Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TS lag while other are talking

Hello guys I've a problem just of TeamSpeak.
    I had a problem about TS that was audio lag while others were talking.
    I thought that the router was the problem but it just arrived back from the assistance and the problem still remain

My guildies can hear me very clearly but I can hear them maybe 1, 2 seconds just when there is one person that talk.
    My ADSL line is perfect: 85ms of ping and the download speed is 4-6MB.

Please HELP me!

Maybe i'm misreading this but there will be that slight delay inbetween when they actually say it and when you hear it. The program has to encode what you say, then send it across the internet, and when received it has to be decoded. This all takes time. So depending one where they are located, where you are located, the internet in general, How much it has to process, and so forth, will determine that delay.

There really isn't much at all you can do for something like that.

Same Problem

Posted: 2009-05-29, 00:44:16 Post subject: Problems with teamspeak

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been having the same problems with teamspeak the last few days. I hear other people but they cut out. Others hear me alright though. When I right click to get info on me it shows I have a large packet loss of between 23-34%. Now that is huge when everone else is generally 0%.

This is in brief what I have been doing to fix this problem. All with no success.
    1. I have done a speed test and the download and upload speeds are normal.
    2. I have reinstalled teamspeak.
    3. I have run full virus and spyware scans.
    4. I have uninstalled programs that may be trouble.
    5. I have used a different cable from the ADSL modem.
    6. I have now reinstalled windows (vista)
    7. Updated windows and drivers
    8. Downloaded new version of teamspeak.
    9. STILL DOING THE SAME THING!!!!!

What more can I do?

I guess I could try someone elses connection to isolate wether it is my computer or the connection??
    Oh and I also selected teamspeak as allowed with Norton and tried with firewall on and off.

I have been using Teamspeak for a long time now and this has just happened from out of nowhere.

This all takes time. So depending one where they are located, where you are located, the internet in general, How much it has to process, and so forth, will determine that delay.
    I never had a problem such this. Neither me and my friends have changed house so that's not the problem! I have found a change since "before" and "now" ... the internet led of my router blink fast when I start TS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumdir View Post
    I never had a problem such this. Neither me and my friends have changed house so that's not the problem! I have found a change since "before" and "now" ... the internet led of my router blink fast when I start TS.
    I'm sorry i still don't understand your problem. When a friend talks it takes you 1-2 seconds for you to hear it? Like it's all distorted and jumbled up kind of thing?

Or when someone is talking you can hear them for 1-2 seconds and that's all?

They talk, I can hear some words clearly then they mix up togheter, some noise and other stuff like this... result --> can't stand the situation.

If person A talks and then person B starts talking, you will hear both of what they are saying at the same time. That's how it'll always be.

However, if it's different then this then make sure your sound card has the latest drivers/updates.

That's not an overlap of voices.

A person A talks, I hear it clearly;
    A person B start to talks, he says "Hello" ... I hear "H" .. asrhaouisvaoihroiasryoacv1923701jlaoisf ... "L" ... "O"

Try TS>settings>options>other>priority high

Do you have a high packet loss percentage? (right click your self > get connection info)

I've put it on priority high... nothing better.

Packet los %? The more TS stay connected the more the % increases ... reached 30%

As said before I have the same problem. Others can hear me perfectly but they come through clear but broken. They are holding down push to talk key but there conection light flickers on and off. My packet loss ranges between14% to 34%. I have been using TS for a long time without any problems. Everyone else has a 0% packet loss. It seems as though there are a few people with this problem and no solution.

I don't know what else to tell you. Your problem is your losing packets and with it the data of the people talking. I don't know how to fix it. It's beyond my range of knowledge at the moment. I'd google it and see what other people say to do to fix your problem. Good luck!

Thanks for the help Zero... I came here on the official TS forum just to have the "official" solution but you are the only one that answered to my sos.

Seems that google is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumdir View Post
    Thanks for the help Zero... I came here on the official TS forum just to have the "official" solution but you are the only one that answered to my sos.

Seems that google is the way.
    Just throwing this in here. I'm not sure if it would help, but have you tried a wired connection?

Kick it! A small attitude adjustment is all it needs

Thread Information