Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Weird Vista problem: TeamSpeak minimized - can't talk, open - can talk

Hey all,

I'm writing this thread for a friend who has a very weird TeamSpeak 2.0.33.7 problem while playing America's Army. He is using Vista.

Here's the problem.

He can run TeamSpeak fine, but if he runs America's Army and tries to talk to us on TeamSpeak he can't. As soon as he starts playing he can't talk to us at all, he actually has to switch between America's Army and TeamSpeak and open the TeamSpeak window himself to talk to us. But as soon as he switches back to America's Army he can't talk to us anymore.

We tried setting the process priority to high, set TeamSpeak to be Always on top, but nothing seems to help.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Yeah, I also get this when I play with battlefield 2. I also use Vista and when I am on the TS screen it works as soon as I click back on to BF2 I can no longer communicate.

BHKai is offline -= Undercover TeamSpeak Fanatic =-
    run as admin. And use search next time.

Run as admin doesn't work. Instead I told the guy to use Voice activation and that solved the problem. So yeah, if people only give run as admin as a solution.....get what I mean? I actually found the solution on the America's Army site btw, I can't believe it wasn't mentioned over here.

Also, thanks for replying in such a "friendly" way. I did use search but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. So, before you start telling me to search consider I actually DID that before I posted my question. I find it quite annoying people asking for help are told to search all the time while they actually did.

Geez, forums nowadays are not what they used to be anymore...

BHKai is offline -= Undercover TeamSpeak Fanatic =-
    Look. I know it I have posted the solution before. I have always said VA works without a problem. Most that use PTT use it because they do not know how to setup VA right and/or required by the SA to use it.

The other solutions that I HAVE POSTED BEFORE include:
    Maximize the ts window and start playing
    Disable Direct Input
    And I think that there is one more, but most are solved with either running as admin or disable direct input.

Before you say that I was "friendly" find out how many times that I have posted Run as admin and you will see why. Most people if they already tried something would indicate it also.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/announcement.php?f=69&a=43
    When you're posting:
    • Use a meaningful subject. "Help me pls!" is NOT a meaningful subject.
    • The more information you give, the better we can help. Try to write down at least the following information in your thread:
      • TeamSpeak version (complete string: 2.0.xx.xx)
      • Operation System (including Service Packs / Kernel Version, Kernel Patchset)
      • Soundcard & Driver version
      • Game (full name, no shortforms like "CS")
      • DirectX Version
      • Error message (information out of your TSclient.log or server.log can be very useful)
      • How often does the error appear?
      • What did you try to fix the problem?

What does the last one say?

Thread Information