Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow TS3 Release Soon(?)

Thus says the home page (emphasis added):
    TeamSpeak.com Is Now Our New Home!
    Written by Florence on June 02, 2007 21:13 CEST

Fellow TeamSpeak community, we are proud to announce that we have acquired the TeamSpeak.com domain, and in due time we will be migrating everything from GoTeamSpeak.com to TeamSpeak.com. In addition, a new website is soon to follow which will introduce and formally announce our upcoming, next generation product TeamSpeak 3.

We are very excited about what we have in store to accomplish and reveal to you in the near future, and we thank you for continuing to make TeamSpeak your VoIP product of choice. Please stay tuned to our website, update your bookmarks, and let us be the first to welcome you to TeamSpeak.com.

Thank you.
    Does this mean that TS3 will be released when the new website is launched (simultaneously), or that the new website will be used to release TS3 at some point after that?

Does this mean that TS3 will be released when the new website is launched (simultaneously)
    No it does not, we release the new website, and then later some time TS3. The new website will just have some mention about TS3 being in the works.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

OK thanks, keep up the good work!

A new developer's blog post would help bunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No it does not, we release the new website, and then later some time TS3. The new website will just have some mention about TS3 being in the works.
    Will the community recieve information on how TS3 will be built up, like new features, db-structures (short: info on API and docs) before the release of TS3?

I think the community would be very pleased with this.

My two cents..

Quote Originally Posted by tore- View Post
    Will the community recieve information on how TS3 will be built up [...] ?
    That would disturb their whole marketing campaign I guess. Not saying a word is indeed a great thing.

Marketing? When was that an issue? It just seems to me that it would be good marketing, like you call it, to prepare the users of the software, espesially thoose who pay to use it, should get a head start to prepare their system for v3.

But differente people, different mind

Bastian Guest
    Espesially thoose who pay to use it WILL get a head start to prepare their system for v3.

Do they have a date that they might be try to push for on the release?

what a comment...

...we release the new website, and then later some time TS3.
    Rofl Oh man... sounds like "We have time, f*** how long the people wait... it comes... some time... maybe in 2, 3 Years... or something... but it comes... some time"

Whats the matter? To few infos from the team or what?
    Give us some clear Detail, which quater for example?

You're not gonna get that info, period..

Were all waiting for TS3, wether it is for free hosting or for paid hoster's.
    Just suck the questions about timelines up and wait silently like the all of us.

I wonder how many other guilds like mine are dragging our feet finding a VOIP solution to hold us over till we can get our hands on a beta of TS3.

It's not the time we are waiting for, few months before I hadn't waist any thoughts about a third version. It was the comment of this Team-Member "later some times" which I mean. A quarter, 4 months... this should be enought time to think if the team could finish their work or not, later in the next 4 months...

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeWill View Post
    I wonder how many other guilds like mine are dragging our feet finding a VOIP solution to hold us over till we can get our hands on a beta of TS3.
    dragging feet to find a solution? TS2 always worked fine for me.. And alot of others.

Quote Originally Posted by ShareVok View Post
    It's not the time we are waiting for, few months before I hadn't waist any thoughts about a third version. It was the comment of this Team-Member "later some times" which I mean. A quarter, 4 months... this should be enought time to think if the team could finish their work or not, later in the next 4 months...
    I get what you mean, but if you look in the graveyard / binned posts forum all you see is that answer. They don't give out a date to get pinned on..

It would be nice if we would know if they are thinking about a month, months, years or maybe even a decade before TS3 will be finished.

Thread Information