Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well the TeamSpeak community management is obviously crap; they don't do anything to keep people informed. But meanwhile one could guess that also the programmers are really bad and cannot manage to do their work. But even if TS3 will be ready anytime it will be interesting if they change their license policy like ventrilo did from version 2.1 to 2.2 ...
    Well there's only one way, use any other VoIP solution (there are also some quite nice new coming open source projects at the moment) or use (like the most people do atm) ventrilo 2.1 if you need unlimited slots for private usage or ventrilo 3.0 if 8 slots are enough for you... and good bye TeamSpeak and the hope for a better TeamSpeak 3

Quote Originally Posted by Katana*GFR* View Post
    You're not gonna get that info, period..

Were all waiting for TS3, wether it is for free hosting or for paid hoster's.
    Just suck the questions about timelines up and wait silently like the all of us.
    While we "waiting silently", Ventrilo wins every and each fight.
    It is always embedded in just EVERY product that I've heard about (and I absolutely not visit Ventrilo website, all the info I'm getting directly from the products I'm using/touching in my work).

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    It is always embedded in just EVERY product that I've heard about (and I absolutely not visit Ventrilo website, all the info I'm getting directly from the products I'm using/touching in my work).
    embedded? which products ? please tell me some... maybe you mix up vent with vivox?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana*GFR* View Post
    dragging feet to find a solution? TS2 always worked fine for me.. And alot of others..
    Teamspeak's audio codecs are really fuzzy, even with all codecs turned on (unless I can switch others on) I can't find one that sounds decent enough to validate not using in-game voice, also I need OSX support (though TS has an iffy OSX solution, we don't have tech-savvy people on OSX). Just the sound quality alone makes us take in-game voice over TS2, which isn't that good to begin with.

Ventrilo we have 8 slot server downloads or we rent them. I run my own Linux server, I don't want to rent something I can run myself. I don't have a problem with buying (at a reasonable price), but Ventrilo doesn't give me the option. That and from what they offer server-side their software is complete crap.

Mumble/Murmur was okay, however I had audio issues, however that could stem from an audio issue I'm having with my motherboard. Again no OSX support, overlays are AWESOME, however to get it working decently you need to go into advanced options... which already confuses some of our guildies.

Teamspeak is in the best position to kick total butt, they have superior licensing, management, and interface software, all I really care about is the codec which in the end is the most important to the end user.
    Last edited by StrangeWill; May 11th, 2008 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    I have never heard of any product that uses ventrilo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I have never heard of any product that uses ventrilo.
    Here's my favorite quote from the Ventrilo website:

"Ventrilo 3.0.0 is the next evolutionary step of Voice over IP (VoIP) group communications software. Ventrilo is also the industry standard by which all others measure themselves as they attempt to imitate its features."

That's so true! Ventrilo 3.0.0 introduced per channel codecs (not supported on non-commercial servers) and key combinations for bindings (such as STRG+X). I can't think of any other software... wait a minute... TeamSpeak had these features for almost five years.

And it bets better..

2. GRANT OF LICENSE. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you
    may install a single copy of the Software on one (1) Server owned or leased by you and
    allow up to eight (8) Client Computers to access and use the Software for non-
    commercial purposes, provided no fee is charged either directly or indirectly for access
    and use of the Software.

AND

4.1.8 You agree not to use any kind of router, firewall or other internet device to
    redirect IP or port numbers to obscure the actual IP address and port number of
    any of your Servers on which the Software is installed.

This makes ventrilo a HUUUUUUGE security risk. Why would i want to run something that requires me to run no kind of server security AND limits me to 8 uers? I'll use either skype for my personal stuff and TS2 for my clan stuff..especialy with TS's new user licensing.

Arrgghhh

I've said this before, and it was deleted, so read it while you can.

Its getting rediculous. It doesn't take this long to develope a peice of software.

Microsoft developed an OS in 7 years, Apple Developed OSX, the best OS to date, in less than 4. GAME developers develope games in less time. Theres no real reason TS3 should not be out. The developers are simply slacking off and outright lazy.

I'm no programmer, but its common sense. The very VERY least they could do is implement some half decent codecs into TS2 for the time being.

There are well known tech blogs, and news sites, INCLUDING CNET, who are in the process of publishing stories on this very subject, Teamspeak 3. I happen to know that CNET is publishing a story documenting when it was announced, how long its taking, and is going to point out suitable replacements.

Now, I'm still a teamspeak fan, and have no doubt that teamspeak 3 will trump the competition, but for crying out loud, get a move on. Give us more details, instead of telling us "ts3 technology has been released a different way...etc". I for one, a huge teamspeak mark, DON'T CARE! I want to see a product I CAN USE, and ENJOY. This TS2 crap quality is unacceptable! You OWE us that, your loyal fans and users. You OWE us an explanation whether you think so or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ravendizzle View Post
    Give us more details
    which details you want ?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    which details you want ?
    How about a release date? After more than 4 years (5 maybe? its been so long I've stopped counting....), there should be one. Instead of telling us how your selling out to other companies, giving the technology to them as opposed to finishing a product that has been "in development" (and I use that term loosely, as development must have stopped 2 years ago for it to take THIS long), for a fan/userbase that has been loyal.

we are currently evaluating work from several graphic artists to be considered as an icon set within the TS3 client. Once we have a presentable set of icons available, the chances of you seeing the first screenshots of a more complete TS3 client will rise dramatically .
    What the heck is that? Chances of a screenshot? CHANCES? You want good icons? I'm a web developer and professional designer, tell me what the icons are for, and I'll make you a set of icons that will BLOW your mind! Just give me some of that sweet TS3!! Its REDICULOUS!! As if I haven't said that enough. Do you know how much it sucks having to pay 40$ a month for a ventrilo server of 50 slots, a good codec, and good support, when I already have a server box, and wouldn't need support if I could run it for free (ala: TS). Do you know how many other people have this problem? Its a pain in the butt!

Long time fans are giving up on you already! A year ago I wouldn't have even thought of such a thing, but thinking about it now, a year later, I'm ready to throw up my hands and quit waiting for you. We want this product so bad, and have been for years, buts its turning into another Duke Nukem Forever, which is basically never gonna happen. There is NO reason it shouldn't have been done by now, or even a year ago for that matter.

I love you guys, you made a great product in TS2, but its old technology. Theres no way it should take this long. Like I said, even if you implemented up to date codecs in TS2, everyone would be happy, and TS3 would (hopefully) change the interface (whoever picked that purple design....sheesh).
    Last edited by ravendizzle; May 12th, 2008 at 12:13 PM.

TS3 has been worked on since 2004.. Come on, it's just a program not a complete OS. I can't believe how long it's taking.. So yeah, face it: It's never coming out.

numbnuts.. You are the guy sruining our chances to get some more info.. The more you bark the longer it will take...

The more I bark the longer it'll take? If thats the kind of people those programmers are, I'll stick to Ventrilo for christ sake.

I'm just trying to tell them, that 99% of the Teamspeak fanbase has grown tired of waiting a rediculous amount of time for TS3. They're slacking off. Plain and simple, and nobody can tell anybody otherwise, its just plain common sense and logic.

Somebody has to say it, because 4 years is rediculous. Grow yourself a spine Katana.

Its the truth. Hopefully by the time 2012 rolls around, we'll get at least a beta.

Ok

i am agree with ravendizzle we wait ts3 since 4 years it'sn very very long time the last news date is 21 february 2008 since 3 months

the teamspeak programmer can add best codecs in ts2 now for waiting the future TS3 why not put on the teamspeak website the link for the developper blog ?

why not launch a ts3 beta version now too?

we want recent news thank you for your reply

teamspeak is the best communication software but old technology codec

sorry for my english i am french.

Quote Originally Posted by marseille_team View Post
    i am agree with ravendizzle we wait ts3 since 4 years it'sn very very long time the last news date is 21 february 2008 since 3 months

the teamspeak programmer can add best codecs in ts2 now for waiting the future TS3 why not put on the teamspeak website the link for the developper blog ?

why not launch a ts3 beta version now too?

we want recent news thank you for your reply

teamspeak is the best communication software but old technology codec

sorry for my english i am french.
    Very well said. Your english is fine

Thread Information