Forum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TS on iPhone ?

maybe it works...

look at this link i have found it in google =)
    but its in german!
    LINK

I'm using exactly this way and it works perfect.
    It works with the internet-connection EDGE good too!

It's a really cool App and the price is really acceptable for these functions.

I use TeamSpeak on my iPhone with no issues. Look for an app called "PhoneSpeex"

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    we will do a decision on that after ts3 is public.
    /bump

Also, does anyone know if PhoneSpeex is planned to be compatible w/ TS3? The website doesn't say much about it, other than that a lot of people are asking for it.

I think from what I find on the www that it will be implemented later on, remember that TS3 is only in a beta mode, and new versions of both client and server is updating rapidly.

So I guess we will have to wait for the final TS3 server and client to surface before we can get an iPhone client.

When this is said, the Phonespeex for my iPhone is working perfectly and I love to use this client to check in to see if my buddies are online hooked up playing on the battlefield2 In that way I do not have to warm up some pc just to check in on the guys...

If I would have to pay same price for a new phonespeex app to communicate with TS3, I would have absolutely no problem about that

Also if you love the BF2 game and prefer to play as a team rather than playing solo, then you should really check our site for more info: sfs.servegame.org and join in!

You will find that we play for the kick of it! We would welcome all levels regarding skills, asuming that we are happy to help out others, as well as getting new impulses to improve our selves

Wink really good idea

hey, im going to have a look at the sdk and see what i and do about making this possible

Question

so there is a PhoneSpeex App that works with Team Speak 2 servers. but not with TS 3... any news on new apps developed for TS3? i'm really keen on this idea. is TEAMSPEAK thinking of creating their own official app for the IOS 4.0 iphone / ipod / ipad?

phonespeex

More info

FEATURES:

- Mobile TeamSpeak 2 client, optimized for an on-the-go experience.
    - Local addressbook.
    - Two-way voice chat with speex codec.
    - Voice activation.
    - Server and channel passwords.
    - Receive text and chat messages.
    - Display of channel and player information.
    - Player status notifications.
    - Low bitrate speech (Speex codec only).

PLANNED FOR FUTURE RELEASES:

- Send text and chat messages.
    - Register with server.
    - Sounds for actions like connect, player joined, etc.
    - Automatic channel join on login.

NOT SUPPORTED:

TeamSpeak 3
    PhoneSpeex is a great match for the iPhone since it allows you to chat with your TeamSpeak buddies on the go, however, it currently lacks several features that the (free) desktop version provides, notably:

- As the name implies, *** PhoneSpeex only supports channels using the Speex codec ***.
    - You cannot administer other users using PhoneSpeex.
    - There's no Web Server List browser, but you can refer to http://www.tsviewer.com to find servers to add.
    - PhoneSpeex requires a microphone for voice, so will not work with 1st generation iPod Touch. 2nd generation iPod Touch requires a headphone with microphone capability plugged in.
    What's new

Features:
    - Supports Bluetooth audio on iPhone.

Bug fixes:
    - Audio works better on iPod Touch now.
    - Fixed a problem loading channels on some servers in some cases.

TS3 support would be great. TS3's never making it out of beta and the clients never change that much with each iteration (ie. Never actually had a problem if I don't update for a month or two). Does anyone actually still use TS2?

It would be awesome if there is any posibility that you provide an app for the iphone, that works with teamspeak 3 :-) .... would be very great!

I hope that such an app will be developed soon !

iPhone App

Hello Devs!

I would be willing to pay $2.99 for an iPhone port of the TS3 client. Is there any plans or ideas on porting TS to mobile clients for those of use who like to chat with friends remotely when we are AFK?

Thank you!

TeamSpeak 3 will support mobile platforms at some point in the future. Please be patient young padawan.

Thats good to hear. The sooner the better...

Ventrilo has a working one named Ventriliod on the Andriod Market.

I think TeamSpeak 3 needs to include this add-on fast!

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    TeamSpeak 3 will support mobile platforms at some point in the future. Please be patient young padawan.

Good to hear that. I can just imagine the day I can chat with people on iPhone to keep in touch with the games that I would play in the future while I was in bathroom or eating. It will be really exciting, and I wouldn't really mind paying for it as long as cost is reasonable (I know you have to pay Apple Developer License $99/year to get it app-store approved http://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/ , so I think it's only fair. Of course, I'd prefer it to be free lol.)

I think TeamSpeak 3 needs to include this add-on fast!
    I think the devs can take as long as they feel like it. Why do we need to compete for launch time again? Last time I checked, iPad2 has light leak, and iOS 4.3 wifi issues, mail crashing, etc, presumably in a race for launch time. I'd rather it to be done well than done for the sake of comparing with Ventrilo. Ventrilo looks like crap compared to TS3 anyway.

Thread Information