Forum

Hybrid View

[TS3] Call for Closed Alpha Testers!

Hi everybody,

we are currently searching for a few testers to join our closed alpha test-team. At this point we are looking for people using Mac OS X or Linux as their *primary* desktop System. So those of you that are using Windows most of the time, please don't bother to apply, your time will come at a later point (if you apply although you do not match the requirements we might also ignore your applications for further tests, even if you match the profile then :P)

Anyways, please read the requirements closely, and only apply if you meet them, we don't want to sort out our candidates from 1000 useless submissions, that will just waste our time. Thank you

Here is the link to the requirement list, and eventually also the apply form. READ IT CAREFULLY:

http://www.teamspeak.com/alpha/

We will leave this thread open for further discussion and also to keep you informed on how the Call for Testers is progressing...please don't spam the thread though, there is still no release date for TS3, we will work hard to get you something to download.

I'm going to set the over/under for number of people on Windows who apply anyway at 100. Any takers? :P

On a different note, is this client testing only or is this also server testing?

only client testing, this will make sure the server gets some load :/

Sweet, applied but did not add a forum account as I had none while applying.
    Can't wait for it, glad to see that update

You should have waited seven minutes before applying to reach 1337-o-clock...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    You should have waited seven minutes before applying to reach 1337-o-clock...

Lol, I always used to ask people "what's the time?" when it reached 13:37 They never noticed

What's the average time it takes for a reply to an application at the present time?

I may be completely too late for this, I use ubuntu on my laptop, and would love to test this out. I've read the requirements carefully, and should meet them all.

A couple of questions though. The four hours per week, is that at specific times, or when I have the availability to test?

I also have access to multiple networks to test from, like home cable modem, as well as a DS3 with administrative rights for opening ports.

My question, is, is the NDA available for review? I would like to have my attorney look it over before I start thinking that this would be a fun project.

Then of course, am I too late? I tried to read all of these posts, and it sounded like one post referred to that step 1 has been completed already.

Feel free to email me.

Quote Originally Posted by davidonpda View Post

My question, is, is the NDA available for review? I would like to have my attorney look it over before I start thinking that this would be a fun project.
    Why you need that? Intend on breaking it and then saying, he, it doesn't say that in the NDA..

Quite simple, if you sign the NDA you are bound to the German ( or European ) laws. Break it and face the consequences.

Happy new year.

Hope it goes to open beta soon, since i didnt get a replie on my application as alpha tester.

Unhappy

Hey, I know to be ready when the TeamSpeak 3 or beta. Said they would be the end of 2008, but nothing has yet come out: (What date?

Quote Originally Posted by lorfirewall View Post
    Hey, I know to be ready when the TeamSpeak 3 or beta. Said they would be the end of 2008, but nothing has yet come out: (What date?
    There is currently no date!

It's done, when it's done...

Too late... Alpha registration is closed.
    A date for OpenBeta testing ? Our clan is using Teamspeex client. It's working quite fine, but some codecs are missing, and so, we sometimes have problems when trying to connect to Windows TS servers...
    We really are waiting for this TS3 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by m4k-Hurrican View Post
    Too late... Alpha registration is closed.
    A date for OpenBeta testing ? Our clan is using Teamspeex client. It's working quite fine, but some codecs are missing, and so, we sometimes have problems when trying to connect to Windows TS servers...
    We really are waiting for this TS3 thing.
    Hehe I wait since Summer 2007, 2006 was said, that ts3 should release at Summer 2007

Thats true, but what can we do? I am nearly happy how ts2 is, so why run riot?

It's awesome to see you guys at this stage...too bad I only checked the forums every few months or I'd have applied to the alpha stage

no matter, just looking forward to the next great project!

Thread Information