Forum

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

{nUg}DankRider Guest

Instructions to set up TeamSpeak 2.0 client and server

Since I know i wanted some sort of instructions to install Team Speak and couldnt find any, i deceded to create my own.. I hope someone finds them usefull..

-= Team Speak 2.0 =- Client Setup/connect

These Steps will help you install, setup, connect to a favorite server, and register. If a guest password is required to access the server you must attain one from the server admin.

1 - Download/Install - Team Speak 2.0 Client
    - http://www.goteamspeak.com/

2 - Start your Team Speak 2.0 client

3 - Setting up your Team Speak 2.0 Options
    - Go to your Setting folder
    - click (Options / Sound Devices) Make sure you have the right sound device selected
    - click (Options / Other) Set your default guest nickname
    - click (Options / soundinput/output) Set your talk button,
    - Run the (active locate test mode)

4 - Connecting to a Server as a Guest, and saving our server in your addressbook
    - Click (Connection/Connect) Select (Web Servers List) Locate and Highlight your desired server
    then Select (Copy to local Addressbook)
    - Click on the (Local Addressbook) tab
    - You should see the server's info on the right hand side of the window, with your guest Nickname.
    - Select Auto-Reconnect
    - Select (Anonymous)
    - Enter our password and connect

5 - Registering to our server, Steps to register. (You can register to a Team Speak server to chat in registered channels)
    - click Self/Register With Server, enter your Login Name and password, then click register.
    This will be your personal log and pass to the server.

6 - Connecting to the server using your personal Log Name and password
    - Disconnect from the server
    - Click Connections/Connect/Local Addressbook
    - Select ( Registered )
    - Enter your Personal Login Name and Password
    - Connect to the Server

7 - You are done!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-= Team Speak 2.0 =- Server Setup

1 - Download/Install - Team Speak 2.0 Server
    - http://www.goteamspeak.com/

2 - Start Team Speak 2.0 Server

3 - Registering Your Team Speak Server
    - Start Team Speak 2.0
    - Locate and open your Server log file using Word Pad
    (c:/Program files/Teamspeak2/server)
    - Locate your Login and password
    - sample ( LoginName: admin LoginPW: bmjk3 )
    - Right Click on the Team Speak 2.0 server icon in your tray and select ( Administration )
    - You will be prompted to enter the login and pass you just retrieved from your Servers log file.
    enter your info and save

4 - Navigating and Setting up Team Speak 2.0 while in the Web Browser
    - Select your server
    Users Manager
    - click User Manager, then click on the tool button to the right of the admin
    - Type in a new admin password in both the fields
    - make sure you have selected both Server Admin & Super Server Admin
    - Then click Save. A web browser Login/Password box will pop up, enter your new info and hit remember password then save.
    - NOTE: you will also use the (User Manager) to edit your registered guests..
    You can make a registered guest a Server admin or Super Server Admin without changing their password by leaving it blank
    (to register a client view the client setup portion of this post. Steps 4-6 in the Client setup portion)
    Setting
    - Click Settings
    - Modify these server settings per your needs
    - server name
    - server welcome message
    - Server Type, (clan/public) server
    - Player registration Mode
    - Type of Codec's to be allowed
    - Save settings

5 - Connecting to your Team Speak 2.0 server as a Admin
    - Install and Start Team Speak 2.0 (Steps are listed in the Client Setup portion on this post,, Sections 1-3)
    - Click (Connection/Connect) Select (Web Servers List) Locate and Highlight your server, then Select (Copy to local Addressbook)
    - Click on the (Local Addressbook) tab
    - You should see your server's info on the right hand side of the window, with your guest Nickname.
    - Select Auto-Reconnect
    - Select ( Registered )
    - Enter your Personal Login Name and Password
    - Connect to the Server

6 - Tip on Creating Channels and Sub-Channels
    - You must select a channel type for the channel to stay.
    - Registered = Permanent Channel that will stay on the server till deleted.
    - Moderated = You need voice or better to talk.
    - Sub Channels = Selecting this will allow you to create Sub-Channels in that parent Channel
    - Default = This is the channel the members will automatically join
    - To create a Sub-Channel, your parent Channel must have the Sub-Channel box selected upon creation

-=Common Server Questions=-

Q - What is the difference between a Admin and a Super Admin?
    - Super Server Admins - administrate all the servers on that computer.
    - Server Admin - administrate that server only.

Q - How can i make it so guest's cant create channels?
    - Edit the ServerFlags line in the server.INI file to one of the below:
    (register being authenticate with the server) (when set to 0 text messages also seem to be disabled )
    0= no register, no create channel
    1= can register, no create channel
    2= all can create channels
    3= all can register/all can create channel

Q - I cant connect to the Administrative options using my new password?
    - You have to start your Team Speak 2.0 server by double clicking/opening the actual application (Short Cuts will not work)
    - If you still cant connect, you will have to uninstall TeamSpeak 2.0,
    - Manually Delete your TeamSpeak2 folder and all it contents.
    - Reinstall Team Speak 2.0 and follow the server setup steps

Q - I cant Connect to my server using my admin Log and Password?
    - You have to start your Team Speak 2.0 server by double clicking/opening the actual application (Short Cuts will not work)
    - If you still cant connect, you will have to uninstall TeamSpeak 2.0,
    - Manually Delete your TeamSpeak2 folder and all it contents.
    - Reinstall Team Speak 2.0 and follow the server setup steps

Q - What is a Codec?
    - Codec's allow you to adjust the sound quality for each channel. Higher sound quality means more bandwidth requirements
    - CELP 5.1Kbit
    - CELP 6.3 Kbit
    - GSM 14.8 Kbit
    - GMS 16.4 Kbit
    - CELP Windows 5.2Kbit

Q - While Creating a channel what are the different Check Box options
    - Registered = Only Registered member can chat unless voiced by the Operator/Admin
    - Moderated = Guests can join and chat
    - Sub Channels = Selecting this will allow you to create Sub-Channels in that parent Channel
    - Default = This is the channel the members will automatically join

Q - What is Voice Request?
    - This allows a guest to speak in a registered room (admin's/Operators can allow)

Q - What is the difference between a (Clan Server and Public Server)?
    - Clan Server = This server is used for your Teams/Clans use only it is not available for public use
    - Public Server = This server is available to be used by guests (normally a public server would allow guests to create channels for their own use)

Q - In the Administration options under settings what is the difference between ( anyone and none )
    - Anyone = anyone can log on as a guest and register to your Team speak server
    - None = you have to register all your guests

Edited by pwk.linuxfan on 07.06.03 to change a some plain wrong statements about the meaning of registered and moderated.
    Edited by Guldi on 15.06.06 updated Teamspeak webpage Link
    Last edited by guldi; June 15th, 2006 at 12:38 PM.

Okay seems you know much about ts2 i have a problem if instaled the 2 ts2 files on download section i instaled them both and got the server running sweet np what so ever

Bud here comes the problem today i wanted to open my server for the clan bud nether i or anyone else of the clan cant enter the server evryone gets the message this server doesnt suport this client version

WTF?

wel 20 times uninstaled 20 downloaded 20 time server activated same whit client version

stil same message doesnt suport this version

help me obi-wan

hmm not a news reader are you
    Download the latest server and you'll be fine again. That server had a time limit.

-------------- log started at 09-10-16 16:24 -------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    09-10-16 16:24:26,ALL,Info,server, Server startup initialized
    09-10-16 16:24:26,ALL,Info,server, Server version: 2.0.18.25 Win32

see i use the latest server m8

bud stil got the server doesn not suport this version

1 thing i find wierd i have uninstaled it many times now and downloaded the latest versions of client and server bud when i reinstal it stil had rememberd my servers i added in client version

yes i did remove the maps after uninstal

is there a reg key that iam not aware of?

if so whats its name so i can delet it might solve the server doesnt suport this client version donno just guesing

i love ts 2 bud i realy whant my own server

help me obi-wan

is there a linux server setup doc?

radas Guest

Small problem

Hi all,
    I just want to ask how to put to my server, the name of the country.

TK

Wink Not that I have seen.

Originally posted by boxhead
    is there a linux server setup doc?
    But I might make one...

that would be cool.....

-=BZDP=-Nemesis Guest

ZA Pro and Ts2 Admin Panel

If you are having trouble connecting to the TS2 server admin panel and you have ZA Pro installed then re-installing it will do NO good, even if you wpe the registry. havent foun out why yet(though I will eventually) but ZA PRO blocks the Admin login. All you get when you input the admin username and the password from the server log file is............. the boxes go blank again and no login. The only workaround I have found at present is to uninstall ZA Pro and install the free version. At High Internet security it works fine and that version of ZA should be sufficient for most home gamers uses.

If anyone knows why ZA Pro blocks the admin page and knows a way around it then I'd be most interested to hear. Incidentally I'm using XP Pro.

Until da trenches.....................

-=BZDP=-Nemesis

xtremesk8er Guest

Exclamation Problem with Zone Alarm Pro ?

Quote Originally Posted by -=BZDP=-Nemesis
    If you are having trouble connecting to the TS2 server admin panel and you have ZA Pro installed then re-installing it will do NO good, even if you wpe the registry. havent foun out why yet(though I will eventually) but ZA PRO blocks the Admin login. All you get when you input the admin username and the password from the server log file is............. the boxes go blank again and no login. The only workaround I have found at present is to uninstall ZA Pro and install the free version. At High Internet security it works fine and that version of ZA should be sufficient for most home gamers uses.

If anyone knows why ZA Pro blocks the admin page and knows a way around it then I'd be most interested to hear. Incidentally I'm using XP Pro.

Until da trenches.....................

-=BZDP=-Nemesis
    i had the same prob. wot you need to do is go into the ZA pro firewall settings > Exert, and add a new rule that allows connection to your TS server.

See enclosed image.. (hope it shows up)

Note: Change localhost to the IP of your server
    and just mess with the rest till it works for you

Hi, one thing about ZA. It's a great program, but if you have a router and you have NAT enabled and the firewall enabled with it, then you don't need ZA at all.

Now my question is, if you have ther ts2 server, can you run it for free? Or do you have to register it sooner or later? If you have register it, how much is it??????

Airborne328 Guest

Unhappy Using TS

Cansome help me with TS. I installed it last night, and just to try I was able to create a channel, everything was fine. I heard ppl and everything. Now today i have my other clan mates get it. When i go to connect....2 things i cant connect to any open severs. Its says no reply from serv. or matbe TS isnt running on it.. Also my channel button isnt highlighted. So i can't create my own channel. what am i doing wrong. I created one last night... Please help....Thank You a Very frustrated Airborne328

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne328 View Post
    When i go to connect....2 things i cant connect to any open severs. Its says no reply from serv. or matbe TS isnt running on it..

same problem, i cannont connect niether can any of my friends, i followed direction to the letter in installation. (nice steps btw) please help. advance thanks

(just read bhkai's post above i am trying to host it. more info on those items?)
    Last edited by needi; May 31st, 2007 at 02:12 AM. Reason: shoulda read more, oops

Exclamation help!!!!!!!!!

i created a server but i can't log on to it
    whenever i try i get an error that says that TS is probably not running on it

May we know Your "it"s IP address and port?

As general note: try to connect to
    after first server startup.

Thread Information