Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TS3 needs to come out soon

It is getting more and more difficult to get ts2 working with the newer versions of windows. I hope ts3 comes out soon or i and most likely others will have to move to another client.

Than you will come back when TS3 is out or what?

BHKai is offline -= Undercover TeamSpeak Fanatic =-
    Quote Originally Posted by hescominsoon View Post
    It is getting more and more difficult to get ts2 working with the newer versions of windows. I hope ts3 comes out soon or i and most likely others will have to move to another client.

Using Vista Ultimate 64 bit and it works flawless.

TS2 works absolutly fine with win7 Ultimate 64Bit so i guess the problem sits infront of the pc...

Quote Originally Posted by Scph10000bin View Post
    TS2 works absolutly fine with win7 Ultimate 64Bit so i guess the problem sits infront of the pc...
    * DISagree
    maybe both. but definetly I wouldnt exclude Vista as troublemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    * DISagree
    maybe both. but definetly I wouldnt exclude Vista as troublemaker.
    There's nothing wrong per-say with Windows. It's not Teamspeak that's becoming outdated, it's your hardware and or lack there of drivers.

Of course Teamspeak won't work correctly if you don't have the correct sound drivers installed for your system. You can't blame TS for your lack of knowledge on how computers works.

I'm extremely happy with TS2, though the coding for it is old-school, it's very stable and just flat out works (and works well).

I run a gaming community, between them our members use every variety of Microsoft o/s from xp 32 to win7 64 and a few linux users on top of that, not one of them has any issues with yteamspeak.
    Having said that, their systems are all kept pretty updated so they can run the latest games we support, so i can only assume the issue is local with you, most expectedly a hardware/driver issue.

I do however agree that TS3 needs releasing fairly soon. Mumble will soon surpass any free comms package out there and when it does a hell of a lot of hardened TS fans will switch.

TS2 is now ancient by application standards and although still very good and very useful, I am finding more and more pressure to switch to something newer

Duct tape programmers are pragmatic. (Jamie) Zawinski popularized Richard Gabriel’s precept of Worse is Better. A 50%-good solution that people actually have solves more problems and survives longer than a 99% solution that nobody has because it’s in your lab where you’re endlessly polishing the damn thing. Shipping is a feature. A really important feature. Your product must have it.
    - from Joel on Software

my post was understood as asking for help?
    sorry.

My gaming clan still uses ts2. But probably not for long. We have a couple linux users who have great difficulty using ts2 in linux due to the stupid OSS issues. We will probably switch to mumble or ventrilo if TS is not able to produce a new client.

The quality of ts2 is not up to par with today's standards. And TS3 seems so far away, I am not sure if we will continue to use TS products.

Quote Originally Posted by tehonebeast View Post
    The quality of ts2 is not up to par with today's standards. And TS3 seems so far away, I am not sure if we will continue to use TS products.
    its not far away anymore... max 2 months and 2 weeks.

Thankyou for the info Ludwig, now at least we have an approx date to wait for
    Lets say perhaps Jan 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Terox View Post
    Thankyou for the info Ludwig, now at least we have an approx date to wait for
    Lets say perhaps Jan 2010
    no, latest is 31.12.2009

Ah that's great news.

I think what Ludwig is trying to say is that the beta will be able to be downloaded no later then 31.12.2009. I'm guessing it'll be set up like the public servers for TS2. You will be able to connect to it, create your own channel with password, and you and your friends could have a blast.

Thread Information