Forum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TS on iPhone ?

Solved TS on iPhone ?

I have been using Teamspeak for a while now... and i just got myself the iphone...
    So i looked at all the stuff i could add to it, and i found that i could go on skype on my iPhone. But, i don't really like skype, so i thought that maybe there is a TS for the iPhone, but no...
    I think it would be cool to have TS on the iPhone, your there walking around in the city, talkingto your friends playing Counter Strike ou World of Warcraft etc...
    Anyways, if there is a TS for mobiles/iPhone, please let me know because i haven't found any yet :'(

darkbean

Question Doesn't make sense.

One question, why the heck would you want TeamSpeak on your phone?

what's the point?

because i wont have to log on my PC to go on TS. i just think that it would be cool to have ts not only for the iphone but for any other mobile device with an internet connection+mic. that way you can not only communicate for free but with the same servers as on your PC, on the go.
    Well its just a suggestion, but i thought that if skype can do it, why not teamspeak ?

Someone told me that the unofficial TeamSpeak 2 client for Mac OS X (TeamSpeex) is working on the iPhone but since I don't have (and won't get) an iPhone myself, I could not test it.

With the initial release, TeamSpeak 3 will natively support PCs running Windows or Linux operating systems and off-course on both PPC- and Intel-based Macintosh computers. Support for additional operating systems and platforms might be added later.

could there be a TS web app ?

Quote Originally Posted by darkbean View Post
    could there be a TS web app ?
    I don't think so.

Thumbs down iphone=anything with a internet connection

I've wanter TS on my PDA for years and have come up with solutions to access my home pc thile i'm running errands.Skype lets you transmit sounds and RealVNC lets you control the PC. I've hosted a few Guild meetings on my PC and i've not been at home but across town. Slight delay and you have to modify sound sources with the audio settings. But a mobile TS is doable. its just not a Native Mobile TS.

so badgering a good suggestion. tisk tisk.

as the iPhone runs a version of OSX, i dont see why, once you've jailbreaked it, an iPhone couldnt run the TS client... Assuming theres an OSX version of TS, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by rikai View Post
    as the iPhone runs a version of OSX, i dont see why, once you've jailbreaked it, an iPhone couldnt run the TS client... Assuming theres an OSX version of TS, that is.
    Or you'd use the official SDK and make a real one. available throught the app store.
    Easy as pie!

This would be AWESOME. And it could have suppport for the iPod Touch too I could walk around NYC and get me wifi and talk to my friends while they gaming

and how te heck would you speak to them? how do you get mic? wtf think with your brain, ipod touch have no mic your nut... OMG

nvm, was confues with iphone.. didnt see the part were is turned off to ipod..

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabeirut View Post
    and how te heck would you speak to them? how do you get mic? wtf think with your brain, ipod touch have no mic your nut... OMG
    iPod Touch supports microphones.

hmm, a question:

If you install on a normal phone windows mobile or Linux, you should connect via UMTS to the server, or is that impossible ( max ping ? ).

Quote Originally Posted by GrexAut View Post
    If you install on a normal phone windows mobile or Linux, you should connect via UMTS to the server, or is that impossible ( max ping ? ).
    When using my phone as a modem, I could connect to TeamSpeak.
    iPhone has an ARM cpu so I have to emulate alot to get TeamSpeak on it

Thread Information