Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Lightbulb A few suggestions

1. Add default channels like "Away" or "Gaming"
    2. Make it so that you can have a comment next to your name.
    3. Add more imput and output amplifiiers.
    4. Add special effects like surround sounds.
    5. Add TTS (Text to Speech)
    6. More admin commands
    7. Have a system for chat.

Thanks!

Bastian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmusky
    1. Add default channels like "Away" or "Gaming"
    Why? The admin can decide for himself which channels he want to have on his server. Is it to difficult to create 2 channels?
    2. Make it so that you can have a comment next to your name.
    This might be a nice feature. However I don't know how I would use it and if some poeple wouldn't abuse it.
    3. Add more imput and output amplifiiers.
    What do you mean? Automatic volume level normalization? This is already part of TeamSpeak 2 but sometimes doesn't work as expected.
    4. Add special effects like surround sounds.
    Why would you need that? A players microphone can only record mono and the best thing he can do is recording stereo from another source. We are talking about a voice communication application here, not a home cinema entertainment system.
    5. Add TTS (Text to Speech)
    Ok, but could you please show me a free or at least affordable TTS engine that produces acceptable voice output? What I've seen so far is either much to expensive or the voice quality is really bad. Microsoft Sam is really not what I want to hear all the time.
    6. More admin commands
    Could you please explain in detail which commands are missing?
    7. Have a system for chat.
    There is already a chat system in TeamSpeak 2.

1. adding default channels. Was just a suggestions, nothing to big.

2. Addind comment is really nice because you can post server ip's so others can connect. (easy to copy and past things) You can display if you are away or you are at your computer. etc...

3. Being able to amplifie inbound controls

4. There are a bunch of things that you can add:

-3D Surround: Direct all sound to come from 3D positional space. Used with 5.1 speakers or higher.

-Frequency: Increasing or decreasing the frequency changes the perceived pitch of the audio data. Frequencies above 100% are not available for voice streams.

-Reverb: Prolongs a sound giving it a reverberating effect. Similar to being in a concert hall. Should not to be confused with Echo.

-Param EQ: A parametric equalizer amplifies or attenuates signals of a given frequency.

-Compressor: Compression is a reduction in the fluctuation of a signal above a certain amplitude.

-Pan: Pan the sound from left to right. This would also be called Balance.

These are just some of the things that I found. Some of them are cool(for me) but other might be cool for other people as well. (from vent)

5. Adding TTS: People like this program. I don't know why, they just do. I like it because it will tell you who has joined the server and what channel they have joined. Instead of "Player joined" or "User joined"

6. More admin commands- Was hoping someone would add to it. I think it's fine. (prolly shouldn't have put it in)

7. Chat system- I mean something that we all can join in together instead of have to send private messages to eachother. Something like msn, where we can join it and talk to eachother.

Thanks!!!

Bastian Guest
    3. Being able to amplifie inbound controls
    I still don't understand what you mean.
    [...]
    These are just some of the things that I found. Some of them are cool(for me) but other might be cool for other people as well. (from vent)
    There are so called "voice changers" you can use to do that. I really don't want to have this as an integrated feature in upcoming TeamSpeak versions. Those kiddies pitching their voice up and down until you can't even understand what they say are pissing me off. Imagine everybody could simply change some settings to change the pitch, add surround effects and such. This would be annoying and nothing more.
    5. Adding TTS: People like this program. I don't know why, they just do. I like it because it will tell you who has joined the server and what channel they have joined. Instead of "Player joined" or "User joined"
    Which program? Do you know what TTS means? See Wikipedia. TTS is not a program. It's only a type of software. And professional TTS-software is most likely to expensive to integrate it into a free software like a free TeamSpeak client. And no, Microsoft Sam is not a professional TTS engine, it's simply annoying.
    6. More admin commands- Was hoping someone would add to it. I think it's fine. (prolly shouldn't have put it in)
    You still didn't say what you want.
    7. Chat system- I mean something that we all can join in together instead of have to send private messages to eachother. Something like msn, where we can join it and talk to eachother.
    Again: we are talking about voice communication software here. TeamSpeak is not an instant messenger or chat program. You can't even use the chat features while you are in a game. And TeamSpeak has been designed for gaming, not for chatting.

There all just suggestions... If you are going to criticize everything that I put on here then why do you respond to the suggestions? Wow... just because you don't like something dosn't mean that everyone else is the same way. You know what... Forget about it. I just put in my 2 cents worth and that's all I'm going to say...

Bastian Guest
    Instead of giving feedback on your suggestions, I could simply ignore or delete them as most of what you write has either already been suggested or does not make that much sense. Would that be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmusky View Post

-3D Surround: Direct all sound to come from 3D positional space. Used with 5.1 speakers or higher.

-Frequency: Increasing or decreasing the frequency changes the perceived pitch of the audio data. Frequencies above 100% are not available for voice streams.

-Reverb: Prolongs a sound giving it a reverberating effect. Similar to being in a concert hall. Should not to be confused with Echo.

-Param EQ: A parametric equalizer amplifies or attenuates signals of a given frequency.

-Compressor: Compression is a reduction in the fluctuation of a signal above a certain amplitude.

-Pan: Pan the sound from left to right. This would also be called Balance.

I completely disagree that people need to be able to modify the frequency that they out put. It is really wasted time in coding since it is a fluff feature. What we do need is actual mixing controls though. Why are we not able to drop a compressor or an EQ on someone yet? For example - Someone in my server has a lot of 80-120Hz background noise (something with his mic I think, no matter). I would really like to be able to drop a parametric in line on his signal to reduce the problem range. I'm not asking for a graph just a measly 6 setting parametric.

Also, we are gamers (a lot/most of us). We get excited/angry and occasionally yell. How has neither an overall compressor for TS with proper "Attack", "Release", "Ratio", etc, not been implemented nor one that you can apply on a user by user basis (set in the contact screen maybe?)?

If I am simply unable to locate this feature in TS3, someone please correct me.

Thread Information