Forum

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: TS3 Wishlist

Just to bump this, and a reminder... well actually more a question really:

Have the Linux TS devs thought of an easy way around the problem with non-HW mixing capable hardware, whether it be through ALSA (dmix, Jack), OSS (ESD, aRts), etc? This is the main showstopper for many Linux gamers... Besides all improvements for the program itself, I think this issue should have a rather high priority (at least for the Linux client) since it defines low-level hardware and sound API support. Maybe support for both APIs, ALSA and OSS for those cards that work best with either? (just a thought, though).

hi,
    first one

Quote Originally Posted by chet132
    "Mic clicks" would be great! Although I am more referring to a senders voice being altered to sound more "tinny or squelchy" with light radio interferences. Sounding like actual military radio transmissions during WWII, Vietnam, etc. I am a Battlefield 1942 addict.

Iím sure you donít get many complains that the voice channels are too clear. Ha.
    ... as for mine suggestion for next ts, this is the only thing i would like to see most !

Quote Originally Posted by radnik.Ivan
    hi,
    first one

... as for mine suggestion for next ts, this is the only thing i would like to see most !
    Wouldn't that be possible with a simple sound post processing client-side plugin? Like "sound shader"?

My suggestions :

1) Setting the delay of local test mode.
    Actually, it answers back so fast I can't hear me because I am still speaking.

2) Log-on delay setting/command-line switch.
    When teamspeak is set to lo launch and log at computer startup, it fails due to network services not yet functional.

3) Server check/Auto attempt connect mode.
    I never know when my friend sets up his server.
    I would like Teamspeak to regularly poll it and connect as soon as possible.

4) Anti-echo setting.
    When speaking while speaked to through speakers (not headphones), the microphone captures the sound, wich is sent back and forth in a loop.
    Larsen effect survives new technology.

Thus, there should be a setting to mute incoming speak when speaking.
    Maybe it could be automatic with the headphone/speaker settings some sound cards have.

It could also usefull to mute everything else while speaking, or at least lower volume.
    Kabooms and agony screams tend to get in the way of speaking.

These don't need to wait for v3.
    Now the more complex:

5) User/group rights management.
    It has been said this is already planned, good.

6) Voice telling user names.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedBrent
    The big problem with your idea is that all users must record there name. This will limit the use of it to only those who have gotten around to doing that.
    Each user could have:
    -Name as written.
    -Name as pronounced (phonetics writing).
    -Name as said (self-recorded).
    Then Teamspeak would pick the best available.

7) Some kind of group hierachy :
    Speaking in group & sub-groups being the normal mode, specific key presses would :
    -Speak in specific group(s).
    -Speak in all same level groups.
    -Speak in super-group.

Other keypresses would:
    -Move to super group.
    -Move to first sub group.
    -Move to previous/next same level groups.
    -Move back to home group.
    -Toggle between speaking to subgroups or group alone.
    (mod key+cursor keys, [Home] and [Page Down] would suit)

Last, same user could belong to severall groups.

Sounds complicated, but carefull design combined with adequate rights management can be very powerfull, yet intuitive and simple at the start.

To help navigating, the (wished for) voice telling user names could tell group names.

[/My 2 eurocents]

Make it avaliable to OS X.

Lightbulb Suggestion: Video

How about video conferencing capabilities?

Overall, I like Teamspeak as it is, especially with it's obvious IRC roots. Thru my network, we use it as an audio extention for IRC ( irc.stormnine.net ). But, I feel that it's missing video. This app could take over what cornell's Cuseeme started out to be, but much better, because of it's IRC roots.

There was a comcast commercial a few years ago, that showed two guys playing a boxing game over broadband whilst having a two way video conferencing link overlaying the game in the corner of the screen as if it was part of a HUD. Nice concept. But so far, I haven't seen anyone deliver anything resembling the concept presented there. There are many great video conferencing apps and networks, but none created for the gaming community specifically. This would add a whole new dimension to gaming.

Another Thing I'd like to see: SA broadcast globally - The ability for any SA to optionally broadcast their speech into all channels on their server simultaneously. This would be great especially for owners of small & private TS servers, so for example, if the admin had to reboot the server, the admin could announce it to all channels at once before doing so. Think of it like an audio version of a /msg operserv global * messagetext , which is normally a function of most modern IRC-Services packages.

Tw|sT
    StormNineNet IRC Network

Block And Ban By Mac Address

Greetings of the Brazilian Community of Medal Of Honor...

I have a simple order of easy implementation.

As the TS is a Client with total access to a computer, connecting itself it a server TS,

both has total and exempts communication.

If the Client, when connect to a server, not only sent the IP, but the MAC address also(VIEW IN LOG), could have a way much more efficient banishment,

therefore the dynamic IP of an ADSL (the majority) dumb the all timel, or with one reset of modem,
    what makes impracticable the BAN for IP.

Definitively block for IP doesn't work ... For MAC address, it compels the infractor to change its net card or modem

This is the Sky !!!

m&m's Guest
    mac address can be spoofed so that will not work either !
    the dev team i think is going to try to add a guid like punkbuster uses ? so you can ban by ip or in the case of a dynamic ip ban by guid ? but till ts3 is out we will not know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Asystole
    1. Right off the top of our heads...the number one suggestion was to add a feature already found on ventrilo.

Instead of MEMBER JOINED or NEW PLAYER....announce who it is that's joining or leaving the server so we don't have to jump out of the game to find out or wait for them to speak up...This is a very useful tool and a coveted part of Ventrilo.

Announce the person's name when they join the server, join a channel, leave a channel, go into a way mode, return, and leave the server...

It makes it so much better!!!
    I would like to see this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by [KeH] TruB
    This might not be entirely thought through, but I hope someone gets the idea anyway...
    ...and I dont think it exists today. At least not in TS2.

This is it:

When we play, we are divided into smaller teams. The members in these teams need to communicate closely with each other. On occation they will also need to be able to communcate with other teams. The other team members neither need or want to hear everything said within the other teams, only what's relevant for all.

We wish for some kind of super-channel (as currently in TS2) where everyone can hear what's being said. It should also be possible to belong to both this channel and a sub-channel with team-internal speech. As it is today it is difficult to determine if any given message is meant for me or for someone else.
    TS can already do this via the "channel commander" and channel/private whisper functions. If you would like some help with setting up whispers, email me at [email protected] and I'll get with you on your TS server to help.

Quote Originally Posted by [KeH] TruB
    Then again there are players (such as clan leaders and fighter pilots) who need to be able to hear everything in order to be able to easier formulate changes to strategy on the fly.
    This cannot really be done in TS2, and I doubt will be added to TS3. It would be of little use to be able to listen into multiple channels, the members of one channel would not be able to hear the other channels and thus they would be speaking at the same time, making it impossible for the global listener to understand much of anything. The best route is to have each sub-group have a channel commander or a player using a private whisper to the commander to keep him updated.

/TruB

what if there was another admin not just the sa and ca but a ga like group admin so they would have the same power as a SA but only over a specified group of channels. This would make it easier so that other people could have the power to register people and the power to drag members to different channels instead of going through a server admin.

How about putting out a OS X version?

How about releasing an Apple version of TS for OS X?

Quote Originally Posted by blackout000
    1. ban from channel
    2. sub-SA - not as strong as the SA. may potentially do everything that the SA may do, but has a seperated permissions
    (if u have a SA and dont want to give the coleaders SA, you give them SubSA... now they cant ban and need to enter passwords for example)
    3. no internal voice for op / SA / CA (even SA needs voice; if he really needs it, he can self-allow it)
    4. an AFK-channel-flag (if u join, u may specify a message which is displayed like "request voice") (SAs for example cant "abuse" the request voice feature for this in moderated afk-channels: "already got this privilege")

thx for audience

and ty for ts2
    Sub sa that is a function i would like to

IS TeamSpeak DEAD?

instead of like right click name e = sa or right click name k = kick and so on i think you should be able to bind your own key to grant sa kick ppl ban ppl and so on this also will decrease the hackings of servers.

Thread Information