Forum

Lightbulb [PHP] UDP Teamspeak bot

Hello,

Since I havent seen any of this sort of scripts arround I decided to post mine. Right now its a teamspeak bot written in php wich scans for spammers and a possibility to time ban players.

However the funcionality is not the interesting part. Wats interesting is that it does this using the UDP port and you can actualy see the bot connected to the server. Thus allowing you to create new channels and such.

I dont have any documentation with it nor is it verry wel documented but its opensource so you should be able to figure it out.

If you have any questions feel free to ask (prefered by mail). And before i forget feel free to distribute it or do anything you like with it alltough would be nice to give me some credits.

Forgot to mention it uses the Zend framework so make sure you have that in your include path somewhere.

Wow, that's cool work - thanks for posting! I've been looking into a solution to create / remove channels on a server from an external application and this looks like it could help a lot on this. I'd need this for C# but it'll probably be possible to use the information from the PHP files to build something similar in C#.

Looking at the code, however, I wasn't able to determine where exactly creating/deleting channels is implemented. Did I just miss it (I'm not that great in PHP), or isn't it implemented?

Also, I was wondering how the TeamSpeak devs see this - during my research for the TeamSpeak UDP protocol documentation, I found this pretty old posting (it's from 2004):

http://forum.teamspeak.com/archive/i...p/t-16854.html

Not sure if this still applies - it would be nice to get some feedback on this. The question is: Is it okay to connect to a TeamSpeak2 server via UDP to create/remove channels given that the protocol is not public?

I guess waiting for TeamSpeak3 is now much more of an option than back then, but it still would be nice to be able to control the channels via an external app for TeamSpeak2.

Hey mate,

Well its just not implemented but with a packet sniffer and some common sense you will be able to figure out how the packet looks like and implement it.

When I have some free time on my hands ill look for it myself (cant be that hard since the structure of a TS packet is allready known).

I'd be pretty careful about that.

Hardly spoken, as to the license reverse engineering and therefore close inspection of protocol contents with packet sniffers to be able to emulate client protocols means taking an illegal action.
    (Packet inspection and analysis of undocumented protocol IS reverse engineering - no discussion about that, please. The fact that someone already did it so the protocol now is somewhat well known is not relevant)

I dont know if anyone still cares now, but.. it's simply not allowed to create such bots. So surely noone would get any assistance in such an approach and just should be happy not to be sued...

Yes it is reverse engineering, no doubt about it. But it is allowed (even if the licence says its not allowed, have been multiple lawsuits about this subject and as long as you dont redistrubute it you are allowed to do so (see Blizzard VS Glider). Getting support for it no ofcourse not!

But I doubt if the devs from TS still care about anybody doing that with the TS2 protocol.

Looks interessting but how can i get it to work?
    How to do it on windows? or is it only Linux?
    What version of zend do i need?
    Last edited by orDian; May 16th, 2009 at 10:58 PM.

ZF version doesnt mather. But you need some php knowledge to get it to work. Php works on both windows and linux however it is not ment to run continious scripts.

Use this source mainly to lookup some packet structures I allready have figured out. I wont recomment using this for anything else then testing purpose.

Ok, ty, I have to made a bat file to run with php.exe the file continuesly.
    I have Zend copied in the folder but it gives an error: use Zend_Loader_Autoloader or something cant remember now.

Id love to test this. But I have no idea what to do

Thread Information