Forum

TeamSpeak hacking..

Hi there, I have a huge problem with one guys who is hacking my server..
    Im running TeamSpeak2 RC2 server on my VPS account (Version: v2.0.r23.b19 Linux) ONLY I have SA rights in there. I didn't gave SA to anyone, and today some guys pm me on irc that he will hack my server, and he joined as R SA so I took him away his SA but after few min he joined as SA again.. I've double checked at my web control panel only I am ticked as Server admin, he joins anyway as SA and hes destroying my server.. is there any way to stop him? he said that he uses; give me SA or hydra thingy..

1. is it updated server binary?
    2. are you certain that he doesnt have access to VPS (not just TeamSpeak)
    3. hard to believe thro. can I get address?
    4. destroying server? can you describe??

1. Think so
    2. Only I do have access on VPS
    3. soldatserver.net:8000
    4. As you know (SA) can join any channel he wan't without giving password, so he is disturbing others, kicking users, moving then into a different channel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fubister View Post
    1. Think so
    2. Only I do have access on VPS
    3. soldatserver.net:8000
    4. As you know (SA) can join any channel he wan't without giving password, so he is disturbing others, kicking users, moving then into a different channel etc.
    I will tell you why and the answer is simple.
    YOU OR WHOEVER SET THE PERMISSIONS VERY BADLY ON YOUR server. some people just do better if they use default permissions lol.
    I had just 10 sec and I got SA. why? you checked permission which allows anyone to autoregister as SA.

so in short its not hack just someone exploited admin stupidity I guess. No offence.

so admin2 is myne. I have removed SA from other accounts. Post me here if u wanna set some back and dont know how. I have unbanned your IP I think. I fixed the permissions for ya. set some adminemail its missing there. (for a while I set Webpost to myne.) fixed sortOrder numbers at 2channels. The address in welcome mesage doesnt work.
    my job should be done. You should remove accounts which you do know that caused the troubles. laterz

ouch EDIT> of course expect Fubister SA.
    Last edited by Tomas; August 11th, 2009 at 09:34 AM.

TeamSpeak hacking

BS. I chased around a "hacker" from 6 diffrent Servers using one of MY nicks....and later that night it happened again while we were all talking only this time they were using someone ELSE that was already in there....We have a screen shot to prove this......

Quote Originally Posted by 54trautloft View Post
    BS. I chased around a "hacker" from 6 diffrent Servers using one of MY nicks....and later that night it happened again while we were all talking only this time they were using someone ELSE that was already in there....We have a screen shot to prove this......
    that post is like a statement only. What was the purpose of sending it? btw its so relatively written that it doesnt tell much expect someone somewhere on internet chased someone on some teamspeak servers.

Thread Information