Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: TS3 Wishlist

• GUI-less version (terminal compatible, low ram usage)
    • server-side LUA scripting (to have more options is good to, actually a 'plug-in' class would be lovely!)
    • ALSA for Linux
    • x86_64 binaries
    • Better banning, regular expression (name,ip), uid, global lists, remote integration...
    • Global Shortcuts

(I think killer has it, but perhaps the commander should be able to hear both channels anyway so that they then know what should be commanded to which channel to get there men to react etc. This would then mean that they could wait for a break in communication before speaking and avoid the above?)

I currently use this set up.

channels are like this

-COD 4
    • Good Guys
    • Bad Guys
    • Community

i have push to talk set so that just my team will here, and have V set as a keybind to whisper to channel family.

we also set up units sometimes and do the same thing along with setting up commanders. Using the commander light and whisper to channel commander makes it easy to talk strategy without confusing the team.

I think it would be nice to have a push to hear from multiple channels the same way you can "whisper to" multiple channels. currently the only thing we do to kind of remedy this is pressing v to talk to everyone.

maybe it could be a toggle function like mute. you press your key bind and it streams the selected channels to you, then you can quickly turn it off.

only other thing i can think of, which i know has probably been mentioned a lot is an overlay like xfire has. This way we can stop alt tabbing.

Multiple clients on the same PC

Right now we have to track down a different version of the client to get two instances to run on the same machine. In the past people have requested this because they wish to connect to multiple servers and it appears to have been addressed in the TS3 feature set.

However, running two clients has a different application which is to connect to the SAME SERVER. In the case where you have multiple soundcards connected to different things you would want to be able to use both. For example, I have a SB Live! which i use a headset with and talk to various people on my server. I recently purchased a cheap sound card and installed it in the same machine. I have successfully used teamspeak on my server while playing a recording through the second sound card and my PA system.

What I'd like to do now is run a second instance of Teamspeak so i can have it connected to my server and accessible by me via a hotkey. I'd be able to talk to the people on my server then press a hot key and speak through my PA System. Later I'll want to give access to certain others on the server so they can speak through my PA System from some remote location.

Will running multiple clients on the same machine be supported by TS3?
    Last edited by diablogate; May 25th, 2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling, etc.

Push-to-talk noise to confirm the button has been pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by diablogate View Post
    Will running multiple clients on the same machine be supported by TS3?
    actually you dont need two clients.. you can connect from one client to multiple servers. last but not least, you can start multiple clients with
    an command line switch.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by killiar View Post
    Push-to-talk noise to confirm the button has been pushed.
    Yes.. yes, yes, yes!

• Default HTTPS Admin Interface

Quote Originally Posted by Axen Marik View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered, but it would be great in TS3 to be able to disable the ability to use voice activation on our servers.

Yes. YES. Please. I hate it when people breath in our ears. and I don't really care for listening in on peoples phone conversations. Or their arguments. I could go way down the list of things that I don't really care to hear through teamspeak, but it is unnecessary.

This would be an invaluable feature, and I most certainly would use it.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by [KeH] TruB View Post
    Hey all.. first post..

I'm a member in Kelly's Heroes... a swedish desert combat clan..
    http://www.kellysheroes.se
    TS2 has meant a lot for us. However... since we are discovering new ways to become better, some of us have discussed a little how we could communicate better.

Since I read that TS3 is on its way I will add a little something for my wish list...
    This might not be entirely thought through, but I hope someone gets the idea anyway...
    ...and I dont think it exists today. At least not in TS2.

This is it:

When we play, we are divided into smaller teams. The members in these teams need to communicate closely with each other. On occation they will also need to be able to communcate with other teams. The other team members neither need or want to hear everything said within the other teams, only what's relevant for all.

We wish for some kind of super-channel (as currently in TS2) where everyone can hear what's being said. It should also be possible to belong to both this channel and a sub-channel with team-internal speech. As it is today it is difficult to determine if any given message is meant for me or for someone else.

Then again there are players (such as clan leaders and fighter pilots) who need to be able to hear everything in order to be able to easier formulate changes to strategy on the fly.

As we can see it, the above could be handled using two buttons (or speech activation + one button) where you have a default (sub-) channel and a button for the super-channel. If something similar already is possible in TS2, please let me know. If not, could it please be a main feature in TS3 or is there maybe an even better way to handle this?

/TruB

All of you asking for features like this need to learn how to use channel commander and key bindings... It's not that hard.

Integration with Google Wave(when it comes out or goes beta) would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateq View Post
    Yes. YES. Please. I hate it when people breath in our ears. and I don't really care for listening in on peoples phone conversations. Or their arguments. I could go way down the list of things that I don't really care to hear through teamspeak, but it is unnecessary.

This would be an invaluable feature, and I most certainly would use it.
    it depends on what community you are part of.
    but
    good permission settings and moving players. will do the trick.
    its as old as my join date.

Quote Originally Posted by [HJ]-Petz View Post
    Integration with Google Wave(when it comes out or goes beta) would be awesome.
    In what way are you talking about? Like Teamspeak itself or the website? Perhaps a broaden explanation for me? What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    In what way are you talking about? Like Teamspeak itself or the website? Perhaps a broaden explanation for me? What are your thoughts?
    By integrate, I mean making the VOIP features of TS3 work from within/with Google Wave contacts/groups/conversations. You could take this to the extreme and to the point of making another TS3 client that runs within Google Wave which is probably out of scope for TS3 Devs(Thats what the SDK is for yeah?). But you don't have to go that far simply having the systems activate the TS3 standalone client to join servers and channels would be awesome.

1. A VOIP phone like system(skype etc) - One user wants to call another user like a phone call but instead of dialing a number you dial a Google Wave contact. The TS3 integration would obviously behind the scenes make one person start a TS3 server for the conversation and join one remote client and one local client(the person running the server).

2. Conference BOT. So for example a Wave that has a number of people in it could add a TS3 BOT/SERVER to the Wave. In doing this every user on the wave is invited to join the server(single click style, No copy and pasting URLs etc.)

Re:

Hi all,
    I would like to see that you get a red light (or another color) when someone is whispering to you... That would be nice. Now someone has to say something like "this is an private message... .. .. .."

And i agree with HTML in descriptions. (I don't now who said this before but i agree, you can do nice things with it..)

Another thing is background music in channels..

And my last: Make it easy to ban players with a time ban... i know it possible now, but i just don't understand how... .. ..

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by design-event View Post
    And my last: Make it easy to ban players with a time ban... i know it possible now, but i just don't understand how... .. ..

About Ban

Plz we have so many stupid people trying to hack our TSserver today, that wa really need ban improvements

- No limits to the ban list ( today i guess its limit is about 10 IP )
    - Time ban
    - Each time a user connects the TS server, it should display in the TS client's interphace, the IP adress he uses to log in. (Maybe only to admins : usefull when hackers spam the TSserver with multiple connections.
    - Possibility to delete a channel created by a simple user, kicking from ts-server all members of this channel at the same time.

Anyway you Teamspeak dev, did great job by the past ! . and we still love your product, but i'm gonna be crazy waiting for the TS3 release ! . Hope it will come soon. plz inform Us . the firt post of the topic was written in 2004 Oo

Thread Information