Forum

Video and phone apps suggestions/questions.

I have been using teamspeak for about a decade and I am in love with it, so much, that I cannot stand to even think about using vent or skype.

Having said that, I must implore you, at teamspeak, to provide us with the same functionality as these, so I don't have to hang my head in sorrow when my family and friends tell me that they use skype because of all the cool stuff they provide.

I'd like to see video conferencing capabilities and the ability to run TS on my iphone, though you may do well to work out something that works on the crackberry, as well as, the gphone architecture.

don't make me switch!!!

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=literature

'What's new in teamspeak3.pdf' has a chart comparing Vent, TS2, and TS3.

As far as threatening to switch, well i don't think that'll make anything go faster. Good effort though.

it's not a threat, it's a plea.

read the pdf, thanks. it's a great update and I can understand them taking a while to complete free software.

I hope that the next version has video and doesn't take 10 years. ;p

Well, it's already been 5, so 10 isn't a huge stretch at this point.

As annoyed as I am at the lack of VISIBLE progress (Aside from the nice screens released in 08, which made my entire year)...I'll still wait, and continue to make love to my current TS2 server:P

Skype isn't the target application that Teamspeak is shooting for. While you can use teamspeak for the purpose of cutting out the telco's and by passing long distance charges that's not what it's really made for. Teamspeak is targeted at voice communications for video games normally your not wanting to see a video stream on top of your game screen. Even Vent does not have this capability. So compairing Skype to vent and teamspeak isn't a good comparison. They are each tools to do different things.

Thread Information