Forum

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    m&m's Guest
    xp fire wall blocking ts ?

Could this help ? Found it into the FAQ section.

I am using Windows XP SP2.
    I have let the port thru the firewall, and and forwarded the ports thru the router. I can connect thru my internal IP, but when a friend attempts an external connection an error is received. (no response from server)

I have followed the advice in this thread, as well as various suggestions by other friends, but none of them seem to work.

Just a thought:
    Is it possible for an ISP to block certain ports? Maybe this is the problem some of us have getting this to work?

yeah i have a similar problem... When i look at My Ip's in the program icon, it only shows my LAN IP which is 192.168.1.117. But it doesnt show my External IP. I tried port forwarding like all different ways and still doesnt work. I looked in the server log and it said:
    Code:
    28-04-05 16:31:39,ERROR,All,frmMain,	unable to detect external ip
    Now i can login to my server and everything but no one else can see it public or connect when i give them my ip address (found using ipfinder sites). I dont know what the problem is!

Okay, this is getting very annoying, me and another person that i tried setting up with have the same darn problem, i read all the faqs, Opened all the ports, i know what a WAN & LAN IP is, i know how to do that stuff, But it still won't work

---------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------- log started at 04-05-05 03:02 -------------
    04-05-05 03:02:11,ALL,Info,server, Server init initialized
    04-05-05 03:02:11,ALL,Info,server, Server version: 2.0.20.1 Win32
    04-05-05 03:02:11,ALL,Info,server, Starting VirtualServer id:1 with port:8767
    04-05-05 03:02:11,ALL,Info,server, Server init finished
    04-05-05 03:02:25,ERROR,All,frmMain, unable to detect external ip
    04-05-05 03:24:19,ERROR,All,frmMain, unable to detect external ip
    04-05-05 03:26:43,ERROR,All,frmMain, unable to detect external ip
    04-05-05 03:31:56,ALL,Info,server, Server shutdown initialized
    04-05-05 03:31:58,ALL,Info,server, Server shutdown finished
    --------------- log ended at 04-05-05 03:31 --------------

Thats from the server log. I forwarded all 3 ports, so did my friend, i don't understand it... please someone help...

My Modem, IF you would like to check it out

System Type SpeedStream 5667-R:ENI
    Software Version R4.0.1 (35-std) Mar 12 2002 14:27:13
    System HW Version ENI5667 BSP v1.0.0.2 (ISOS 8.0)
    DSL Phy Description AME
    DSL Phy Version 3.6.72

To Tell you the truth, these faqs don't help me out either, and most of the people i see that have this problem all you say is "Update Firmware" and "it's your firewall", well i have no clue what firmware is so i'm clueless as to how this is not working if i forwarded the ports, i can't disable the firewall my isp forbids it and the DSL stops working if i do so.

Edit 2, okay the server shows up in the list, Public 0/16/ ect ect, shows the correct WAN IP also, the only thing that is running while i run the server is avast antivirus, please help.. There is also a wireless router hooked up, could it be that it needs ports opened as well?
    Last edited by StaticExtasy; May 4th, 2005 at 08:56 PM.

Question HELP Me Please I beg

Hi all,

Ok I am using a linksys g router and have done everything suggested. I have my ports open from 8766 to 8769 just to be sure and still no connection. Access to the admin pages is working but I can not connect via teamspeaks client. When Looking at the debug log I actually do not get any errors, just that the server is not running, even though it is.

I can run the server internally on my intranet within the comfines of my router, which suggests that the IP from the router is not being read by the server and used as default, allowing for external connection. Is there a way to hard wire the IP?

My Firewalls are off, except for the routers that is corrected by the open ports above. Any suggestions?

Damonie
    Last edited by Damonie; May 12th, 2005 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damonie
    Hi all,
    Ok I am using a linksys g router and have done everything suggested. I have my ports open from 8766 to 8769 just to be sure and still no connection. Access to the admin pages is working but I can not connect via teamspeaks client. When Looking at the debug log I actually do not get any errors, just thatthe server is not running, even though it is.
    My Firewalls are off, except for the routers that is corrected by the open ports above. Any suggestions?
    Damonie
    Your TS server is running in your LAN and you are using the LAN IP (and not the WAN IP as said in the FAQ) to connct to it ?
    Then you have most surely a firewall problem in your LAN.

Note: for LAN connections your router doesn't play any part in the connection attempt if you use, as said, only the LAN IP !

Hi,

I am sorry if I am bothering But I have read the FAQ's and found no help there with everything that I have done. I even switched routers to an older b and found the same problem.

When Looking at "My IP's" The system only shows the internal 192 ip as available but no external outside of that. I know that at this point I am probably complicating things myself by playing around with it.

There are no internal firewalls now working throught windows on my network and only the hardwire firewall on the router.

I love the product and will keep working on it.

Damonie

Ok, I ask you again ?

- server is in your own LAN ?
    - you can't connect to your local server or are you only talking about people from outside your LAN which can't conenct to your server ?
    - you only use the LAN IP to connect to your server or do you use for example the webserver list ?

One more:
    - can you connect to other TS servers such as the public servers ?

Concernign the "only shows internal IP" a FAQ thread exists so I won't go into this.

Question 1:

Quote Originally Posted by BSOD
    This had me stumped for days...

I haven't seen it posted elsewhere, so forgive if this is a double post...

I configured my router, and my firewall to let folks through using 8767 UDP, but nothing seemed to work...

I had 2 IP's listed from the teamSpeak server icon in the task bar... One is supposedly the local and the other the net IP, but neither worked for outside traffic.

Then, I went to www.whatismyip.com and found a THIRD IP that wasn't listed in the teamspeak server dropdown... I gave this IP to my friend, and he connected without issue.

good luck.
    -J
    Exactly the same problem except that when I use Whatsmyip i only get the WAN IP I had chosen for the local adress field during port forwarding. This IP adress and the other IP (that I suppose is my LAN IP: 192.168.2.2) are the only ones that I have in the "Your IP's" menu in the task bar .

Please help, what did I do wrong?

Here is a thread where maybe I explain in a better way my problem: http://forum.goteamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=22920

Question 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Barny
    Could this help ? Found it into the FAQ section.
    What is a primary adress (it's mentioned in this link) ?? Is it the same as the External IP Adress (the WAN IP) that my admin give me??

Thanks a lot for all the help that you could give me !

Cya .

Please help me .

Thanks a lot in advance .

Guldi: w all due respect I must say that in looking through all the questions and FAQs on the forums there seems to be a situation where TS2 doesnt allow for binding to a different IP than the detected ones (usually only the LAN-ip).

In short trying to use BoundtoIP= with Dyndns just produces errors like

"21-05-05 12:27:35,ERROR,All,SERVER, VirtualServer startup failed with port 8767, Exception: EConvertError.'horza' is not a valid integer value"

and when using IP-nos

"21-05-05 12:17:18,ERROR,All,SERVER, VirtualServer startup failed with port 8767, Exception: EIdSocketError.Socket Error # 10049
    Cannot assign requested address."

I for one have some experience w configuring firewalls and I can get all other apps on my system Bittorrent, DC++, games etc to run w no problems.

I strongly suggest you take a look at the code around BoundtoIP and the detection demands, it might be OS-related but it seems this is a pretty frequent problem that isnt adressed in the FAQs.
    Maybe add a function like many DynDNS updaters use to access the Routers status-page and fetch IP from there? That way TS isn't forced to rely on external servers for IPdetection.

No hard feelings but I think this might be crucial if users are going to stick w TS2. I would really hate to change to another Voicecomms since TS is great
    when it works, but atm I'm not being able to use it anymore. Pls look into this.

Cheers, Horza

Check this site

Look at this site, it may help you whit installing your router.

click here to get connected to the site... it helped me to fix the problem whit my ports.
    click on your router and you wil find your help..

Succes,

Hopefully Simple Fix

To those having problems running behind firewalls and routers. I use my LAN IP for my two computers on my home LAN and for others to access my TS Server from outside I needed to add the UDP port to the IP Address.

Example XX.X.XXX.XXX:8767 <------UDP Port

This allowed my friends to access the server through the port I opened in my firewall and router firewall.

Hope this helps.

T

What is my IP?

http://www.whatismyip.com/

I am having the same problem as some others in this topic.

1. My TS Server was running just fine while using a LinkSys BEFSR41 v2 router. When the router died,I started using a NetGear WGT624 v2 I had lying around. I now cannot seem to get TS to communicate past the router.

2. I'm running WinXP Home SP2. The Windows firewall has been configured so that the TS Server has access to the Internet. I have even tried disableing the firewall completely but it didn't help.

3. I have deleted the port forwarding for UPD 8767-8768, exiting the router Admin screen, and then going back in and resetting the port forwarding ... no help.

4. I run a small website that I use to try to teach computers and have been using the TS Server to both demonstrate Computer voice communications as well as connect with members of a gaming Clan when playing online games.

I'm almost ready to toss the NetGear router and gt another LinkSys but have come to like the wireless option on the NetGear. Has anyone gotten a NetGear router to actually work yet?
    Last edited by Spock7291; June 8th, 2005 at 05:37 AM.

Thread Information