Forum

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

SirReal's multipurpose G15 plugin [v2.8.3]

Multipurpose plugin for the Logitech G15 keyboard. Small and fast executable, doesn't require anything else except the TeamSpeak2 DLL (which is included). If you don't need TS2, you can delete TSRemote.DLL.

You'll want to review the contents of lcdsirreal.txt, the configuration file. Double-click it to open it in a text editor such as notepad. LCDSirReal looks for it's configuration files where the executable is, or in My Documents\LCDSirReal. It will also write it's log files there.

Each of the G15 soft buttons corresponds to one 'slot' in the plugin where you can select which 'module' to show. You can have more than one module listed for a slot, and the first one to have anything to show will be used. You can force switch between modules using CTRL+softbutton.

If the G15 keyboard isn't available or is unresponsive, LCDSirReal shows a small window with it's display in it. Closing the window terminates LCDSirReal. Clicking on the slots simulates softbutton presses. Hold down mouse button on a slot to do a long-click. Right click to cycle a slot's contents (like CTRL-softbutton does).

Vista Notes: When running under Windows Vista, LCDSirReal does not require Administrative privileges unless you want to use the speaker switching.

Homepage and download at: http://www.linkdata.se/software/lcdsirreal

Features:
    • Customizable display of weekday, date and time.
    • Shows number of unread mails as icons, if your mail client supports it
    • Displays CPU usage (averages or min/max on top, details in CPU module)
    • Shows the memory load.
    • Shows inbound (top) and outbound (bottom) network traffic volume
    • Shows network inbound/outbound network load over the last ten seconds, and/or total data sent and received.
    • World clock with daylight savings support and user selectable time zones
    • Speaker switcher, switch between speakers and headphones with a click
    • Displays sound volume and speakers muted status
    • Stopwatch with lap time (click to start/lap, long-click to reset/stop)
    • Detects unresponsive programs and allows you to kill them
    • TeamSpeak2/3 integration: Shows speakers, player count (channel with large font, server with small font), arriving and leaving players, mic mute status, self speaking status, channel changes. Click to mute/unmute mic. Long-click to show who's in the active channel.
    • WinAMP integration: Shows new song name when song changes. Shows remaining play time and average bitrate. Click to re-display current song.
    • Foobar2000: supports the WinAMP spam component.
    • FRAPS integration: Shows the current FPS.
    • SpeedFan integration: Shows user selectable values from SpeedFan (temperatures, fan speeds, voltages).
    • iTunes integration: Shows new song name when song changes. Shows remaining play time and average bitrate. Click to re-display current song.
    • CoreTemp integration: Shows high and average core temperature.
    • GPU-Z integration: Shows sensors.

Modules:
    • CLK World clock with daylight savings time support and many time zones. Click to switch time zone.
    • STW Stopwatch. Click to start/lap. Long-click to stop/reset. Can also work without laptimes (see lcdsirreal.txt for details).
    • SPK Speaker switcher. Click to switch between two speaker settings, for example 5.1 and headphones.
    • NET Net history. Shows the last few seconds network load (in or out) or the total amount of data passed. Click to change display mode.
    • AMP WinAMP integration. Shows average bitrate and time remaining. Click to re-display current song title. Long-click to enable/disable continous display of song title.
    • TS2 TeamSpeak2 integration. Shows number of players on server (small font) and in the current channel (large font). Shows mic status (mute, idle, speaking). Shows current speakers, players entering and leaving the server and more. Click to mute/unmute mic. Long-click to show who's in the current channel.
    • TS3 TeamSpeak3 integration. Shows number of players on server (small font) and in the current channel (large font). Shows mic status (mute, idle, speaking). Shows current speakers. Click to mute/unmute mic. Long-click to show who's in the current channel.
    • FPS FRAPS integration. Shows the current FPS, if it is nonzero. Note that FRAPS must be minimized or it won't provide FPS counts.
    • FAN SpeedFan integration. Show selected value. Click to change value to display. Long-click to enable/disable auto-cycle of display.
    • TUN iTunes integration. Shows average bitrate and time remaining. Click to re-display current song title. Long-click to enable/disable continous display of song title.
    • CPU Shows individual core load, average load as percentage, CPU load histogram or free memory status. Click to switch display mode, long-click to show LCDSirReal uptime, average CPU used and current memory usage.
    • RIP Detects unresponsive programs. When detected, shows start of window title. Click to show entire window title. Long-click to terminate the program.
    • COR CoreTemp integration. Shows the high and average core temperatures.
    • GPU GPU-Z integration. Shows sensor data. Click to switch sensor, long-click to show sensor name.

Known problems:
    • Some G15 keyboards are sensitive to ESD (electrostatic discharges). Should the LCD display go blank and the LCD buttons become unresponsive, try stopping LCDMon.exe, the Logitech LCD monitor application (you can use CTRL+mediastopbutton to do this). LCDSirReal will detect that it's no longer running and start it again. Remove peripherals connected to the keyboard's USB ports. Consider contacting Logitech for a replacement keyboard.
    • The unread mail indicator (both in LCDSirReal and Logitech's bundled plugin) may show an incorrect number of unread mails. This is a problem with the mail client. Microsoft Outlook is known to be very buggy. Try Mozilla Thunderbird. Also, see this link.
    • The TeamSpeak2 application can under stress break down with regard to it's IPC (interprocess communications) system. If this happens, LCDSirReal will show 'WAIT' in the TS2 slot. LCDSirReal will keep trying to reconnect indefinately. To fix it immediately, restart the TeamSpeak2 application.
    • It should be noted that none of the above problems are caused by LCDSirReal; I'm just tired of answering questions regarding these issues in forums.
    • It may or may not work on Windows 2000 and below. Note that the Logitech G15 software itself lists Windows XP as a requirement.

Before reporting a problem:
    • Make sure you are running Logitech's latest drivers. Hint: The "Update" button they provide doesn't work. Check their website.
    • Include the contents of the system.txt file in your problem report. Look for this file in My Documents\LCDSirReal.
    • Include the last few lines of the errors.txt file in your problem report. Look for this file in My Documents\LCDSirReal.

Registering LCDSirReal:
    From version 2.7.0 forwards, LCDSirReal has a nag box. I'll keep 2.6.7 around for download for those who really, really hate nag boxes and can't afford the five euros. If you register, you'll receive a code to disable the nag box. The nag box always appears in the leftmost slot. It appears more frequently the longer you leave LCDSirReal running. After 10 hours of runtime, the nag box will be shown constantly. Restarting LCDSirReal resets this timer. Clicking the nag box button shows a donation text. Long-clicking opens the LCDSirReal home page.

What others say:
    Last edited by SirReal; July 5th, 2010 at 06:32 PM.

What's new in 1.0:
    - Network traffic monitoring
    - lcdsirreal.txt configuration file
    - CTRL+STOP to kill LCDMon
    - autostart LCDMon if it isn't running

Good job!

Hi you have a new Version, please edit your link to http://6plut.se/files/G15/lcdsirreal11.zip THX

Nice Work - THX

Changes in v1.2:
    • If Teamspeak isn't running, shows WinAMP play time and average bitrate, and button 4 will re-display the current song title.
    • Allow the user to choose date and time formatting.
    • Compatible with the WinAMP spam plugin for Foobar2000: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...howtopic=42941
    • In TS2 current channel users list, users that are Away or Muted are shown in parenthesis.
    • Log spam-control; prevents WinAMP/Foobar2K from clogging up the log queue.
    • Allow user to select time zones for world clock
    • FIX: Don't attempt to restart LCDMon.exe if Windows is shutting down.

Very nice and works fine.

Can you make the Users Names smaller? And show longer?
    as Example "G15 TeamSpeak Schmads"

Than were your Script perfect.

Changes in v2.0:

Partial rewrite and code refactoring. Stripped unneeded symbols from executable. The (already absurdly small) executable is now even smaller.

• FIX: Speaker switch could fail to switch on some setups.
    • Module switching: Use CTRL+softbutton to change module in a slot.
    • User-selectable module display.
    • Allow both speaker setups to be user selectable.
    • Added FPS module; FRAPS integration.
    • Added NET module; shows network statistics.

Hi, i was using SirReal's v1.2 with no problem and i think is the best plug in for g15 you can find ont he net, really a nice work!

I've just downloaded the new version 2.0 but it fail to start, i get a message : "Could not start LCDMon.exe" and can't find a way for fix this problem.

I'm using winXP 64bit, and didn't had any problem with the 1.2v, can you help me? I really love this plugin and want to use it!

Thx for your help

Have do you kill the Task?
    Look At taskmanager for LCDSirReal if do you found that kill it

Do you change the configfile?

sure i killed the task i tryed many ways but nothing to do, i had to reinstall the v1.2

Bug with 2.0

I'm playing World of Warcraft and i use your great work.

but when someone speaking the name doesn't appear (or later). The plugin seems doesn't work fine when the cpu is most sollicitated in games.
    Sometimes the picture with the mike disapeared (blank).

this problems doesn't appear with the 1.2 version.

thanks for your job !

Bastian Guest
    Please add your project to our offcial Third Party Resources section.
    You can find more information about this section in our website FAQ.

@ iolollo: I don't have XP64, so I can't test it. There's code that might or might not help coming in 2.1.
    @ Zebulon: I realize english isn't your native language, but please try to be clearer. I'm not sure I understand what's happening (or isn't) and under what conditions.
    @ Bastian: I'll do that after 2.1 is released.

Oki thx, i'll wait v2.1!

Changes in v2.1:

• Changed FRAPS runtime checking to be less intrusive.
    • Added errors.txt error logging file.
    • Not detecting LCDMon.exe as running still allows attempt to use LCD.
    • If mail checking isn't available in the OS (Win2K and lower), don't use it.
    • Added 'include' command in lcdsirreal.txt
    • Changed TS2 interface thread priority class from IDLE to LOWEST.

Starting with this version, I need users reporting a problem to include the 'errors.txt' file (if it exists). It will be created in the same directory as LCDSirReal.exe is located when an error is detected.

Thread Information