4 ttl=51 time=77.9 ms

Looks like your DNS server doen't knwo the route to this host ? You have to discuss this with your ISP

11004 error

a member of our clan had the same problem, when putting in the i.p he wasnt using : before the socket number at the end
    hope this helps

m&m's Guest
    any client trying to conect to a server off the default port :8767 has to enter the correct port # with the port # on end of ip like this
    68.128.256.100:8780 < made up ip the :8780 is that instance of server running on that pc and with out it you will not conect ! the port # can be any 4 numbers but has to be on end of ip with a : <--- between ip and port #

Thread Information