Forum

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TS3 Wishlist

TS3 Wishlist

My Gaming squad loves teamspeak...and can't wait for TS3 to come out...however there are some things we would like to see...We will continue to update this list over the next 48-72 hours...so please be patient....

1. Right off the top of our heads...the number one suggestion was to add a feature already found on ventrilo.

Instead of MEMBER JOINED or NEW PLAYER....announce who it is that's joining or leaving the server so we don't have to jump out of the game to find out or wait for them to speak up...This is a very useful tool and a coveted part of Ventrilo.

Announce the person's name when they join the server, join a channel, leave a channel, go into a way mode, return, and leave the server...

It makes it so much better!!!

2. Make the Codec unchangable after you set it once....It gets so annoying when you constantly have to keep going back and changing it all the time. Is there a way to make it so your codec is automatically set to whatever the server host has his server set at?

Alright...that's all I've got for right now...I will be back with some more suggestions later....Keep up the good work guys!!!

m&m's Guest
    2. Make the Codec unchangable after you set it once....It gets so annoying when you constantly have to keep going back and changing it all the time. Is there a way to make it so your codec is automatically set to whatever the server host has his server set at?

most servers have a few codec set so you can pick the one you want on the client end as well , for those that have limeted bandwith , so forceing 25k on a 56 k user lol is out of the question ... so there are choices on most servers

The making the codec permanent part sounds like you think the codec is set in the client options, where it says "Local Testmode" (Setttings->Sound Input/Output Settings->Local Test->Test Codec:), note this is not the codec that is used when talking to other peeps, this is only used in the local testmode (which you can activate right on that window to test to see how you sound).
    Setting the codec that is used when you talk with your mates on the server works by editing the channel (if you have somebody that has the permissions to edit the channel); You find the channel codec can be set there. Everybody that tries to talk in that channel will use this codec ( no matter how he sets up his local test codec :P)
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Hey all.. first post..

I'm a member in Kelly's Heroes... a swedish desert combat clan..
    http://www.kellysheroes.se
    TS2 has meant a lot for us. However... since we are discovering new ways to become better, some of us have discussed a little how we could communicate better.

Since I read that TS3 is on its way I will add a little something for my wish list...
    This might not be entirely thought through, but I hope someone gets the idea anyway...
    ...and I dont think it exists today. At least not in TS2.

This is it:

When we play, we are divided into smaller teams. The members in these teams need to communicate closely with each other. On occation they will also need to be able to communcate with other teams. The other team members neither need or want to hear everything said within the other teams, only what's relevant for all.

We wish for some kind of super-channel (as currently in TS2) where everyone can hear what's being said. It should also be possible to belong to both this channel and a sub-channel with team-internal speech. As it is today it is difficult to determine if any given message is meant for me or for someone else.

Then again there are players (such as clan leaders and fighter pilots) who need to be able to hear everything in order to be able to easier formulate changes to strategy on the fly.

As we can see it, the above could be handled using two buttons (or speech activation + one button) where you have a default (sub-) channel and a button for the super-channel. If something similar already is possible in TS2, please let me know. If not, could it please be a main feature in TS3 or is there maybe an even better way to handle this?

/TruB
    Last edited by [KeH] TruB; October 22nd, 2004 at 02:07 PM.

I have a few little suggestions for TS3.

Maybe alot of people wouldnt think of this, but can there be an option that when you mute someone, you can mute them even when they join back to the ts server they will be muted...Another one is... A seperate chat options like vent so you can chat to everyone (even if your not SA,CA).

I had a few more but i forgot them :P

Rodger Beep

Hi all....

Firtstly - Many thanks to the creators of teamspeak for a great peice of software

My only suggestion is to have some form of rodger beep when the player releases key. I use teamspeak for pilot comunications and its sometimes hard to tell if the other player has finished speaking....

Just a small bip or ding when the key is released would be fantastic.

Many Thanks...

Stuart

I feel Asystole hit a major point above...

The anouncement of users by name entering and leaving along with the channel change anouncements are a very strong benefit of Ventrillo. I would love to see this feature added to TS as well.

Keep up the good work!

it would be nice to have a setting on there... for like one server theres a setting that for one server there is an admin that can do everyone they want but SA cannot be taken away no matter what unless you do it through the web admin... this could stop the *****

Music

[SIZE=5]Okay first of all my clan loves teamspeak and uses it all day long. Often the generals as i am one go into there office (a sub channel all generals have in our clan) for some quiet and the time to get things done without interuption. Now i was just wondering if you would be able to make it so we could add background music someway. (we would also think this feature would be kind of neat in the loby, the default channel title in our server, so that when a new player comes in they could here some peacful music.) Just a thought hope you like it.

1) Banner for every teamspeak server i host
    2) Auto disconnect when idle for xx minutes
    3) Channel categories
    4) Allow HTML in descriptions

I will think of some more later!

i have two
    --------
    when we recive a PM have it make a sound like a ding, cause some times u might be in a passworded channle and some one my PM u and u may not know about until they leave.

make a new permission thing like R,CA,SA but make this one SSA Super Server Admin where SSA can login to the server with the TS client.Aand add permission to that like click on some ones name and press lisen to him or for channle lisen to channle conversation and some other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by [KeH] TruB
    Hey all.. first post..

I'm a member in Kelly's Heroes... a swedish desert combat clan..
    http://www.kellysheroes.se
    TS2 has meant a lot for us. However... since we are discovering new ways to become better, some of us have discussed a little how we could communicate better.

Since I read that TS3 is on its way I will add a little something for my wish list...
    This might not be entirely thought through, but I hope someone gets the idea anyway...
    ...and I dont think it exists today. At least not in TS2.

This is it:

When we play, we are divided into smaller teams. The members in these teams need to communicate closely with each other. On occation they will also need to be able to communcate with other teams. The other team members neither need or want to hear everything said within the other teams, only what's relevant for all.

We wish for some kind of super-channel (as currently in TS2) where everyone can hear what's being said. It should also be possible to belong to both this channel and a sub-channel with team-internal speech. As it is today it is difficult to determine if any given message is meant for me or for someone else.

Then again there are players (such as clan leaders and fighter pilots) who need to be able to hear everything in order to be able to easier formulate changes to strategy on the fly.

As we can see it, the above could be handled using two buttons (or speech activation + one button) where you have a default (sub-) channel and a button for the super-channel. If something similar already is possible in TS2, please let me know. If not, could it please be a main feature in TS3 or is there maybe an even better way to handle this?

/TruB
    Totally...this is exactly what the 85thF&M are looking for for the exact same reasons...... this would be a GREAT addition to ts3

m&m's Guest
    and how do you get around the fact if there not in your channel you dont know if there talking when you want to transmit to another channel all you are going to do there is walk all over some elses transmition , in witch case you dont know if it was receved or not , same as with the wisper to key bind ya it is nice to have feature but , you still may walk all over some one else...

only way i see to do this is with a stereo version of teamspeak meaning diferant transmitions go to diferant speakers so you cant walk on some one all ready talking / you may not understand 2 conversation at the same time but both will be clear .. so you will hear out of both speakers till someone wispers or a comanders channel pops in then you would hear your channel in left speaker, and wisper or command channel in right same time

or when you press the button to talk to both channels you also hear what is said in both channels
    what about that

I think killer has it, but perhaps the commander should be able to hear both channels anyway so that they then know what should be commanded to which channel to get there men to react etc. This would then mean that they could wait for a break in communication before speaking and avoid the above?

Thread Information