Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What do you want, disable the weblist? Right click on your virtual server, fifth tab, uncheck the checkbox at the bottom of the window.

i know this sounds stupid, but where do you find this exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    What do you want, disable the weblist? Right click on your virtual server, fifth tab, uncheck the checkbox at the bottom of the window.
    Hello.

Tools --> Edit Virtual Server --> Tab "Misc" --> Uncheck "Enable reporting to server list"

Greetings.

Thank-you
    Will see if it starts up without needing to connect to the internet.

Help on getting my ts3 to work on my site

I have a www.net site and we currently hot a server off a home computer and if it goes down the ip changes and we have to change ip all time. Someone told me i can download files to install in a directory on my site to get the server to have the URL of our site for the ts3 ip and people can connect and as long as the site is up the server will never go down.

I was wondering on how i would do this and then they mentioned an (NPL) so i did that and got my key. But Where or (what) do i download and how do i go about putting the TS3 on my site? I have cpanal and a MYSql database. I just am not that good at doing all this server stuff for ts3 that i was wondering if there is someone that can do a step by step method i would have to do and where to go to get it to work on my site. Then when users go to our www.net for ip it will never be down unless our site or hosting goes down.

IF this is possible can someone guide me threw the way to do this? And if i did not mention or tell what i want clearly just ask and i will try to explain what im trying to do. Thank you

A Service like www.no-ip.com seems to be the easiest choice for you. It'll allow whoever is running the Server on his HomePC to give that a "name" which a software running on that same PC keeps up to date when his IP changes. You just use that name for everything you used to use the ip.

ok so what would be that program and how would i go about doing the .com

Post #2 and #6 do show, where you can get such a domain and they also offer tools.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

IP Address for TS

at the moment my ip address changes each day, until i get a fixed ip address - as a temp workaround, will i be able to simply change my server settings each day?, people who join will also need to change the logon address too - will this work in the short-term?

This thread was merged.
    Please use a custom DNS address for this problem.
    Last edited by dante696; September 1st, 2012 at 01:03 PM.

About IP change !

Hello..
    I am noob with computers so i need some help..
    First of all , i have a clan on a fps game named WarRock with 19 members..
    I needed to create a Team Speak server so i choosed TS3 over Mumble or Ventrilo...
    I have sucessfully created the server but my problem now is that it will be very difficult for the users to learn the new IP of the server every time i restart my rooter...
    I need someone to tell me what is the easiest way for members to be able to connect to the server without having to ask for the new IP over and over..
    My second question is how to keep server online 24/7 or something like that.
    Is it possible that the server could be ran from multiple computers allover the world
    Cause i could ask the Clan Staff to have the server and run it every time..
    Anyway i hope you understand and you can help me..
    Thank you.

~bugara1

I forgot to mention that everything you suggest should be free .(or very very cheap)

This thread was merged.
    Please use a DNS service like no-ip.org etc.
    Last edited by dante696; January 14th, 2013 at 03:44 PM.

Hi
    I'm having a problem with this :/
    I register to no-ip.com and downloaded the thing..I have my TS3 server ready..
    So i do everything and all works fine..
    after i restarted my pc i couldn't connect to the TS3 server via the free sub-domain anymore..
    HELP PLEASE

Well obviously if you shut down your pc, the server will stop and you'd have to start it again.
    Also your external ip might have changed and you will need to refresh the IP with the tool no-ip offers.

In addition to that you should also specify a fixed local ip for your pc, so that the port forwarding rules in the router won't become invalid because your internal ip changed. You can do that either in your router (if it supports that) or in the properties of your network adapter in windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Well obviously if you shut down your pc, the server will stop and you'd have to start it again.
    Also your external ip might have changed and you will need to refresh the IP with the tool no-ip offers.
    That's not it :/
    I'm not that stupid !

In addition to that you should also specify a fixed local ip for your pc, so that the port forwarding rules in the router won't become invalid because your internal ip changed. You can do that either in your router (if it supports that) or in the properties of your network adapter in windows.
    About that ..
    How do i do that exactly

TS3 server with dynamic ip address?

Hi guys. Im very new to all this and can't seem to find the solution after browsing through here for a while and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me out.

I have created a server on my home machine. It is for myself and a few other people i know and trust.

The thing is my isp does not provide a static external IP address and my address keeps changing, making it impossible for my friends to connect.

Is there any way around this. I have done a bit of research and ddns keeps coming to my attention.

Is there anyway to use this to fix my problem and if so, how?

Thanks so much in advance for your time.

Regards, Dan.

Yes, use ddns. There are several ddns providers around, where you can create your own dns hostname that will follow your changing IP address. You install an update client that updates the ddns system with your current ip as soon as you get a new one.

If you search for "ddns" or "dynamic dns" with Google, you will find quite some providers. Many want money, but some also offer free hosts that do not expire like a demo version.

Thread Information