Forum

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    anyone know if this will work with MySQL 5 ? I have mysql 4.X and i recently installed XAMPP which comes with MySQL 5. If i copy over the libmysql.dll file (if needed)into the proper folders will it work?

Can someone give me a link to MySQL 4.0.25 because the ones upthere dont work for me

Arrow Re: How to Install TS & MySQL 4 Properly

Quote Originally Posted by Juanto
    Can someone give me a link to MySQL 4.0.25 because the ones upthere dont work for me
    Here you go.

http://downloads.mysql.com/archives.php?p=mysql-4.0

As of the time of writing, the latest 4.x release is 4.0.26. I suggest you go with this version.

Personally, I use 4.1.x on a Linux server and version 2.x of the dbExpress MySQL driver from Core Lab. This driver allows you use TeamSpeak on either Windows or Linux with any one of MySQL 3.23, 4.0, 4.1, or 5.1. It is not free ($70 to $150), but I am willing to assist with installation if anyone splits the cost with me.

http://www.crlab.com/dbx

There seems to be a problem with these sql-queries from the sqlite-directory after copying them to the mysql-directory or the dbexpress library. They seem to be incompatible with my mySQL version 4.1.14. When starting the ts2-server, it tells me "dbExpress Error: Operation not Supported". The server.log doesn't show anything unusual.

By the way, the libmysql.dll needed for this is unavailable at the URL posted by the author. I uploaded the file to ftp://hoher-rat.de/Software/libmySQL.dll. It is taken from a mysql 3.23.58 distribution.
    Last edited by ThTs0; April 22nd, 2006 at 02:33 PM.

Red face Thanks to forums It's works

Quote Originally Posted by mokum
    When using a mysql version > 4.0 you might expirience problems with starting the tss deamon. The server.log file will contain the errors.

meisenst solved the initial problem [EDatabaseError: dbExpress Error: Operation Not Supported] by changing the query in mysql_sql/read_servers.sql to read:

Code:
    select * from ts2_servers WHERE i_server_id > 0;
    Then there is a second problem with the changing of ChannelAttribs. Changes made to users rights [like CA etc] would be LOST after disconnection.

siepel fixed the second problem [GetChannelAttribs Exception: EDatabaseError.dbExpress Error: Operation Not Supported]

Code:
    select * from ts2_channel_privileges where i_cp_server_id = :iServerID and i_cp_channel_id = :iChannelID and i_cp_client_id = :iClientID
    put that in mysql_sql/read_channel_privilege.sql just on one single line exactly as above..

Please sticky this.

Cheers,
    mokum
    So I try to write How I do it...
    ( if in log shows "unable to load"... )
    you will need the old .dll as mentioned above
    after that you will need to log on mysql as root and somenting like that
    ( if "Invalid Username or Password" appear in log )
    SET PASSWORD FOR <user>@localhost = OLD_PASSWORD('<password>');
    and
    FLUSH privileges;
    because without that MySQL use old table ... with PASSWORD(......
    .ini of TS is the same.
    ( if like above mentioned message appears... )
    after that you should change the files like above
    and I change more files in mysql_sql dir .. mostly I try to edit to better format
    I think "MySQL goes way near to standarts", so maybe the MySQL doesn't accept the old query with combination of more spaces and newlines ...

Ok got the ts server setup on mysql 4.025 runs beautyfull but now i have a new problem my guild has 2 divisions and i would like to setup them another ts setver on this box but when i create the new server and try to start it it fails and inserts all the information from my first server into the second one sooo how do i run multi servers now? Or is it not designed that way with mysql .... any help would be appreciated

Rash

I've been running TS for a little over a year now. Love it and will always use it. I get on average of about 30+ people (friends in WoW and others "general gaming TS server") a day.

What are the perks of running TS through mySQL rather than the stock one?

And will this improve on bandwidth as well as load balancing?

And will it be worth it to me and my TS crew to switch?

Weekends I tend to see much more traffic on multiple channels!

Thanks,
    U_T

converter is here

I have downloaded and instaled the 4.0.25 mysql on my computer , using a Windows Xp and i install the version whose i get on this host http://downloads.mysql.com/archives....sql-4.0&o=-win
    The problem is the following, the link to mysql 3.x library dll (libmySQL.dll) is broken, and in the archive i have downloaded theres no folder called MySQL 3.x Library dll like domination said in the step 10 of the instalation.
    Is anyone could helpme saying where and which library can i download to continue my work ?

I trying to put my ts on sql tomake some implementations, like nick registration and work in web with teamspeak.

If my wnglish is poor sorry, im brazilian and im trying to do my best

im waiting for any help

if is there anyone interested in know what server i talking about please login ts.illusions.com.br
    see ya

Could not start the MySQL service on Local Computer

Error 1067: This process terminated unexpectedlly.
    Thats the error i get when trying to run the service.

PLEASE HELP, ive only installed and uninstalled everything like 20 times.

Question

i just have a question... do i have to have/use mysql for the TS server to work?

No you do not

You can use a flat sql file in teh form of SQLite

This is what TeamSpeak uses as default

If anyone needs any help

http://forum.goteamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=33504

Ive got it working there

Exclamation error

alright. I got this message in my log. I am totally new to sql although I do a bit of webdesign, although it uses php and javascript, and of course good old html.

-------------- log started at 17-10-06 01:01 -------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    17-10-06 01:01:31,ALL,Info,server, Server init initialized
    17-10-06 01:01:31,ALL,Info,server, Server version: 2.0.20.1 Win32
    17-10-06 01:01:31,ERROR,All,SQL, Database initialization error: EDatabaseError.Unable to Load libmySQL.dll
    17-10-06 01:01:31,ERROR,All,SERVER, Start_Server: unable to open database
    17-10-06 01:01:31,ERROR,All,GENERAL, critical error, shutdown initiated
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing it's a corrupt or missing file named libmysql.dll, which was referred to in the manual.
    anyhelp would be nice.

Thats an easy one

libmysql.dll is the MySQL interfacing module, and i believe you only need to stick a copy of it in your teamspeak directory

I think i have it in my windows dir too, but it depends where the global paths point to and if it can find it

If you download
    http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/C...rror.anlx.net/

(I know its the PHP module!) and copy out the libmysql.dll file to your TS directory, that should solve your problem

Sam

Thread Information