Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

how to set up a dedicated teamspeak on a dynamic IP address

many people want to be able to run their own teamspeak servers from home, but the majority of the world have dynamic IP addresses that constantly change. so you constantly have to give your friends your new IP.

well, luckily theres an easy work around for this.

first off make sure your teamspeak server is installed on your system.

right now to actually start first off we're gonna change your dynamically changing IP into a static web address. so visit http://no-ip.com and register yourself for a free account and get a free subdomain. download the no-ip DUC client. install this on your system (its fairly straight forward) and log in so that the client updates to your current IP.

your pretty much done now tbh.

Just take the free subdomain that you registered (xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org) add the port number of your teamspeak server (xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org:8767) and just give this to your friends to add into the 'server address' box of their teamspeak

and you're done

Thanks! I just wish it wasnt such a long address. Is there any way I can just do this off of my own domain without having to transfer?

if you already have your own domain you can simply use that rather than setting up a sub domain with no-ip but can still use the client to update it. though i dnt know 100% on how to do this as i havent had to.

Quote Originally Posted by pooley182 View Post
    many people want to be able to run their own teamspeak servers from home, but the majority of the world have dynamic IP addresses that constantly change. so you constantly have to give your friends your new IP.

well, luckily theres an easy work around for this.

first off make sure your teamspeak server is installed on your system.

right now to actually start first off we're gonna change your dynamically changing IP into a static web address. so visit http://no-ip.com and register yourself for a free account and get a free subdomain. download the no-ip DUC client. install this on your system (its fairly straight forward) and log in so that the client updates to your current IP.

your pretty much done now tbh.

Just take the free subdomain that you registered (xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org) add the port number of your teamspeak server (xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org:8767) and just give this to your friends to add into the 'server address' box of their teamspeak

and you're done
    Wish it were that easy.

I have no problem connecting IP to IP. But have established A/c at no-ip (also tried DynDns) and have tried normal setup and also setup with port 80 redirect to 8767.

I cannot get a user to join.

I suspect a port issue but don't know what to do about it.

Cheers

it could just be a matter of forwarding ports for your server or something similar... also when you join the server from within your own network you ave to use the internal network ip of the machine... eg. 192.168.1.2:8767 or localhost:8767 if its running on the machine you're trying to connect to it from.

how do i get the free subdomain?

Solved How to make my Teamspeak3 Server Request IP to my no-ip domain?

How to make my Teamspeak3 Server Request IP to my no-ip domain?
    I don't want it request as IP...coz my state...IP is not fixed...it will always change...
    i just want like Teamspeak server Address...it's Domain type

Hello

Use a domain name service like www.dyndns.org.

This question has been answered many times. PLease use the search function

what i need to do after i registerd dyndns?... i still don't know how to make my TeamSpeak Server request IP to Domain ..NOT External IP

You have all information in the FAQ section on the dyndns website (and several tutos on google)...

i wan't to looks on my Server...like teamspeak server
    Address:
    voice.teamspeak.com:9987 <this show after connected

You need to go to the support page for either No-IP.com or DynDNS.com to get details on how to use the service.

http://www.no-ip.com/support/
    http://www.dyndns.com/support/?via=topnav

dyndns.com has a tutorial section on the support page.

This topic does not belong into our forum.
    Please add the DNS servie into oyur router or download the update client, from their weppgae.

WAN IP automatic update info

Hi.
    I have Teamspeak 3 and am slightly annoyed that it automaticly tries to update the WAN IP or something and when it fails nothing can connect to the server.
    I would like to know how to stop this because with my current internet connection the WAN IP and being on the public listings is of no use, and i already know what address to connect to.

Is there any way of telling it not to try to connect to the teamspeak servers?

Thanks

--Thread has been merged.--
    Last edited by dante696; March 8th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

I would use a domain service, but i still run into problems with out internet connection.
    We connect through a captive portal and all the internal ip addresses are 10.10.*.* and thats the address i want to know. something like dyndns doesn't find it nor do i want it to find it because it would cost too much to allow it outside the portal continuously. so things like dyndns won't work

Thread Information