Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TS3 Future Updates

Can we expect regular updates when TS3 is released? In the past it would seem that updates were usually scarce for TS2. Will this happen when TS3 is completed? Will TS3 have a built in system to alert clients that there is an update like other VOIP programs?

Quote Originally Posted by SightUp View Post
    Can we expect regular updates when TS3 is released?
    Yes, i think so.

Will TS3 have a built in system to alert clients that there is an update like other VOIP programs?
    Yes.

I think we should first wait until TS3 gets released before thinking about any updates.

Seeing how it's going to be released within the next month for us to use, I am trying to get the lay of the land here. I don't want to plunge our clan into TS3 if they won't support it as they did with TS2.

Seeing how it's going to be released within the next month for us to use, I am trying to get the lay of the land here. I don't want to plunge our clan into TS3 if they won't support it as they did with TS2.
    Updates tend to only happen when they are needed, not "just because" as you make it sound (at least that is how I am reading you).

For all of its shortcomings, TS2 is a stable and reliable platform. Sure, it lacks features that are available in every other VOIP program out there right now, but it simply WORKS and does what it was designed to do, AFAIAC.

I am sure that when/if TS3 needs updates, they will be pushed out to the masses to fix whatever issues may arise.

I imagine throughout the beta there will be several updates fixing bugs / implementing last minute features and those kinds of things. As far as updating with the final release, i still imagine there will be updates. Seeing as how customizable it is, i wouldn't be surprised if some of the updates included sound packs, icon packs, or language packs. The community can really make some neat things. That's not including any other updates or features they have thought of to be implemented or bug fixes.

So my guess would be that they would definitely keep it updated.

TS2 is extremely unsecured. You can take 1 min on Google and find out still working ways to crash or harass a TS2 server.

TS2 is extremely unsecured. You can take 1 min on Google and find out still working ways to crash or harass a TS2 server.
    really?? working ones?

Um, yes. I have two apps that I can use.

like how many other apps ? ...

I have two apps
    Are you completely in the dark with this kind of thing? No one has been reporting the TS2 crap that goes on? I left TS2 because if it.

Are you completely in the dark with this kind of thing? No one has been reporting the TS2 crap that goes on? I left TS2 because if it.
    it was a major factor to deter me from teamspeak 2 aswell.

Since ts3 is c++ complete rewrite , the previous bugs are void

You're right. We get to fart around with whole new ones.

You're right. We get to fart around with whole new ones.
    Well i trust that the developers have done their job, since ts3 has been in alpha for so long now. But like everything , you cant find all of the bugs in alpha - open beta's are needed, it may be a little rocky period but i doubt we will see any big secrurity holes that TS2 had.

Don't make me laugh... If you're using the latest version of the TS2 server you're pretty safe in my opinion. In addition, there are many third party tools available to protect your server from beeing flooded.

The stuff you'll find on YouTube or Google are either fake or will only work if the serveradmin left his brain on the locker. For example, I've seen a "tutorial" where some guy describes how to hack TeamSpeak servers. He simply searched for servers where the admin used a password equal to his username - and succeeded on his first attempt.

There are three simple guidelines to keep your TS2 servers secure:

1. Use an up-to-date version
    2. Use strong passwords
    3. Use your brain

Thread Information