Forum

Local AddressBook Files ?

I am interesting in to know how can I change entries in the "Local adressbook" with my application ...

In fact I am a developper in a Mapping Team and our Server change his IP regulary ... so the client application I've developped need update automaticatly the Server IP for each TS Client (RC2) (for all Team members) ...

So ... where the adressbook is saved ? Can I modify it ? or another solution ?

Thx ...

PS : I'm french, sorry for my english mistakes ...

Look into 'DNS'. This takes a dynamic IP and allows a 'static' connection. That is to say that you can give people public.server.com to connect to. This will always be the same even if your IP changes constantly. So people won't have to change their entry in the address book constantly.

Yes it's a good idea ... I thought about it but for security reasons I would prefer to use the Server IP ...

If i use a domain with a DNS in fact I use a static address for the Server but I would prefer to keep a non static address IP ... ^^

If there are other answers ... ?

I am sorry i do not know. Maybe you can ask the people in the server forum to see if they have any other ideas.

Thread Information