Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am not hating on TS ScP. But fact is fact. TS2 is very bad when it comes to security. Give me a secured TS2 IP and I will have a go at it to show you.

Why should I have to run 3rd party programs either? Other VOIP's don't make you to stop spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by azzy101 View Post
    it was a major factor to deter me from teamspeak 2 aswell.

Since ts3 is c++ complete rewrite , the previous bugs are void
    Mind explaining to me just why c++ makes a program more secure?

I've always thought it had to do with how the program is actually designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1 View Post
    That's what I always thought.

back to topic...

teamspeak 3 will be updated on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by SightUp View Post
    I am not hating on TS ScP. But fact is fact. TS2 is very bad when it comes to security. Give me a secured TS2 IP and I will have a go at it to show you.

Other VOIP's don't make you to stop spamming.
    sended you PM since mods here could start .... with spam.
    and the last sentence in your post(quote bolded) doesn't make much sence to me.

I am not sure what I was talking about. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Just1 View Post
    Mind explaining to me just why c++ makes a program more secure?

Would like to chime in here from a novice web-code and a super-noob visual basic 'fiddler'

C++ in no way, makes something more secure. Why he was suggesting is, the fact that a bug or exploit is entirely possibly only due to the exact method something is coded or designed etc. means that when all those methods and designs are redone from the ground up... this makes those bugs void. non existent. no longer there due to the code not being the same. (or odds are, even remotely similar.)

If I recall from when i used TS2, it also was c++.. Also, just because something might have been exploitable/buggy in TS2 and the fact TS3 is a 100% rewrite, does not mean TS3 wont have issues at the start.

I am fairly certain there would be numerous bugs, and maybe even a few exploits at launch of the beta. What matters is that they are fixed, and in a very quick manner! (service loss/data loss bugs, or exploits should be fixed ASAP, as always.. due to their seriousness. i.e. before a 'gui miss-spelling' etc

Quote Originally Posted by uberjon View Post
    If I recall from when i used TS2, it also was c++..
    no its kylix / delphi...

Quote Originally Posted by uberjon View Post
    C++ in no way, makes something more secure. Why he was suggesting is, the fact that a bug or exploit is entirely possibly only due to the exact method something is coded or designed etc. means that when all those methods and designs are redone from the ground up... this makes those bugs void. non existent. no longer there due to the code not being the same. (or odds are, even remotely similar.)

Thanks for answering that . I wasnt saying changing to another coding language makes it more secure, but creating a completely new program on a different language means the previous bugs in the old version will not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by azzy101 View Post
    creating a completely new program on a different language means the previous bugs in the old version will not apply.
    Which does not mean that there's no new bugs allowing the same end result - compromised server security.
    So stop being stupid and calling TS2 insecure just because you've heard something somewhere. There was a number of security updates, every time something critical was discovered, there was update to cover the issue, sometimes even deeper one than which has been exploited.

And your TS IP is?

back to topic, if you want to discuss ts2 stuff, open a new thread in the ts2 section.

Thread Information