Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TS on iPhone ?

TS on iPhone

Sure I can see many reasons for it. I support a number of game servers and gaming websites.. The ability to be ANYWHERE and get on TS would be a huge help. Even better if someone made a Steam Community client for it as well...

Exclamation Whaaaaaa pls !!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by [AA]Deepy View Post
    When using my phone as a modem, I could connect to TeamSpeak.
    iPhone has an ARM cpu so I have to emulate alot to get TeamSpeak on it
    So at first my english is not that good as yours
    I HOPE and I really hope that in future there will be a TS app for the iPhone !!!
    and when the Teamspeak team says that I have to pay for it... I WILL PAY !!!
    The ARM-CPU thats a big problem, but i definitly think when TS3 is fully available and the coders are finished with that, they will work on a TS Client for mobile devices.

So if anybody hear me out there (mhh hope so, this is the www. i think i am a lucky one xD) it would be so cool if there will be an TS CLient !!!!

Pls TS Team pls say that u will do this for us !!! Pls !!!!

greez

Possible Clarification

When I looked through the forums to see if TS was working on an iPhone application, I saw a lot of criticism from people because TS is used by gamers. I am involved in an Internet-Based radio station, and we use TS to help each other with computer issues, etc. To assume only gamers want it is ridiculous, and people who assume such I thought just didn't know.

It would just be nice to be able to handle all the busy work where ever there is a hotspot, instead of waiting to get home. Besides, our radio station is in German, and most people based in Germany, while I sit here in Colorado. It is quite difficult, not to mention expensive, to hold something like that over the phone.

-Chubbins

P.S.: And having a TS for iPhone isn't as bad as some other useless applications that make way more money.

we will do a decision on that after ts3 is public.

that would be awesome. a small client for iphones and symbian systems with not all features of full ts3 but the basic for comunication. iphone and new nokia's are made to use on internet and all brands(i'm not english not know how to say that) have many offers to get internet with a month subscription.
    And there are so many wireless points that a mobile ts would work for good. Peple could set special channels for mobiles with low codec so they don't spend so much money. this system can revolutionize the world communication system.
    U can also set a feature that set u afk and semi-afk. If afk the phone won't use internet at all. If semi-afk the phone won't use internet but if someone want to talk with you it can send you a request and if you accept the teamspeak will turn back on

Not the same as an app for your IPhone but this is one solution that works for me.

http://weknow.to/site/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=1003

This way when you go afk set it up to answer and direct the sound into TS.
    boom your in TS on your phone

I just wanted to voice my support for an iPhone version of TS. Being able to check-in on whats going on, anytime from anywhere is very cool! I wouldn't even mind paying up to a few dollars in order to have the ability.

Lightbulb Just use Phonespeex

You can download it on appstore it's created for teamspeak

http://images.appshopper.com/screenshots/312/212344.jpg

Just downloaded Phonespeex from the app store and it works great. $4.99 price tag but it connected with no issues and a buddy said he could hear me perfectly. A few of drawbacks to it:

No voice activated chat yet. Set to come out in a later release and the TS server must be running the speex codec in the room you join. You also can't use it on the cellular network, wi-fi only.

Other than those few items I am very impressed and it is well worth the money. It is well worth many of the other apps you buy on the store for more money.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...312212344&mt=8

Phonespeex worx like a charm!

Smile

They just came out with an update this week and phonespeex now has voice activation and allows you to connect from the 3G/Cellular network now. It is a definate must have. The price of $4.99 is well worth it. I jumped on my TS server while I was out at the park walking the dog to see what some friends were up to, no wi-fi available, and it was clear as a bell. This program is awesome.

Damn, now i need a iPhone...

Maybe someone can make a Addon for iphone, theres a sdk out right ?

a generic version would be good, so it will work with blackberrys, nokia ect

Quote Originally Posted by robbo98 View Post
    a generic version would be good, so it will work with blackberrys, nokia ect
    Agreed, I'd personally like to see it as an app for Palm Pre!

Thread Information