Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: TS3 Wishlist

Sounds, good I hope the security for teamspeak is rock solid. Also allowing for the configuration of what can be done and who can access the query port. (query port permission type system). I will be looking forward to the next developer blog post.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Since last december we are working with three companies in a pre-release SDK situation, where they are integrating "TS3 technology" into their games/software, so you can see we are fairly confident that the core part is mature enough for some real world use.
    What do you mean by integrating it in to the programs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagji56 View Post
    What do you mean by integrating it in to the programs?
    He means that the TS3 SDK allows you to implement TS3 functionalities (i.e. voice-communication) into your own applications (i.e. games).

Hi,

My first Suggestion is Timebanning from the adminpanol

Beta Testing & Some Suggestions

i was wondering if the general public can get a copy of TS3 to beta test and give reports back to the DEV team? i have been running TS servers from my home for many years as a private server, and others that have been hosted from game servers, ect. and for the different club's that we have been involved in. it is just a gaming community that plays many games and would like to just help out, if at all possiable. but as we all know this is the best place to learn about something new and easy to use. that is the best way something new to someone get's tried out. just from talking to someone you know who is using the program. because 90% of the time they will help you set it up to.

this is the only communication we have ever used. and many like it and have tried the other program, and think it is complicated to setup. but also on the other hand, has many useful features. and we would not like to change to the other one. just because of the non-user friendly interface for just the beginner/regular user. that has not the advanced skill's or they are just getting familar with a computer. but would just like something simple to use. and dont have the skill's that some advanced users may have.

i think it is like the old saying goes. the simpler the better, and more popular it becomes. the more the program does for the end user the better.

And as a suggestion has anyone sugguested maybe a small feature like being able to share files with others on TS, like a messenger program? because i have found in the past. i found myself tabbing out to send someone a file, threw some sort of file transfer system.

And the other is a text message system. that the user it is sent to, is aware of or promted to the retrive the message. instead of the user just noticing it. (like a pop up) instead of at the bottom. so before they close the program, they can be aware of a message/link is there before closing TS. because all of us have had a message/link or two in the past. and just closed the program (AND IT IS GONE). and it's lost, with no idea there even was a message. or we just had forgotten someone sent us one. and i thought is two great feature's that would be used often? and would be great features for TS3.

and maybe not giving so many permissions to regular users so the operator and voice could be used more. because a operator has not many permissions like a registered user. but has to be a registered user, in order to keep it for the next time they use TS. and sometimes a registered user, they just don't need all that freedom. just maybe some other useful user tiers.

example:
    unregistered user - someone invited maybe for the day/night or event.
    registered user - someone that is welcomed back anytime as a regular user with limited permissions.
    channel admins - people/members who you want to have certian powers like kicking or maybe making new channels.
    server admin - and members that add users/channels ect... or just take care of things that may occur.
    super server admin - person/persons that manage TS server settings.

just my 2 cents hope it may help...

Yes we want a beta

Hi,

things are looking good for a 2008 release, the user interface still needs alot of polishing and tweaking, the core part is already in quite good shape. The permission system is the only "big" feature that isn't completed.
    Since last december we are working with three companies in a pre-release SDK situation, where they are integrating "TS3 technology" into their games/software, so you can see we are fairly confident that the core part is mature enough for some real world use.
    Hello,
    thanks for the response. Nice to see that TS3 get's "flügge" - sry for the english users: fledged

Keep up the work! Hopefully we see an Beta soon.

Cya

I have been thinking about this, would it be posibel to have some sort of vote kick set-up. The TS I was admin in has resently gone under some admin chanes, wich have resolted in a no admin TS. It is working well, but there are those people that don't know when to stop. So, if you could implement a vote kick from, say, a channel, it could be good.

• utf8 Unicode support for translations & messages & everything;
    • turn on/off/mandatory TCP connection(voice connection) on a server;
    • another way than IP to connect servers some sort of UID or alias that admins can manage/change online and would be used for bookmarks if server changes IP;
    • permission escalation, controlling users or groups of users more, make permissions global/by user/by channel, what they do(what channels user may edit, what users may kick/ban/edit, what users may be recorded, where user can record, where user can talk), what they see(channels, text, info, other users/bots & their infos...) and what others can do with them, simplifying with masks: true, false, never;
    • bots, a way to stream sounds to different users, record sounds, kick, ban, create/edit/delete channels, just as a user with those permissions(using the user/bot permissions we can hide/show bots to different users and allow them to interact with);
    • banlists: name, IP(range too or using RegularExpression), GUID/MAC, ping, username, RegularExpression, temporary bans with or without reason;
    • limit # of connections from same IP, limit server's traffic; channels, codecs, users, bots, channel description/name length, sub-sub-sub-channels...;
    • ability to script the server with Lua, play custom sounds on client;
    • ability to log user2user chat, remote webadminstrate a server;
    • ability to add custom user data and get through database/server or showing to users with respective permissions;
    • ability to admins backup/restore their server's db;
    • more pre-login options: login invisible to lower level users(if user has permission), away, muted...;
    • custom symbols server-side: different bots/users with different symbols before their names;
    • db logs, easily trace user's activity online and remotely;
    • SDK including BOTs for a better integration and portability between teamspeak and other systems;

If all of this list is possible, I guess the permission/bot system would be the most complex part in the process. But would be the more flexible too, e.g: remotely controlling a bot would allow a site with chat, to automatically interact with the user in some group, or if none, with the higher leveled; bots would also notify/ban users online when some event occur(game server events, new users, maintenance, account steal), in some games this would be IT!
    Another interesting simpler way to do this would be with server-sided Lua scripting, sending messages to all users, or applying the special event on server only for those that are current on the teamspeak, making the participation raise.
    I don't know what's worth, but all I'm doing is asking.
    Last edited by morris; February 19th, 2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: "if what's worth", if removed.

Hi,

things are looking good for a 2008 release...
    If that is the case, you might want to update your corporate website
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.teamspeak-systems.de/products.php?lang=en
    Our current and so far largest project, TeamSpeak 3, is currently in medium implementation phase.
    That might suggest you need a 4-5 more years, looking back in time

SaveData

Hello TeamSpeak team!

It these days I think there are a lot of people who using more than one operation system.
    I use XP and Vista too and if I add a new TS server (or something changes. password, etc..) to the client I must repeat this with the TS in the other OS too.

TS3 will store the added servers in the TS3 folder, or not? I think it will be a good solution for me, and for some other people too. I like if a software stores it's data in a "save" folder next to the program's folder.

Another good solution is a data export/import feature, isn't it? I think it's easily programmable. (Ok, I am not a programmer, just a simple pc user XD )

Sorry my bad English ( !!! ) , and sorry if I repeat somebody who writed the same before.

A TS2 user from Hungary.

BHKai is offline -= Undercover TeamSpeak Fanatic =-
    You can copy the teamspeak.conf file from the TS folder in app data.

Quote Originally Posted by Barny88 View Post
    Dear support,

i am using Skype with a Microphone-clip and sound works very well.However in TS i have big quality problems.Because of TS codecs supporting mostly Headsets,i would like to ask weither you could add/implement -support- for freeware voice codecs for lower bandwidth called ISAC and iLBC so i could use the Microphone clips in TS, too.

Want to thankyou for this great TS software and that it is for free :-)

best regards
    Barny
    I would like to add this suggestion to wishlist of TS3. In other words, please add ISAC and iLBC(or similar) codecs to the next generation of your software.
    Thank you.

Thumbs down compatibltie

HEY

hey I Would Like For Use In Teamspeak 3.0 Many New, Features, Of Joystick-Mouse Controlling, And, Game Pad. i Hope For Friends Of Mine , Too Control Mice With Joystick Controller/ Gamepad Sticks In Teamspeak Box. This Would Not Only Be, Fun, And, Entertaining, And Enjoyabel But Ineresting Aswell

FankYou All, Hope Dis, Has'nt Been Posted, Before.

___ ___
    O O
    <..>
    {-------------}

Quote Originally Posted by Asystole View Post
    1. Right off the top of our heads...the number one suggestion was to add a feature already found on ventrilo.

Instead of MEMBER JOINED or NEW PLAYER....announce who it is that's joining or leaving the server so we don't have to jump out of the game to find out or wait for them to speak up...This is a very useful tool and a coveted part of Ventrilo.

Announce the person's name when they join the server, join a channel, leave a channel, go into a way mode, return, and leave the server...

It makes it so much better!!!
    I completely agree with this. It's one of the primary reasons why my friends and I have avoided TS. That and the codecs are horrible.

I agree that Player Joined and Player Left are no good. Using the built in Speech that comes with Windows (XP, Vista, etc) allows people to enter TTS for their phonetic names and more.

I would suggest that upon going this route, allow only a-z and maybe the numbers, this way you don't have anyone connecting with [ ] [ ] [ ] etc.

I also hope the betas will be open to the public.

Thread Information