Forum

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TS3 Wishlist

1. ban from channel
    2. sub-SA - not as strong as the SA. may potentially do everything that the SA may do, but has a seperated permissions
    (if u have a SA and dont want to give the coleaders SA, you give them SubSA... now they cant ban and need to enter passwords for example)
    3. no internal voice for op / SA / CA (even SA needs voice; if he really needs it, he can self-allow it)
    4. an AFK-channel-flag (if u join, u may specify a message which is displayed like "request voice") (SAs for example cant "abuse" the request voice feature for this in moderated afk-channels: "already got this privilege")

thx for audience

and ty for ts2

this is not a biggy but you could have colored channels to make it all pretty lol

Multi Channel Multi Control

I'm in a virtual squadron, http://www.248th.com the 248th Diamond Dogs. We'd like to use multi channel in this manner as well. Teamspeak should take the approach real aviation has, multi channel add up to a reasonable limit such as 5 for listening and for transmitting, each with pull down for the type of each communication effect on the client they want to have. Those choices are configured on the server end so the client pulls the list of features from the server. For instance add channel, pull down of available channels, check transmit/recieve on pull down for each of those two options and set a push to talk button uniqe to each channel. Then you can interact with each channel in a custom method concurrently.

~~~Tomcat248th (http://www.248th.com)
    Quote Originally Posted by [KeH] TruB
    Hey all.. first post..

I'm a member in Kelly's Heroes... a swedish desert combat clan..
    http://www.kellysheroes.se
    TS2 has meant a lot for us. However... since we are discovering new ways to become better, some of us have discussed a little how we could communicate better.

Since I read that TS3 is on its way I will add a little something for my wish list...
    This might not be entirely thought through, but I hope someone gets the idea anyway...
    ...and I dont think it exists today. At least not in TS2.

This is it:

When we play, we are divided into smaller teams. The members in these teams need to communicate closely with each other. On occation they will also need to be able to communcate with other teams. The other team members neither need or want to hear everything said within the other teams, only what's relevant for all.

We wish for some kind of super-channel (as currently in TS2) where everyone can hear what's being said. It should also be possible to belong to both this channel and a sub-channel with team-internal speech. As it is today it is difficult to determine if any given message is meant for me or for someone else.

Then again there are players (such as clan leaders and fighter pilots) who need to be able to hear everything in order to be able to easier formulate changes to strategy on the fly.

As we can see it, the above could be handled using two buttons (or speech activation + one button) where you have a default (sub-) channel and a button for the super-channel. If something similar already is possible in TS2, please let me know. If not, could it please be a main feature in TS3 or is there maybe an even better way to handle this?

/TruB

I would like to see some way of making teamspeak send sound to a different port on my sound card, like the line in port so i can plug headphones into that listen to ppl on my headphones while still having the game sound on my speakers. i always asking ppl to repeat stuff because i havent heard them over the game in a firefight or something but never on xbox live where the voice is on the headset.

How about adding SQL Server 2000 support

Thank you Teamspeak staff for making an excellent program Thank you.

Here is my thoughts Asking "Are you sure" for granting SA is a Great Idea. But could go a step further: Only registered players can be given SA. Unregistered can not get SA. This should help with the fakers coming on and tricking people in giving the SA. Also have an option in the webadmin under the SA privileges: Password for granting SA. Then a password can be assigned and that password has to be used to give SA. Also the suggestion about having different color lights for SA and CA can help because there will probably be no way of faking them. Could also have a Server Operator SO, which could be given its own set of permissions. So a server can have 1 or 2 SA, then have several SO, which can only do a hand full of stuff like registure players, kick and/or ban players.

Thank You

My Wish

My clan loves TS and we use it alot so much so that they dont visit our website for the news and info on the clan. They wait til they here it in TS my wish is for the right side of TS to be a webbrowser set to a Home page by the admins or just a place HTML scripting can be placed for RSS/XML Feeds. This way all the news is where they and i spend most our time. Thx

Just wanted to bump this up closer to the first page in hopes the devs will see it.

This might be pushin it a bit

How about a whiteboard. Excellent instruction tool for clan matches; setting up positions on maps and strategies. Throw a map on the white board while youíre in a practice and you can encircle positions and literally draw arrows as to where to go. You canít do this in the game map. Well that my 2 cents. Catch ya later.

Here's my huge list of stuff for TS3:

-GUID Banning
    -Time Banning
    -Global Mute (Without making ht channel modded then granting the permissions..thats annoying)
    -Global Admin Talk (Press a button and talk to everyone at one time)
    -Add channel command through TCP query
    -An admin level between CA and SA (One that can kick but not ban, and enter channels without password entry, etc. )
    -Server settings editable through the client
    -Popup welcome message
    -More security alerts (as I've heard they are adding a popup for granting SA)
    -I think that the phonetic names can get more annoying than the teamspeak lady, but it should at least say "Server Admin Joined" or something
    -Allow commands to disconnect lower level admins from TCP using SSA (or kick them off)
    -Allow messaging from TCP client to TCP client (outside server)
    -Allow more customization

m&m's Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KiLLers NL
    or when you press the button to talk to both channels you also hear what is said in both channels
    what about that
    but you cant hear two conversations thur the same speakers same time that it would be garbled , so as i stated it needs to be seperated to seperate speaker channels L/R so in the R channel you hear "sniper to the north" in the left you hear "chopper to the east inbound" not "snichop ototot enorst" that you cant make heads to tails out of lol

Im thinking... user creatable modes, like instead of members bla bla bla, you can create modes and decide what privelages, like in clans you could have the clan member status so that you can have moderated combat channels so no idiot comes in and startes tramping over game comms, then you could have the Officer status that gives kick options etc. just makes the whole thing much more manageable than having to give them the privelages in EVERY channel.

I really like blackouts and a few others ideas... Sub Server admins

I am a fairly high ranking member of one clan, and lead another division of it in a different game. I would like to be able to grant Sub Server admins... that cannot revoke my server admin rights or give them out to people i dont approve of, and i can revoke thier rights
    Last edited by 7th-9-Yoda; April 14th, 2005 at 05:31 PM.

m&m's Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by !nF3cT3[)
    Im thinking... user creatable modes, like instead of members bla bla bla, you can create modes and decide what privelages, like in clans you could have the clan member status so that you can have moderated combat channels so no idiot comes in and startes tramping over game comms, then you could have the Officer status that gives kick options etc. just makes the whole thing much more manageable than having to give them the privelages in EVERY channel.
    i beleave the devs have all ready stated that there will be permissions on a per user and on a groups so you can dole out only what you want too

i think that peter griffen would say....

FREAKIN SWEET!

Thread Information