Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    m&m's Guest
    i switched while talking and noticed that the gsm was a bit better , less grainy sounding
    Last edited by m&m's; May 3rd, 2005 at 07:25 AM.

I really hope that we get new codec at least soon. My clan drive me crazy because they whine all the time how much better sound quality in Vetrilo is. I know it's better and would it be too much to ask that you release new version of TS2 where we can have at least same quality?

Most of the people have ADSL or some other high speed connection, so bandwide usage is not so big proglem anymore.

I also favored GSM 16,4 kbps over speeks 25,9 kbps.
    Speex's realm is real low bandwith if I remember.

Also, don't forget it can depend on microphones, ambient sound, and ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Musaran
    I also favored GSM 16,4 kbps over speeks 25,9 kbps.
    Speex's realm is real low bandwith if I remember.

Also, don't forget it can depend on microphones, ambient sound, and ear.
    No it doesn't. TS2 sound quality just isn't even near what it is in Vetrilo. How long time has past when we got new version of TS? 2 years?

And only news what we have seen is some crazy news that TS team has sold their souls to satan :P In other term they have made some deal with some company.

If we don't get any info or update, this prog will die, not fast but slowly.

i totally agree to the last post.. what's going on? Is teamspeak still in development? I read a post 2 years old, that you would release better codecs.. and you did. Speex 25.9. Still so far away from good.

I've been waiting for teamspeak with a better codec for a long time.
    As it is now, i'm actually using wine to get the ventrilo client running under linux.. it's not pretty, but everyone i know refuse to use teamspeak because of the sound quality.

Sad but true.. i'd much rather use teamspeak.

Speex is an excellent codec, and given identical input will produce better sounding audio than most of it's competitors.

However, above 20kbit or so, all modern codecs compress voice only audio with no noticable distortions. The problem is that the input is usually voice and noise. A quick solution is to filter the noise away, and this teamspeak does not do. If you try the hack I posted at http://forum.goteamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=13720, that includes a preprocessor which removes the noise. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than what is currently in TS.

its this simple.

Most people use ventrilo cause it doesnt sound bad. This is thanks to GSM 6.1

Speex sounds lousy in comparison, I can tell immediately if i go from 1 to the other.

Its not 1995, most people have 1-12mbps connections.... and thats in the US which is pretty behind in a lot of cases

Support gsm, have options for lower quality codecs also for those that care about bandwidth

Quote Originally Posted by odin607 View Post
    its this simple.

Most people use ventrilo cause it doesnt sound bad. This is thanks to GSM 6.1

Speex sounds lousy in comparison, I can tell immediately if i go from 1 to the other.

Its not 1995, most people have 1-12mbps connections.... and thats in the US which is pretty behind in a lot of cases

Support gsm, have options for lower quality codecs also for those that care about bandwidth
    Congratulations for bumping this 3 year old thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltsu View Post
    Congratulations for bumping this 3 year old thread!
    as much as it sucks that he bumped a three year old thread, it sucks even more that this app still sounds like shit after 6 years since this thread was started....drop some more codecs in this thing and make a lot of people happy...wtf...seriously...6 years??

Thread Information