Forum

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    {S.A.W.} Guest

Talking i have a problem with the instuctions

i have a problem with the part about starting a serever thing to talk with freinds you said to click self well it wont let me click self........................

erg, i cant login to the administration thing.....i edited my server.log file but it still wont let me in...pleaase help.

read the manual, help files, faq, whatever...oh and do you know what a log file does ? )
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

edited the Log file ????
    are you serious or are you trying to josh us ?

a log file is ONLY loging files, so if you try to change your pw this way, sorry, but this is too much...LOL (hope you're only making fun)

please see the FAQ as it is in there described how to use your admin logins.

Administrator login for linux

Ok i resently installed ts for linux on a remote server. it works great how do i login into the administrator??

Ok i first wanna say how stupid am i!!!! I figured it out i was putting in my ip but not the right port. Well for those of u who did teh same thing i did here is the website to change and edit your team speak through administrator http://youteamspeakipwithoutport:14534/ well i hope this will help someone liek em in the future!!!

happy talkin!!!!

Well, here goes another "n00b" question.....
    I installed TS2 RC2 on a Linux server using the port 9110. When I try connecting using a Win client, I get the error bad name / password. I have set-up a username and I get the same message. I even tried using the admin and superadmin users with no luck and I know those are valid because I can log into the web admin page. I know I am connecting to the server because I don't get the "server not found" message and I can see the traffic increase on the stats page. Anyone have a suggestion?
    Last edited by Wukkuan; August 3rd, 2003 at 12:46 AM.

If you connect via your local address book make sure you have checked the registred radio box.
    Then there will be two fields. Login Name and Password. Here you have to enter your account data.
    What you enter as a Nickname is irrelevant (As long it is not empty. If it is empty it will result in the error you received).

If there is only a field Server Password then you try to log in as an anonymous user.

Also check if loging in as an anonymous user works.

Thank you. Yes, I have tried all 3 ways with no success. I have also created a tss user and group and given full permission to user, group and global and every combination in between I have ran as root, tss, my username.... /sigh

What are you talking about?
    There are no groups or group permissions in TS2 (If you do not count the server permissions as groups).
    I hope you are not talking about system users. Because they have absolutly nothing to do with your TS2 users.
    You have to create TS2 users either by adding them via the user manager in the web interface of TS2 or by doing a register with server in the TS2 client.

If you are talking about the permissions of the files in your TS2 server directory, then of cause the user that runs your TS2 server has to have write access.
    But if your registred users show up in the user manager of the TS2 web interface, then they are also in the database.

I have tried all 3 ways with no success
    Does that mean that logging in as anonymous does not work either?

Correct. Logging in as anon doesn't work either.
    And yes, the owner of the directory is the tss user, but I opened the permissions just in case it would make a difference (it didn't). Currently I have 2 users I created and the superadmin and admin of which they all come back with bad login. I have tried from a WinME, WinXP and Win2k OS with no sucess either. I am sure it will be a simple setting somewhere (one that makes me smack my forehead), but I am just not seeing it.

Hmm I start to run out of options.

Maybe someone with more insight in TS than me should answer this question.

There is only one more thing that comes to my mind:
    In your server.ini there is a variable called ServerFlags. Set it to 0 and clear the server password. Now try to log in as anon. If it still does not work as anon I don't know what may be wrong.

If no one aswers here (wait a while) maybe you should start a seperate thread in this forum. I think they will forgive you the crossposting.

Thank you very much Dummer
    Actually, there are currently 2 people on the server and I seem to be the only one that can't connect. I have a Cisco 827 router with all traffic open on all ports from the server. Perhaps it is an IOS / NAT issue? /shrug

Ok... so this is a strange end. I installed Webpost, logged in that way and I had no problem. I re-tried the client and sure enough I could connect. /shrug Sunspots I tell you!!!!

Thank you for your time Dummer

{AK}Hayabusa Guest
    ya it helps a lot ty

Thread Information