Forum

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    m running ona Belkin router, and im having serious problems. i just dont understand it one bit, and nothing i try works, plz i need to get this working,if anyone can give me some help.

Angry Same TS Server Problem with Netgear WGT624

I've got the same problem with my WGT624. I have setup static ip's and I have other port forwards setup that work just fine but I cannot get teamspeak server to work. My forwards are setup for both ports 8767 and 8768. It works with my internal IP but not via my WAN IP. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyBunny
    hi there,

I had been using a LinkSYS router with no problem but just changed to a Net Gear WGT624 today. I can connect to my TS server via internal IP but external IP wouldn;t work. I have put in the port forwarding for 8767 and 8768, plus the other ports suggested in here... but that doesn't work.

I am kinda out of options as NetGear support is no help. Hopefully someone used this product can point me to the bright side.

thanks

Unhappy US Robotics 9105 connection problem...

Sorry guys..

I have tried everything that I have read in both your forums, the US Robotics forums and anywhere else I can get my hands on !!!

I am struggling to get open ports on my router (US Robotics 9105)... I have used the 'virtual server option and tried just setting 8767 (UDP), then 8767 and 8768 (TCP), then 8767 and 8768, and 14534 and 51234 also on (TCP)... Still no joy.. Best I have got is 8768 showing 'closed' on shields up but 8767 is still stealthed

I realise I cannot us my other PC to log into the server as I am within my lan, but I do believe I can check the ports using 'shields up!?' ( https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=8768 ) correct me if I am wrong..

Okay answering your requests....

TeamSpeak version Server Version - 2.0.20.1
    Operation System + Service packs WIN XP PRO using Service pack 2
    Soundcard + Driver versions Realtek Ac '97 (Driver Ver: 5.10.0.5583)
    Game - Everquest II
    DirectX Version - 9.0c

What problem did you receive - Others cannot connect to my server

What did you do to resolve the problem? Nothing at present

and last but not least: Are you looking for a hot looking girl? - WHO ISN'T ! ! ?
    Last edited by Malgwin; February 16th, 2005 at 09:28 PM.

Router Issues after following ALL of the information posted

I have a Netgear FVS318 Prosafe VPN 8 port router. I followed all of the information provided. I have opened the 8767 UDP/TCP, 8768 TCP, 14534 TCP and 51234 TCP ports, as a new service, per the instructions given. I have forwarded the ports to the server computer I am trying to set-up. I have properly entered all of the information into the router software. I installed the Teamspeak 2 RC2 client first on my computer, followed by installing the Teamspeak 2 Server program on my computer. I have been able to easily assign all necessary passwords and re-access my TS Server. The TS Server shows error when anyone tries to connect, stating that it my not be in service. My IP addresses when viewed from the TS Server start menu/toolbar menu show both the WAN static IP address that I have, and the internal LAN ip address. What is strange is that the Teamspeak Client works fine on this computer, yet the Server shows no possibility of access. I can access the TS Server via the web with either Superadmin or admin logon. Any attempt to connect (after the TS Server has been actuated and turned on) from outside the LAN via a WAN connection, or within the same room through the router via LAN, shows the red error message and that the computer or server may not be online. This computer has a Windows 2000 Advanced Server operating system, but the Active Directory or Domain controller have yet to be set-up. Is there any setting in the operating system that will block the TS Server, yet allow the TS Client to gain access to other TS Servers online??? Please help, I have reached the end of my rope concerning getting the TS Server to operate.

help

hey, i have been following this post for a couple days, i have been having similiar problems i have microsoft mn-500 router and i tryed opening all the ports originally listed, but the port probe still says they are closed, any help on how to open these ports??!

Unhappy Heres one for you....

I was using my Windows 98 PC as a server with no problems whatsoever for months until I realized that it was conflicting with my playing Lineage 2 on my Windows XP Home PC. Both my Windows 98 PC and Windows XP PC are on the same router.

I decided to put my TS server on my WinXP PC so it would no longer cause conflicts within the network. I have 2 onboard LAN ports on my Winxp PC.

Heres the kicker..I put the proper ports forwarding in the router BUT..I have to use the WAN IP to connect to my TS server!!! I thought for sure I would have to use a LAN IP (192.168.1.100) but no it says the server is not there. My clan can SEE the Server on the list but they cant join it. I can even see my Server (Draconis Combine) on the server list when I do a search but I am the only one who can join it.

Please help if you can as I have read the forums and have yet to find one describing this issue.

there is a whats my ip link up the page, that gave me the accurate WAN IP...

Help, all my ports are closed

Problem fixed by some of the instructions

I found that with my older model netgear FVS318 router, that just going into the ports and changing the assignment of the lan ip of the computer I wanted to change the TS Server to, did not work. Although the ports to allow access were set properly. I did discover that by simply deleting the "service" in the router software, and deleting the assigned computer IP port assignment to the "service" in the router software, then by logging out, then re-installing the service, and re-assigning the port range, from the 8767 thru the largest one , FINALLY got the TS Server working (individual seperate port service assignments & settings did not work). What a real pain, but it worked. Obviously the "memory" of the router to previous assignments just did not want to give up the assigned tasks, unless it was deleted and entered again.

Thx for the replies..that makes some sense.

I just found a workaround as my clan decided to buy the TS server and pay monthly.

Angry Speedtouch 580

goodday to you all,
    I downloaded the serv version of teamspeak for my clan. The other clan member can't join my server and. I would like some help. ps my ip for accessing my router is 10.0.0.138. The server.log says everytime i try to update ip's he can't find the external ip/ Is this okay? Also port forwarding worked. but still they can't connect.

Windows XP Home Edition
    Speedtouch 580(i) via Speedtouch wireless usb adapter
    Last edited by Cyberzone; March 11th, 2005 at 07:28 PM.

Debug

Try putting your client into debug mode. Open the client. Go to settings, then options. Click on the other tab. At the bottom right hand corner check debug. Then OK. If this works, I believe that everyone that is going to connect to the server will have to do the same.(Could be wrong about that) It won't hurt nothing if this is the case. You will still be able to join other servers that you have been joining with no problems. Hope that this helps in some way.

My thing looks like this, where exactly would i put these numbers and all?

http://img87.exs.cx/img87/6840/port3xn.jpg
    http://img212.exs.cx/img212/4830/portf8mm.jpg
    http://img212.exs.cx/img212/2663/trigger0rc.jpg

Those are the ports i have running and still no luck, what do i have to change?
    Thanks!

Please help.
    Last edited by aFTeRLiFe; March 19th, 2005 at 10:03 AM.

iv been serching for an answer to my problem and still not found it so here it is,

i have 2 computers hooked up to my router one is old and im running a ts2 server on it the outher one is xp that i use my self, iv fworded the ports and set it all up correctly on the outher computer and i am able to access ts server with my xp computer using a local ip but when my friends try to connect it doesnt work for them, im assuming this is because i have 2 computers on the same router and it doesnt know whitch computer to connect to for ts, i tried editing the ini file and bounding my wan ip to it but that just made it so i and my friends couldnt connect with local or wan ip's

could any one help me with this one, heres some past info on it

my xp computer has been at my frinds for a wile and i set up the server on the old computer a wile ago whall it was the only one on the router at that time my friends were able to connect fine with the wan ip to the ts server, but as soon as i brote my computer home and hooked it up to the router, they werent able to connect to it.

If anyone here is stil having problems send me a pm and i'll try to help you.

If you just want to try helping yourself try this website

http://www.portforward.com

This will show you how to setup your router to trigger and or forward the port 8767. This site has MANY routers listed. If your router is not listed, I can still try to help by looking up the manual myself. What many of you may be forgetting is that you may have 2 firewalls running. If you have norton internet security and windows xp. You probably have 2 firewalls runing. Some firewalls have a really hard time after you set it to allow a certain program. Sometimes you have to reboot after you allow it through the firewall. And, obviously.. you need to setup your router to forward the port. If that website above helps you .. please consider donating.

2boxin--one works, one doesnt

Hi all. Im in a bit on a conundrum. I am running 2 Winxp machines behind a DLink router. One is a desktop and the other a laptop. In the past I had the laptop running WinME and was able to get the server working behind the router via the standard means, opening the 8767udp of 192.168.0.100 (which was the correct ip for the laptop at the time.)

I recently formatted the laptop and loaded winxp. I can no longer get TS to work on this machine. The local ip changed to 192.168.0.101 so I changed the setting in the router firewall but it still wouldnt work. I loaded the TS server onto my desktop and added the desktop ip and I TS works as it should on the desktop (after the appropriate changes to my norton firewall) but the TS server still will not work on the laptop. At this point I have 192.168.0.100 through 192.168.0.102 with 8767udp all set to allow but no luck. I tried to search through some windows security settings which I though might be blocking TS but I cant find any difference between the settings on the two machines. The laptop is NOT running any firewall so thats not it. I of course can connect to the laptop server from the desktop using the local IP but talking to myself gets kind boring so I've been trying to get the outside IP to work and it wont. Any suggestions?

Stompnog

Thread Information