Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Issue with creating channels

I just got my server and client a while ago, and trying to get it completely set up for my Guild on a game I play, (TwelveSky2) and I can't understand what I am doing wrong. I have all that I know I am supposed to have, and now I go into creating channels, but the problem is... As I create one channel, and go to make another new one, instead of it actually making a second channel, it actually changes the name of my first created channel. I was trying to have it so that it has the default channel when everyone first logs in, and then I wanted to have a room for private chats only, like for people that just want to discuss something between themselves without the rest of the room knowing about it, and then I wanted to make an AFK room, and that is all... but everytime I make the Private one, and then go to make the AFK one, it changes my private one to the afk room.... no new channel is being made. I have read on other portions of this forum that you need to choose a "channel type".... what is that??? I don't understand. I am new to this program, and I have no clue what I am doing. Can someone please help me before I start giving out the server address and password to people in my Guild?

I believe you created Unregistered channel.
    and when you create another you will jump in that new one but because of basics of Unregistered channels the empty channels are removed...

when you create channel make sure you checked registered
    so the channel have permission flag with letter R instead of U
    (Registered Unregistered)

read manual of Teamspeak and FAQ (on this website) believe me it helps and its not so long too.

also consider using subchannels.

It doesn't even give me the option to use the subchannel thing. I tried that a few times too, but the link thing to click on to use a subchannel is grey instead of black like the rest of them, so I don't understand... but I will try the idea with the R and U difference. I will get back to you if that don't work.

When you go to edit the channel, make sure that Subchannel is checked. Then you right click on it and hit create subchannel.

RTFM
    I really mean read that manual and FAQ.

to fast your work more http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=faq&c...9#client_flags

I almost make a video about creating a channels...
    for very user friendly TeamSpeak... loled

... fastest would be teamviewer and click here click there all set in 10mins and I can dc ...

The registered channel idea worked. Thanks!

Can this topic be closed now?

Thread Information