Forum

Unhappy another backup question - searched w/ no luck

yes i searched for this backup question, but i didnt find an answer that is specific to my OS

i have TS RC2 server installed on windows 2000 pro, and seems like everyone on the forums is using linux, winxp or something else, so my question was not resolved through search NOR through FAQ.

For win 2000 pro, how do i backup the server configuration, channels, and clients? i do have mysql installed (latest version) but i do not have it configured with TS (didnt know i could). so the files would be ... where? i have no appdata folder (its application data in win2000, but TS is not there).

I'm upgrading the OS to windows xp pro, and i dont want to lose everything and all my members, its a hassle re-registering them all when they join...

BHKai is offline -= Undercover TeamSpeak Fanatic =-
    Copy the server.db and the server.ini file. It is in the same location that the server exe is.(where you installed it)

Re

so copying these files to the new installadion dir on windows xp will restore my clients and channel? just confirming because winxp stores the files differently according to other posts, its in appdata. Putting them in the installation dir, wont TS not look there for the clients list on winxp?

Edit: i worded that wrong: wont TS look to the appdata folder on a winxp installation and not the installation dir?
    Last edited by DevilzEye; March 19th, 2009 at 04:55 PM.

...Seriously, it is explained in clear in referencing article, and BHKai was so kind that even quoted it to you...
    TS *server* never look around, it only look in it's installation directory.

BHKai is offline -= Undercover TeamSpeak Fanatic =-
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilzEye View Post
    so copying these files to the new installadion dir on windows xp will restore my clients and channel? just confirming because winxp stores the files differently according to other posts, its in appdata. Putting them in the installation dir, wont TS not look there for the clients list on winxp?

Edit: i worded that wrong: wont TS look to the appdata folder on a winxp installation and not the installation dir?

What you read was that the client will save the configuration in app data on xp and vista machines.

For the server, only on vista machines, the server will save the server.db and the server.ini in either the app data folder or the installation directory, depending on how you run the server.exe.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=41228

Thread Information