Forum

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

[TS3] Call for Closed Alpha Testers!

Hi everybody,

we are currently searching for a few testers to join our closed alpha test-team. At this point we are looking for people using Mac OS X or Linux as their *primary* desktop System. So those of you that are using Windows most of the time, please don't bother to apply, your time will come at a later point (if you apply although you do not match the requirements we might also ignore your applications for further tests, even if you match the profile then :P)

Anyways, please read the requirements closely, and only apply if you meet them, we don't want to sort out our candidates from 1000 useless submissions, that will just waste our time. Thank you

Here is the link to the requirement list, and eventually also the apply form. READ IT CAREFULLY:

http://www.teamspeak.com/alpha/

We will leave this thread open for further discussion and also to keep you informed on how the Call for Testers is progressing...please don't spam the thread though, there is still no release date for TS3, we will work hard to get you something to download.

I'm going to set the over/under for number of people on Windows who apply anyway at 100. Any takers? :P

On a different note, is this client testing only or is this also server testing?

only client testing, this will make sure the server gets some load :/

Sweet, applied but did not add a forum account as I had none while applying.
    Can't wait for it, glad to see that update

You should have waited seven minutes before applying to reach 1337-o-clock...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    You should have waited seven minutes before applying to reach 1337-o-clock...

Lol, I always used to ask people "what's the time?" when it reached 13:37 They never noticed

What's the average time it takes for a reply to an application at the present time?

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    I don't think there's a fixed deadline. The application form will be disabled when the devs have found enough qualified testers. Simply submit your data if you think you meet all the requirements.

In the other topic

There have been *no* replies to any application yet, we are still waiting to give everybody a chance to apply, maybe sometime this week we will sift through them and arrange conferences with the promising candidates.

So, as per the form we are in Phase 1 at "Once we have received enough applications" . Lots of applications though, when we get time we will continue along the process as mapped out in the form...
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Will unsuccessful applicants be informed that they didn't meet the requirements? So that they don't have to keep returning to the forums to bother you

no. Those chosen will be notified.. If you didnt got a invitation to round 2 then you're out.

We will post when we move to Phase 2, before that post is out we are "pooling" your requests to make sure even people that don't frequent these forums every day get a chance to apply, so don't worry if you got no invitation to Phase 2 yet, nobody has (we currently plan to wait annother week or two)

Little question, I hope that fits in this thread... Is the first public release going to get released as an Alpha, Beta or RC-build, will we get an already completely finished build or will we be able to watch the progress made until the final build?

Quote Originally Posted by SWIZZ=claus= View Post
    Is the first public release going to get released as an Alpha, Beta or RC-build, will we get an already completely finished build or will we be able to watch the progress made until the final build?
    If everything goes as planned the first public build will be the Open Beta, meaning the features themselves should all be available, but some additional testing is required before we pronounce it final.

At first, when reading this, i was very excited and immediately started to read and fill out the form. But when it come to the details i decided that i won't apply.

I'm a Student, working part time as admin, using Debian unstable (amd64) on my main Desktop and have access to quite a bit of different hardware running mostly 32 and 64 bit versions of Debian or XP. I'd happily help testing.

But since you demand more than usually needed for a job application i won't do that.
    Actually i'm wondering - you stopped working on TS2 years ago eaven tough the linux client is next to useless lacking alsa support for anyone not buying a second sound card for just Teamspeak, and now you start looking for alpha testers? So there is no release to expect for another 2-3 years.

I wish you luck, but i'm more than dissapointed.

BHKai is offline -= Undercover TeamSpeak Fanatic =-
    Quote Originally Posted by Volley View Post
    But since you demand more than usually needed for a job application i won't do that.
    You work for the mob or something?

They pretty much have everything done. They need people for testing the features and what needs to be changed/added.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...t=43570&page=2
    Last edited by Peter; November 13th, 2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: fixed up broken bb code tags :p

Thread Information